It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buju Banton- an Idiot or Victim of Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
So reggae icon Buju Banton is in deep trouble with federal authorities in Florida. 5 kilos of coc aine isn't a little amount. It seems to have been a blatant sting operation/setup with Banton's implicit role. As a reggae fan I noticed this earlier in the day and said to myself, "huh, crazy." But it popped into my head later like, "CRAZY!." There's a lot in this story and of quite serious conspiracy potential:

-The current facts are rather scant, as an almost anecdotal tidbit has been spreading across the internet when in fact-
-He's been under arrest since last Thursday! And it's news just now? What?
- The Feds seem involved in it since the get-go.
-5 kilos of coc aine, again, is serious trouble, even for a celebrity, What was he thinking? If you were gonna buy 11 lbs of coc aine wouldn't you take some precautions so as to minimize unwanted problems?

The next day, Thomas called the confidential source, trying to purchase 15 kilos of coc aine. They met at an Applebee's restaurant in Sarasota, where Thomas told the source his organization wanted to buy five kilos, the complaint says.

You float between 5 and 15 kilos and do this size of deal at an AppleBee's?!? I find that insanely suspect. Who is in this "organization?"

There is another very important element here- Banton's alleged variant of Rastafarianism. Most Rasta's I'm familiar with would condemn the use of coc aine including Buju. I know nobody's perfect but he's used his "religion" to attack gays and smoke ganja. What a hypocrite.

He also has been at odds with other dance-hall reggae groups from Jamaica. I know of Vybz Kartel having a big beef with Banton and as a friend of Jay-Z and the Illuminati of the record industry.

So given what little information there is, I can come up with these scenarios
1. Buju Banton is a complete and total idiot and a user of coc aine making him a hypocrite Rastafarian.
2. He was setup beyond what we are being told and that it was a calculated and malicious attempt to bring him down. This would cause speculation as to what enemy would be able to and want to this. A smaller fish who was pinched and could bring a larger one?
The government? The GLBT movement? Opposing acts in the reggae music industry?

"according to the law-enforcement agent who identified himself as Officer Gonzalez." --an undercover cop, narc, green beret, what?

I'd like to hear Buju's word on this and more about the "confidential source." The whole thing reeks.

www2.tbo.com...
www.google.com...
www.jamaica-gleaner.com...

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It's looking more like he's just an idiot:
www.jamaica-gleaner.com...

If I know one thing about Jamaicans, they don't like informers.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It's a sad story of a musician trying to offset dwindling record sales, and leaching record companies. Like Michael Vick, Banton is a victim of "hook a homeboy up" peer preasure and basically tryin to come up the fast way.

I feel he was set up from day one and stupid enough to put himself in the mix where the US DEA often uses surplus drugs to steal the traded cash.

A perfect senerio for crooked cops, and irronically like the movie they refered to - most likey New Jack City. I bet if you tracked the seized money, you'd find a fair amount in a Toys R Us cash register.

Sometimes you can't do business sky high on Ganja... Banton went out like a "Nino Clown."

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Level X]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This is the first that I have herd this report , sad indeed . I have always liked his music and thought him to be very talented .

I to am stunned as well and can't for the life of me understand what would make him do this ? Could extortion be playing a role here ? Does he have a family and is there any word on there current status i.e. safe and sound ?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

They're saying the evidence is more than enough for a damning case. It seems too easy all of it. Even the money was suspicious- they said in one article "about $125,000" That's how much I'd have guessed but that's a good number to get specific.

He's so red-handed maybe he was psy-op brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Then this isn't good
Sounds like he will be getting himself locked up for a very long time

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

"Up to 20 years" but I wonder how the citizenship would work.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
boom boom bye.

He got in trouble forthat, and now karma has reared its ugly head to see to it that alot of the "batty boys" he hates so much, will get to question him on his homophobic lyrics.

He may have some talent as a musician, but that doesn't make him exempt from the law, smuggling 5kilo of coc aine is a very naughty thing to do. He's going DOWN.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Lets just hope while in jail no one sings his song to him , Hush baby Hush . ( assuming you know what the song is about
)

Back on topic , having trouble still as I try to understand this as he is such a talent and would have no problem ever making a record either solo or as a guest on another's record .

He is a huge Reggie talent , even that is an understatement .

Don't know what else to say except that I will be very interested to see how this all unfolds .

new topics

top topics

join