It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn Announces Public Demonstration of Orbo Technology

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeval

The Jury eventually came back with a result, however due to various reasons (lack of data etc.) the scientists decided that there was not enough information to provide a verdict

Garbage, they provided a verdict - "The unanimous verdict of the Jury is that Steorn's attempts to demonstrate the claim have not shown the production of energy. The jury is therefore ceasing work."

so it does not work....

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
See, this is why I find the whole thing interesting.

To prove that Steorn have what they say, they need to jump through hoops and give rigourous published proof... fair enough. But, when the Jury just says that "sorry we don't believe that it works" (paraphrased) without any backing up of the result with details of their investigation you believe their result without even thinking about it. It would be fair enough if they produced data as to why they didn't think it worked and published that data, but they didn't, why not? But somehow their word is taken at face value and Steorns' is not.

I'm not taking any side, but I want to be objective, and so far the process has not been objective. I can certainly see why Steorn are going about things in the way they are.

-Keeval-

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Keeval]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

See, this is why I find the whole thing interesting.

To prove that Steorn have what they say, they need to jump through hoops and give rigourous published proof... fair enough. But, when the Jury just says that "sorry we don't believe that it works" (paraphrased) without any backing up of the result with details of their investigation you believe their result without even thinking about it. It would be fair enough if they produced data as to why they didn't think it worked and published that data, but they didn't, why not? But somehow their word is taken at face value and Steorns' is not.

I'm not taking any side, but I want to be objective, and so far the process has not been objective. I can certainly see why Steorn are going about things in the way they are.

-Keeval-

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Keeval]

Yes i agree Steorn are jumping through hoops for the doubters ! If like the naysayers like saying 'these snake-oil salesmen' are truly frauds would they, after the 2006 demo failure, go away and spend how ever many thousands improving their device ! Wouldn't they just be throwing good money after bad ? They are CONVINCED their device works and are doing their utmost to prove it !

They are answering all the questions and accusations of them ! 'Oh well it doesn't do this ....what do they do ? Go and hide , disappear ? NO they go away come back to show IT DOES ! They are not shy to admit their shortcomings and work to satisfy their accusers and inquisiters ! Everytime !

[edit on 033131p://12America/Chicago22 by ProRipp]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

The Jury eventually came back with a result, however due to various reasons (lack of data etc.) the scientists decided that there was not enough information to provide a verdict

Garbage, they provided a verdict - "The unanimous verdict of the Jury is that Steorn's attempts to demonstrate the claim have not shown the production of energy. The jury is therefore ceasing work."

so it does not work....

I think that if the Jury had published the data they had accumulated during their analysis, showing how they came to their conclusion, then no one would be doubting their findings.

However, without that data, and detailed reasons all you have is unsubstantiated opinion....

Just playing Devil's Advocate here

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

when the Jury just says that "sorry we don't believe that it works" (paraphrased) without any backing up of the result with details of their investigation you believe their result without even thinking about it. It would be fair enough if they produced data as to why they didn't think it worked and published that data, but they didn't, why not?

That is the question you should ask Steorn - Why havent they released the results of the jury? Why did Sean McCarthy lie about being able to release the results?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

That is the question you should ask Steorn - Why havent they released the results of the jury? Why did Sean McCarthy lie about being able to release the results?

You sound like you are deeply into this. How and why do you know so much, who is paying you and why? Simple question.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
You sound like you are deeply into this. How and why do you know so much,

It is called reading - try reading the Steorn and other forums discussing the Orbo!

who is paying you and why?

My boss, and I get paid because I work.... wtf are you babbling about??

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
My boss, and I get paid because I work....

You sure do, dereks. You sure do.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

ah - the ` predictable response ` accusse anyone who questions steorns " facts " as a paid difinfo agent

hey - we can all play that game :

so tell me , how long have you been employed by steorn ?

its a simple question

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by dereks

You sound like you are deeply into this. How and why do you know so much, who is paying you and why? Simple question.

He has shares in Duracell ! Probably !

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Let's talk science...

The last demonstration showed that the orbo is a novel motor idea, take note I'm not saying overunity here. The motor does not suffer any induced EMF due to the motion of the magnets, this is definitely unique in its way.

There are multiple sound ways it can do this. When the magnet gets attracted to the ferrite core of coil, the coil gets energized, this saturates the coil in a circular fashion misaligning the magnetic dipoles. For the magnet this is unfavorable thus the attraction force diminishes when it moves on.

The important part here as it moves along and the coil are engaged no induced EMF is seen, either when it's running as a motor or "free wheeling" without any energy put in the coils but them being shorted at the appropriate times.

