It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn Announces Public Demonstration of Orbo Technology

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

And why is it that you won't pay attention to the explanation for the battery? Is paradigm lock that strong in your mind? All you people that reject all this can't really argue the points so you have to keep using tactics of a) referring to the history of science, b) referring to the laws of science, c) insulting those who are suggesting you consider the new information, d) ignoring answers that are given to you, e) espousing old scientific information when you fully know that science is always advancing, etc.

Please, will ONE person who rejects this idea actually maintain a conversation about just one scientific concept of this? For example, if you bring up the battery, and then I give you the explanation for the battery, will you please respond to the points I made and not talk as if you didn't read it? That would be so very helpful and yet NOBODY here has done that. You have all given stupid arguments. Why is that? Is it because you can't think of a good response you resort to ad hominem responses?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
They're probably referring to this :- In 1999 Entropy Systems in the US managed to squeeze $3.5Million dollars of investment for a machine that apparently “violates the second law of thermodynamics.” No working prototype exists to this day !

First claims of perpetual machines date back to 1150, in 1755 the Royal Academy of Sciences issued a statement saying they “no longer accept or deal with proposals concerning perpetual motion.” NEWSFLASH this is 2009 !

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

The battery stuff has already been addressed or are you just selecting to ignore that ?

What part of a the concept that this is a battery powered device is getting 100% of its operating power from that battery don't you understand?

If the device is 'generating energy' then it doesn't need the battery (I'll allow the battery to give it an initial push) to continue operating because it is generating its own.

What part of "this is a time honored smoke and mirrors routine for free energy scams" don't you understand? Did you review the link I provided on how to run your own free energy scam? Did you read the excerpt I included that specifically described how to explain away the battery requirement?

Did you read the excerpt I included on how to focus on particularly vulnerable groups, like JFK and 911 conspiracy and alien visitor theorists? What part of that don't you understand? The part that reminds you that this site is, after all, ATS?

What part of "this guy is playing you for a sucker because you want to believe him so badly you will even overlook his ridiculous claim that his device that generates more energy than it uses needs a battery to continue operating"?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by ProRipp

The battery stuff has already been addressed or are you just selecting to ignore that ?

What part of a the concept that this is a battery powered device is getting 100% of its operating power from that battery don't you understand?

If the device is 'generating energy' then it doesn't need the battery (I'll allow the battery to give it an initial push) to continue operating because it is generating its own.

What part of "this is a time honored smoke and mirrors routine for free energy scams" don't you understand? Did you review the link I provided on how to run your own free energy scam? Did you read the excerpt I included that specifically described how to explain away the battery requirement?

Did you read the excerpt I included on how to focus on particularly vulnerable groups, like JFK and 911 conspiracy and alien visitor theorists? What part of that don't you understand? The part that reminds you that this site is, after all, ATS?

What part of "this guy is playing you for a sucker because you want to believe him so badly you will even overlook his ridiculous claim that his device that generates more energy than it uses needs a battery to continue operating"?

The battery thing is a real hang up for you is'nt it ? Do you have shares in Duracell ? The battery is part of the machine ! It produces more energy than it consumes ! downisreallyup explained it to you far more eloquently than i could ! Do all you naysayers have shares in the electricity providers or what ? I'm beginning to think this is the reason for your anguish ? What exactly are you frightened of ? Why don't you explain to us just WHY it wont work instead of just shouting HOAX SCAM et al ad infinitum ? Please show us YOUR thesis and EVIDENCE that it wont work !

Why don't you draw us a picture ! Don't use your crayons !

[edit on 083131p://12America/Chicago19 by ProRipp]

[edit on 083131p://12America/Chicago19 by ProRipp]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
It produces more energy than it consumes !

Then it does not need a battery at all! What part of that do you not understand? Why do they keep changingthe battery anyway?

downisreallyup explained it to you far more eloquently than i could !

No he has not, he makes no sense at all with his ramblings.

Why don't you explain to us just WHY it wont work

That has been done several times, but you refuse to see that.

Please show us YOUR thesis and EVIDENCE that it wont work !

How about you showing it does work? You are the one claiming it works, so show us!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

It produces more energy than it consumes !

Then it does not need a battery at all! What part of that do you not understand? Why do they keep changingthe battery anyway?

downisreallyup explained it to you far more eloquently than i could !

No he has not, he makes no sense at all with his ramblings.

Why don't you explain to us just WHY it wont work

That has been done several times, but you refuse to see that.

Please show us YOUR thesis and EVIDENCE that it wont work !

How about you showing it does work? You are the one claiming it works, so show us!

