It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn Announces Public Demonstration of Orbo Technology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Good find! Although the idea is great and would solve or should i say have an immediate effect on energy at the mo, you suddenly get brought down with a bump because free energy means loss of income for the fat cats. Flag for you mateeee

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Over Unity machinery has yet to be developed as far as I know. If it was, then it would be huge news and not coming off a small, joomla based website that is remarkably thin on content.

I would say, well, give it a look, but don't get your hopes up.

there is no such thing as free energy. Even the sun is not free, it is burning up and will eventually die.

solar panels are made with petroleum products.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wikipedia:

"In June 2009 the jury gave its unanimous verdict that Steorn had not demonstrated the production of energy."

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

The first law of thermodynamics would like to have a word with you. Energy can't be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another. There is no 'free energy', and there never will be.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

Their machine doesn't work. It's a hoax. Free energy is impossible, and will never exist.

reply to post by Happyfeet

You should wait to see if the experts can verify it works. Using your own eyes to see if a device can generate electricity is intrinsically flawed.

reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

That is not proof. Anyone can have a demonstration model that claims to be the real thing but is powered by some other, hidden, means. It happens frequently.

reply to post by broli

And perhaps you shouldn't believe everything you see on TV or the internet... Wait until the experts (who can tell the difference between an energy hoax and the real deal) determines that this thing works. An internet stream is not proof of anything, only that people are gullible.

I can't be bothered to keep on refuting all these ridiculously inaccurate, ignorant replies to this thread. Did everyone not take science classes at school???

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight
Here's the thing:

I travelled back in time and knocked up your mom.

Seriously people, is this how you would behave face to face, not hiding behind your computer. Can you talk to each other with a shred of respect for your fellow human beings.

Why is it that when a company like steorn comes along people feel the need to crush it. Do you realize that if they actually succeed, the main benefactors will be you? I would think if anything, you would be encouraging them to have a demonstration... So they failed at their first demo to convince the pack of wolves. Give them time to correct their mistakes, I don't think that's too much to ask. Remember there's always a first, even though within the black programs this is old news and outdated.....

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
None of you know if its working... How could you?

What you're seeing is a well stage-managed sham.

People should stop saying, "I can see it working" because you can't tell if an unproven highly unlikely device is "working" by watching a spinning wheel on a streaming video.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

Originally posted by seethelight
Here's the thing:

I travelled back in time and knocked up your mom.

Seriously people, is this how you would behave face to face, not hiding behind your computer. Can you talk to each other with a shred of respect for your fellow human beings.

Why is it that when a company like steorn comes along people feel the need to crush it. Do you realize that if they actually succeed, the main benefactors will be you? I would think if anything, you would be encouraging them to have a demonstration... So they failed at their first demo to convince the pack of wolves. Give them time to correct their mistakes, I don't think that's too much to ask. Remember there's always a first, even though within the black programs this is old news and outdated.....

Yeah, this is how I behave to people, face-to-face.

It ensures that I don't have a bunch of superstitious friends that base their beliefs on silly conjecture.

People are coddled way to much...

If you can't stand being told that your ideas are flawed and should be examined then you shouldn't be on ATS.

And I'll ask you a question in return:

Why do you feel the need to "believe" Steorn's PR?

If it's proven I will believe it, but they're are serial liars and they're trying to run a well known scam.

I would LOVE my home to be the epicentre of a free-energy revolution, but it's not gonna happen.

You choosing to believe proven liars is much more confounding than me choosing to be aggressively sceptical.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by seethelight]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Here is the direct link to the live stream -

www.livestream.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

Why is it that when a company like steorn comes along people feel the need to crush it.

because they are selling snake oil, and it does not work.

So they failed at their first demo to convince the pack of wolves.

so they never even bothered to test it to see if it works before making it public with lies about what it does....

Give them time to correct their mistakes, I don't think that's too much to ask.

except even after they corrected their "mistakes" scientists who tested it said it did not work.... yet they now claim it does.... except it is running on a battery!

even though within the black programs this is old news and outdated.....

yes, even they know it does not work!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
you all are so ignorant.

free energy doesn't exist?

THEN WHAT IS WIND AND SOLAR POWER?

It's free, and it's energy.

To say free energy doesn't exist is so ignorant.

I'm sure you have every answer to the universe and you are the all mighty god so I will believe you that there can never be free energy.

Get a life.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The live stream doesn't show anything.

It would be much more useful to have a demo with someone explaining the input and output with actual meters.

And until they do so how can they expect anyone to believe this.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtfhuh
The live stream doesn't show anything.