There are two main solutions to achieve this in theory and Steorn seems to use either one or both. The first is that the coils are all hooked in series and are wound oppositely each time. This will cause backward emf and forward emf in each pair thus canceling the net induced EMF. From the video the wiring seem to indicate the reversed windings per coil, combining that with an even number of coils which they have can cancel any emf.

The second solution comes with using two magnets per set like they do as well. When one magnet moves away it will cause a small net circular flux in the ferrite core, this will induce an EMF (which still could be canceled by solution 1). But by adding a second magnet right below it and with opposite polarity you will have the same exact net flux going through the core but in opposite direction. This will bring the total changing flux to 0 and thus no induced EMF will be present.

Now this is all interesting but the real crooks is that it's claimed to be OU. When the coils are energized in their first phase that energy is inductive and thus can be recycled. Steorn claims not only can it be fully recycled but when it is more is given back than put in. The rest of the on cycle of the coil is dissipated a heat due to ohmic resistance. So this means that the mechanical energy which is captured by a generator is really a bonus since both inductive energy and ohmic resistance are given back as electricity and heat.

This is our interpretation of the E-Orbo motor. Hopefully I can built one using this concept soon. And witness these results for myself.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
id like to see this work it would be brilliant.

I think an interesting demonstration of the technology would be to remove the battery and replace it with a hand powered motor (wind the crank to generate the electricity required to get the system going) then once its spinning remove the hand crank and watch the system sustain itself (using a capacitor instead of the battery). If the machine keeps generating motor power once the initial input is removed there is really something to it.

Also id be interested to know if the "permanent" magnets could be replaced by electromagnets that way they wouldnt run out of magnetism... if the system generates more power than the input power then the input power should be able to be removed and have the thing keep working. Even if it isnt perpetual and eventually runs down thats not a big deal, as long as it produces more energy before it runs out than was originaly inputted into the system.

It may well be that a battery is required for the system to work sustainably. However it should also work without an external power supply, it just might not be sustainable

im a biologist not a physicist
im just saying id be more convinced

~TR

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You and I have a long history on ATS. Dereks doesn't. I've seen posters like him before that ALWAYS arrive on OU threads. If they don't raise your suspicion they should. No history, a few bizzare posts, very strong opinions on FE. Go figure!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomb_Raven

It may well be that a battery is required for the system to work sustainably. However it should also work without an external power supply, it just might not be sustainable

Batteries in this type of system are often used, as I recall, to add capacitance or an electrical sink effect to sort of get the mechanism over the high spot so to speak. Often anything other than a battery might not work. Batteries make it difficult to evaluate the OU in the system, however. And concerning the electromagnets, it might be worth a try to substitute them but I suspect it has already been tried?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Batteries in this type of system are often used, as I recall, to add capacitance or an electrical sink effect to sort of get the mechanism over the high spot so to speak. Often anything other than a battery might not work. Batteries make it difficult to evaluate the OU in the system, however. And concerning the electromagnets, it might be worth a try to substitute them but I suspect it has already been tried?

You sound like you are deeply into OU scams and how they work. How and why do you know so much, who is paying you and why? Simple question.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
looks like the employees of Steorn are here, trying to cover up their scam.

Too late for that, the jury has spoken - it does not do what is claimed!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
You know what, I can't really know if Steorn's technology works or not. All i can say is that if Steorn or anyone out there can develop an economic bus engine, get in contact with me and if your technology works you will make millions of dollars. Forget USA. Come to Brazil. We have the world´s biggest public bus transportation system. My family is one of the pioneers in public bus transportation of passangers. The main challenge is beineg cost effective and there has been no significant advances in making the diesel consumption more economical. Our companies average 11km per gallon. Besides payroll, diesel consumption is our biggest cost.

Point I am trying to make is that whoever comes up with a FREE ENERGY technology or ANY technology that is more cost effective than the present technologies being used today, dont have to prove anything to the scientific community. Just go to any business that could profit from it. Prove it works and your technology will enter the market and you will make millions. That´s it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

lol so just cos a guy reads up on the science behind the machine and tries to get how it works to make sure he isnt being scammed hes in their payroll? Well if youd rather dismiss it out of hand thats your own lookout i guess... i read the bible before i poopooed god and christians? Isnt it the same?

~TR

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomb_Raven

lol so just cos a guy reads up on the science behind the machine and tries to get how it works to make sure he isnt being scammed hes in their payroll? Well if youd rather dismiss it out of hand thats your own lookout i guess... i read the bible before i poopooed god and christians? Isnt it the same?

Guess you didn't notice how my post was almost word for word from one of your posts accusing dereks of being on the take for no reason?

Ever heard of the concept of irony?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

Hi henriquefd, have you or your family looked into the Keppe Motor?

www.keppemotor.com...

It was even invented by Brazilians!

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join