Now your just actin the goat are'nt you ? Your being argumentative for arguments sake go on admit it ! You have shares in Duracell don't you ? Anyone and everyone can see it working either online live feed or at the venue itself ! You are blinded by your own ignorance ! You have your fingers in your ears and are shouting 'NO NO NO NO' ! And i cannot remember you showing in theoretical form or otherwise on this thread that it doesn't work and until you do i think you should stay quiet ! Give us all your so called theory/evidence of why it wont/doesnt work ! Get your crayons out and draw us a picture with your explanation in plain as feck terms why it wont work ! Stop just saying it wont and PROVE it wont ? Do it we're all waiting !

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Anyone and everyone can see it working either online live feed or at the venue itself !

Except when they change the machines, or change the batteries - why are they doing that?

You have your fingers in your ears and are shouting 'NO NO NO NO' !

actually, you are the one doing that, refusing to accept it is just battery powered... as remember the jury said it did not produce energy...

Give us all your so called theory/evidence of why it wont/doesnt work !

how about reading this thread, you will see the reasons have been given already!

how about showing it is over unity as claimed!

and PROVE it wont ? Do it we're all waiting !

you claim it works, prove it is overunity - but you are unable to!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Even the President Mary McAlees has visited the project ! Do you think she would visit a snake-oil salesman ? No niether do I.

When did she do that? Why wasnt it seen on the live feed?

Come on, how about backing your claim up - Oh, she did not actually visit, so why claim she did?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Even the President Mary McAlees has visited the project ! Do you think she would visit a snake-oil salesman ? No niether do I.

When did she do that? Why wasnt it seen on the live feed?

Come on, how about backing your claim up - Oh, she did not actually visit, so why claim she did?

dereks, you really are showing yourself to be one who closes your eyes to what is right in front of you. The difference between you and me is that I can admit that it MIGHT be battery operated, but you won't admit that it might not be. I am using REASON and you are using blind prejudiced bias. I have a reasonable acceptance of the explanation for the battery, and you have stubborn denial and refusal to engage on the facts.

Like I said many times... watch the Bedini videos on youtube. The Steorn motor works on the same principle as the Begini motors, and John Bedini EXPLAINS fully why the battery is needed. Why does a light bulb NEED a filament? Well, that is JUST how it works. Bedini said that the battery doesn't have to be charged and it doesn't even have to be desulfated (internal sulfur removed). I provided a link upthread for an excellent article that fully explains the role that the battery plays.

Bedini shows the power going into the battery and the power coming out using a standard volt meter, showing how the battery is charged quickly as the motor runs with a huge fan on the end of it. He makes it very clear that the plates inside the battery are used to convert the "negative energy from the physical vacuum (THAT'S THE SPACE AROUND YOUR FACE)" into usable positive energy that is piped back into the closed circuit.

You also kept acting like you couldn't hear when I explained fully that Physics talks much about the physical vacuum that is SPACE ITSELF, and which is also here on earth, all around us. I gave you clear explanations about it and you did not respond or show any indicator that you heard what I explained. What do you need? Do you want some standard article from a university that explains to you what the physical vacuum is? I mentioned vacuum in my earlier posts and you misquoted me, implying that I had said the machine must operate in a vacuum, as in vacuum chamber. I never said that at all. I assumed that people here knew the difference between an artificial vacuum of air, and the natural, universal physical vacuum of space (which we are also in).

Anyhow, I think it is a lost cause trying to reason with you. A reasonable discussion is one where both parties bounce an idea back and forth, just like a ball in tennis. I keep serving you the ball, and instead of hitting it back, you swallow it, squeeze it out your posterior, and roll it back to my side of the court. (Yes, that WAS an analogy, so don't say "why is he talking about tennis...duh?) Why don't you actually TRY to play with reason?

[edit on 19-12-2009 by downisreallyup]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
I am using REASON and you are using blind prejudiced bias.

except you are not using reason at all, and you are the one showing bias here, you think as you have seen it on the internet it must be true. You still ignore that the jury stated it does not do what is claimed!

I have a reasonable acceptance of the explanation for the battery,

no, you state some words that are meaningless

Bedini shows the power going into the battery and the power coming out using a standard volt meter,

except once again you are showing your ignorance of electronics, a voltmeter does not measure power....

He makes it very clear that the plates inside the battery are used to convert the "negative energy from the physical vacuum (THAT'S THE SPACE AROUND YOUR FACE)" into usable positive energy that is piped back into the closed circuit.

that makes no sense at all, and once again you show your ignorance, there is no physical vacuum around my face. You do not even understand the basic terminology of physics!

You are just a typical blind believer, believing everything you see on the internet, as you have no common sense to sort out the garbage from the fact.

So which University has tested this device? Why ignore that simple question?

Why do they keep replacing the devices and batteries at the demonstration? Why ignore that question?