It would be much more useful to have a demo with someone explaining the input and output with actual meters.

of course if they did that it would just show that it does not work as they claim, so they avoid having meters showing the supposed power produced!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
reply to post by dereks

How do you know it can't?? have you tested it? Have you even seen it in person? Probly not. SOOO Until you can prove it dosn't work. IT DOES Thank you come again.

Huh? isn't it supposed to be the other way around? until they can prove it works it doesn't?

So any claim (especially hard to believe ones) is true until disproved?

-rrr

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Except they posted the directions and showing times on their site. One member was even making a plan to pay a visit to it.

It's very possible that they've made changes since the "consensus" in June, as it's now December, to make it behave differently.

They sure are spending a lot of money, even making it available in January, to do something that doesn't exist.

Until this device that they have right now is proven junk, I'll keep an eye of curiosity on this.

There are things in this universe that defy our laws of physics. That doesn't mean they don't exist.

If we knew it all, there would be no reason to have scientists in the first place.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon

There are things in this universe that defy our laws of physics. That doesn't mean they don't exist.

Such as what exactly?

If we knew it all, there would be no reason to have scientists in the first place.

But scientists point out that junk like this does not do what they claim! As to them having "fixed" it, why didnt they test it before making their claim that it was a perpetual motion device in the first place?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

A crystal radio's power input comes from the electromagnetic field around it. The energy may be free in as much as solar or wind energy is free, but the field that is powering that crystal radio contains less energy by as much energy is gained by the radio.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
reply to post by seethelight

That sounds like a plan. If your right I will applaud your ablity to debunk things with no hard evidence. If im right I will happly send you paypal information. That $100 will go nicely into my newborns school fund.

Just consider this, maybe the reason we havent discovered free energy yet is due to the fact we are following laws that dont exist. You truely believe that we know everything about physics? I am willing to bet we don't. Matter of fact im willing to bet that within the next decade we will overcome some of these laws. Just like when EVERYONE KNEW the world was flat. Oh ya and everyone KNEW that the sun revolved around the earth. I wonder what great thing that EVERYONE KNOWS because of the LAWS we cannont break, will be disproven tomarow.

Even without getting into the physics, the thing looks like a scam. For 419 Euros, you get certain undefined information. If you then find a way to really make it work, Steorns gets that, free and forever.You buy a pig in a poke, you pay to have it butchered, and they get the bacon. Looks like they have found a way to produce more money than they put in.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
But scientists point out that junk like this does not do what they claim! As to them having "fixed" it, why didnt they test it before making their claim that it was a perpetual motion device in the first place?

I think scientists have something better to do then showing anothers junk wrong. Like I said before:

Originally posted by Dumbass

Steorn let me down once!
but politicians let me down one lifetime!

So I watch carefully next 6 weeks and hope for the change!

So I will go on with my own exploration, nothing to do with energy or what so ever, and in six weeks I will hear some great news about this or nothing at all. I just let them be, they are not spending my money or time.

I am convinced, we don't know everything, and so, I'm convinced we do not have all of the natural laws of this universe integrated in our basic scientific knowledge. The more knowledge you gain, the better you can understand that you don't know anything.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Ecidemon

Such as what exactly?

The lack of unification between Quantum mechanics and General Relativity. Last I checked that problem wasn't solved. Along with that comes understanding the true nature of gravity. There are experiments that attempt to measure the speed at which gravity propagates and they have shown the effects to be consistent with superluminal speeds. Yet there are interpretations of those experiments in which it is understood that it would appear to be superluminal even if the speed was equal to c because the experiment measures propagation speed by a side effect.

So As far as I know there remains debate (not much though) about the speed at which gravity propagates, all those who believe it matches c do so without undisputed evidence.

Finally, the existence of, at least theoretical contraptions such as the Alcubierre drive, which would invariably give rise to causality violations clearly show that there is something wrong with the way we've understood the most deeply basic laws of the universe. Either the Alcubierre drive is possible and causality is subject to violation, or it does not, and general relativity is incomplete. Well, it is incomplete merely because it can't explain the quantum world, so there.

As far as this device goes, I'll believe it when I see it. But I find it especially weird that they don't just start productizing it, the "social" approach they are taking (working with engineers to productize it instead) seems reminiscent of the way other, now documented frauds, have dealt with their "discoveries", by leveraging their ability to "convince people" (my dignified way of saying, "leverage people's gullibility") more so than making the damn device already and powering something with it, say a light bulb. So my money is on this being a deliberate scam. Although it is possible that they are effectively "removing" energy stored in the magnet. Remember that it took energy to manufacture that magnet, and thus it contains a form of potential energy in store. I would not be surprised if they genuinely found the mechanism by which that energy becomes kinetic energy, but haven't gone far enough to learn that it is not free, it is merely expended as the magnetic field of the "permanent" magnet weakens.

-rrr

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join