A reasonable discussion is one where both parties bounce an idea back and forth,

and both have some understanding of the terminology and subject , except in this case you have no knowledge of physics or the terminology used. You simply repeat some gobblygook you have seen on the internet, not understanding it and not realising it makes no sense!

[edit on 19/12/09 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

Are you kidding? Science is a bit more stringent when it comes to evidence. "But I saw it on a shaky internet stream, or in a box in front of me no one else was allowed to touch" does not count as evidence.

Steorn hasn't proven their device. No one has proven an "over unity" device, because the laws of physics say it absolutely, positively, is impossible. The only people who attempt to make these devices are those who have a dangerously small understanding of physics.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
bp1.blogger.com...

The total momentum in a closed or isolated system remains constant.

the first law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Look, this is obvious that you are clearly of the same ilk of men who shut down Tesla and his discoveries.

I know that volt meters (more accurately called multimeters) can measure volts (potential), ohms (resistance), amperes (current), and fareds (capacitance).

I know that watts (power) is volts x amps, which is quite basic. I know that the relationship between volts (E), amps (I), and ohms (R) is Ohm's Law: I = E / R.

I have known these basic principles since I was a kid working in my dad's television repair shop.

You trifle over casual use of terms, and yet you totally dismiss the genius of men like Tesla, who could run rings around both our brains without any effort. Tesla discovered Radiant Energy or Dialectric Energy. This is a fact, and it is also a fact that the main TPTB destroyed Tesla's brilliant work and suppressed his science all because of greed and a lust for power.

You are a product of that version of history, the history of the dark souls who have worked overtime to keep mankind in bondage. I scorn your type of thinking and see it as highly destructive to humanity. Had men like Tesla been allowed to flourish, humanity would be light-years ahead of where we are now. As it is, all we have is your silly brand of half-baked "science." Yours is the pseudo-science.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

No energy is being created here... that is just stupid and silly. Energy is coming from the vacuum... I'm referring to the vacuum as it is defined in Quantum Mechanics.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

And for all your going on and on about the vacuum, I just can't believe that you have actually studied any physics if you don't understand that Quantum Mechanics talks all about these things. Here is a portion from an excellent Wikipedia article on simple term "vacuum" :

More fundamentally, quantum mechanics predicts that vacuum energy will be different from its naive, classical value. The quantum correction to the energy is called the zero-point energy and consists of energies of virtual particles that have a brief existence. This is called vacuum fluctuation.

Vacuum fluctuations may also be related to the so-called cosmological constant in cosmology. The best evidence for vacuum fluctuations is the Casimir effect and the Lamb shift.[18] In quantum field theory and string theory, the term "vacuum" is used to represent the ground state in the Hilbert space, that is, the state with the lowest possible energy. In free (non-interacting) quantum field theories, this state is analogous to the ground state of a quantum harmonic oscillator.

If the theory is obtained by quantization of a classical theory, each stationary point of the energy in the configuration space gives rise to a single vacuum. String theory is believed to have a huge number of vacua - the so-called string theory landscape.

It is precisely this energy from the vacuum that is being scavenged by these mono-pole motor/generators. Why don't you address the issue of ZPE and how it is a very well accepted physics principle of QM? Come on, I dare you to actually address something by presenting some facts. All you ever do is say what others DON'T know. Why don't you provide some evidence that you actually know something? Go ahead, tell us why you dismiss Zero-Point Energy when it is not some pseudo-science, it is mainstream Quantum Mechanics.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I know that volt meters (more accurately called multimeters) can measure volts (potential), ohms (resistance), amperes (current), and fareds (capacitance).

Oh dear, again you are showing your ignorance. A voltmeter measures volts, hence it is called a voltmeter. A multimeter measures more than one of them.

and yet you totally dismiss the genius of men like Tesla,

again, you have to make things up - where have I mentioned Tesla? What has he have to do with this?

and it is also a fact that the main TPTB destroyed Tesla's brilliant work and suppressed his science all because of greed and a lust for power.

no, that is only a claim, not a fact. You seem to have trouble seperating the 2

As it is, all we have is your silly brand of half-baked "science." Yours is the pseudo-science.

wrong again, you are the one spouting the pseudo science, if this device was real science where are the results published in a peer reviewed Journal?

If it was real science why did the jury of real scientists and engineers state

"Twenty-two independent scientists and engineers were selected by Steorn to form this jury. It has for the past two years examined evidence presented by the company. The unanimous verdict of the Jury is that Steorn's attempts to demonstrate the claim have not shown the production of energy. The jury is therefore ceasing work."

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

It is precisely this energy from the vacuum that is being scavenged by these mono-pole motor/generators. Why don't you address the issue of ZPE and how it is a very well accepted physics principle of QM? Come on, I dare you to actually address something by presenting some facts. All you ever do is say what others DON'T know. Why don't you provide some evidence that you actually know something? Go ahead, tell us why you dismiss Zero-Point Energy when it is not some pseudo-science, it is mainstream Quantum Mechanics.

you quoted wikipedia, so look at en.wikipedia.org...
"Proposed free energy devices

As a scientific concept, the existence of zero point energy is not controversial although the ability to harness it is. In particular, perpetual motion machines and other power generating devices supposedly based on zero point energy are highly controversial. No device claimed to operate using zero point energy has been demonstrated to operate as claimed. No plausible description of a device drawing useful power from a source of zero point energy has been given. Thus, current claims to zero point energy-based power generation systems currently have the status of pseudoscience or constitute outright fraud.[8]

The discovery of zero point energy did not alter the implausibility of perpetual motion machines. Much attention has been given to reputable science suggesting that zero point energy is infinite, but zero point energy is a minimum energy below which a thermodynamic system can never go, thus none of this energy can be withdrawn without altering the system to a different form in which the system has a lower zero point energy. The calculation that underlies the Casimir experiment, a calculation based on the formula predicting infinite vacuum energy, shows the zero point energy of a system consisting of a vacuum between two plates will decrease at a finite rate as the two plates are drawn together. The vacuum energies are predicted to be infinite, but the changes are predicted to be finite. Casimir combined the projected rate of change in zero point energy with the principle of conservation of energy to predict a force on the plates. The predicted force, which is very small and was experimentally measured to be within 5% of its predicted value, is finite.[9]Even though the zero point energy might be infinite, there is no theoretical basis or practical evidence to suggest that infinite amounts of zero point energy are available for use, that zero point energy can be withdrawn for free, or that zero point energy can be used in violation of conservation of energy.[10

oops, there goes yiour claims!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

I was being pedantic not with you but to whoever questioned me on laws of physics !

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

you quoted wikipedia, so look at en.wikipedia.org...
"Proposed free energy devices

As a scientific concept, the existence of zero point energy is not controversial although the ability to harness it is. In particular, perpetual motion machines and other power generating devices supposedly based on zero point energy are highly controversial. No device claimed to operate using zero point energy has been demonstrated to operate as claimed. No plausible description of a device drawing useful power from a source of zero point energy has been given. Thus, current claims to zero point energy-based power generation systems currently have the status of pseudoscience or constitute outright fraud.[8]

The discovery of zero point energy did not alter the implausibility of perpetual motion machines. Much attention has been given to reputable science suggesting that zero point energy is infinite, but zero point energy is a minimum energy below which a thermodynamic system can never go, thus none of this energy can be withdrawn without altering the system to a different form in which the system has a lower zero point energy. The calculation that underlies the Casimir experiment, a calculation based on the formula predicting infinite vacuum energy, shows the zero point energy of a system consisting of a vacuum between two plates will decrease at a finite rate as the two plates are drawn together. The vacuum energies are predicted to be infinite, but the changes are predicted to be finite. Casimir combined the projected rate of change in zero point energy with the principle of conservation of energy to predict a force on the plates. The predicted force, which is very small and was experimentally measured to be within 5% of its predicted value, is finite.[9]Even though the zero point energy might be infinite, there is no theoretical basis or practical evidence to suggest that infinite amounts of zero point energy are available for use, that zero point energy can be withdrawn for free, or that zero point energy can be used in violation of conservation of energy.[10

oops, there goes yiour claims!

See, you can't just address facts with facts. You cite some other article which doesn't really address the issue. You asked what Tesla has to do with all this, and that only shows your extremely linear brain. Let me spell it out for you as I would a child:

TESLA discovered ZPE, what he called Dialectric Energy. This is the VERY energy that is being tapped in these motors. Tesla found that this energy is ENORMOUS and infinite if tapped the right way. Tesla has EVERYTHING to do with it!

And John Bedini has built numerous machines that tap the energy. This is the same energy that created the 'blue spike' around Tesla's power stations, the one that would appear just as the power switch was turned on. It was extremely powerful and deadly, and while everyone tried to get rid of it, Tesla recognized it as a different form of energy and he proceeded to study it.

Have you ever studied Tesla? I highly doubt it. Well, he was MUCH smarter than ANY of the so-called scientists that write so-called "peer review" articles. MUCH SMARTER!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

And as far as me calling a multimeter a volt meter, that was just a casual use of the term. My dad called it a volt meter because when he first started in his business (over 40 years ago - he's dead now) that is what they called them. Then later they added more functions, but people still called them volt meters. For you to pick on that, or to call me ignorant because I made a casual term usage, only shows the type of heart you have. I'm not going to call you a name, but I can tell you that your behavior in this way does look an awful lot like the south end of a north-bound horse!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join