It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY Astronomer Captures Solar Eruptions From His Backyard

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Absolutely Amazing, reminds me of the astronaut farmer, if alverez can do it, anyone can.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thank You for posting those. They are beautiful. The best I have ever seen. I would buy those they are very professional and amazing. I can not say I have ever even seen anything like it before.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow this guys moon pictures are about as good and detailed as NASA's probes flying only miles above the moon.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Op, those are awesome like everyone is saying.
I'm wondering what you meant about "taking the law into your own hands"
You can't get into trouble for building it right? I would have no clue how to; but I see others are interested in doing it.
And what does it mean "next to his hacked telescope and camera equipment"?
He hacked the plans for the telescope?
I'm not tech savvy , so maybe I missed a joke or something.
What's illegal about it?
Amazing pix though.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sure the pictures look great... and if the so called "Average Joe" can afford a few grand for a telescope, then sure, I guess he could take pictures like that too.

Coronado Telescopes

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Thanks for posting OP.

What's really amazing though is the videos on his site. I've never in my life seen the sun surface movement so fluid. It's quite an experience.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is both funny and a reality check at the same time!

On one hand, you have to look at SOHO or some program to get anything like this.

It is a slap in the face really! I mean, anyone who has ever heard of that person Lear. A little crazy, yes, but, a little on key with advanced technology you bet! How much life on how many planets – wow! You are crazy!

Are you serious - they show a few people in a craft floating around still doing tests on anti-gravity plant/bacteria growth? Prepackaged crap food and worrying about debris as small as a grain of rice hitting the side at 30,000+ mph - please!

What a joke

This is nothing but a dumb down program telling you - this is the best we can do!

School – Fluoride – Lead, yes it is for a reason. “Do not think for yourself or think to much”

In some ways it is - but only in the outer more advanced and closer areas of near space. Get rid of nuclear, space weapons, HAARP, and the recently tested LHC - and we might have a chance. The LHC has shut down so many times, why - for what reasons? Really?

Until then - there is a detour at the edge of our "solar system" that says: Avoid the blue planet at all costs. This is not to mention the collateral damage, which is really ignored due to the fact that the beings in these craft are nothing more than mechanical biological entities built on a different living technology. Living, no - not really. They still need a protein bath every six months. One cow will provide that for about 500 of these entities, but it must be replenished. Think of a – well – sourdough base - They absorb this protein to keep their outer biological parts running. Cattle mutilations, hmmmm.

It is the technology - free energy (a miniature created Sun within a containment system with never ending and replenishing energy) this we should not have. They are worried because of the "Earth Defense" application.

Has anyone seen the NASA video where you see an “outer earth” vehicle change direction and a shot in the dark or defense based missile shot is fired and the craft predicts this – evades - you know of what I say. That is the problem!

There is so much going on you can’t see – none of us and “they” like it that way.

They have been here since Sumerian times and we all have this in our minds - 99% forget the past - others wake, a little. Waking up, is more than you know

Trust me - "Wake Up"

Forget hate - racial divide - trivial human waste

The time is at hand

We will all need each other more than anything expressed here. We all have no idea what is coming

I only say that because this guy can capture perfect solar images, wave data, eruptions, discharge and even the SOHO blue screen without being in space!

What is the Space Shuttle - a dumb the public down - (It's the best we can do) senario?

What would you think if you KNEW - we could teleport to Mars right now. What would you think if you knew Mars had an atmosphere you could breath (almost) underground? That there was once life on Mars and a planet collision changed life there, but they knew what was coming and prepared. Some man - I won't say the name - said that life is on almost every planet in our pffffft - Solar System. That is such a weird thing to say - not sure why!

Oh what is this they found, Miy Way Galaxy black hole much closer than thought.

Oh, new infrared satallite to go into space and keep a watchful eye - of what - a brown dwarf - oh, ignore that - lol

Nephelim - what is that?

Um, can you feel it? Trouble sleeping? Are you waking up/half asleep - no matter what? Something is going to make sure of that! It is World wide - not the web. Kids asking more questions? Worried about vaccinations, water supply, frequencies bombarding you, concernes about 2012 (Galactic alignment - to galactic center)

Don't be, answers will come - I will give a date! Anyone here - who has followed my posts know I am the real deal. The date: May 27th will be a new beginning leading up to the "true awakening"

Wait - anything you have planned for that future date - keep packing up and preparing. This is no joke!

MAY 27th - a major sign! you cannot ignore.

Everything I have said - is the truth. Like it or not

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Awesome...Amazing~

LOVE

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

What the heck are you ranting on about and what does it have to do with the OP??? TRY to keep it on topic, would ya?

Amazing pics, and I've seen losts of them and these are some of he best solar photos I've seen. My fav. is the first one.

Wish I could afford a Coronado solarscope...
If you look(google it) online you can get plans for a Heliospectroscope...that'd be another cool solar project to do, though a bit more complictated than a solarscope

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Very Nice photos of the Sun Alaskan Man. It seems just by looking at them that a person is right there next to the Sun instead of millions of miles away. Thanks for sharing all of this wonderful information about these wonderful home made telescopes.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Now that was way cool!! thanks for bringing this to us!! S&F

I hope the guy attaches a video camera as well and gets some equally amazing videos too.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Awesome, as already been said.

I am a photographer and have a new 12" dobsonian telescope on the way. I will be able to take pix of galaxies with it and cant wait! Currently im only getting images of the moon the best, but i never considered the sun!

Now I have a new use for my soon to be old 127mm telescope, I shall make the adjustments as I must have images like this!!

Thanks for sharing OP you made my day

themuse

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Amazing Photos! Something tells me that it isnt as easy as it sounds though...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
Sure the pictures look great... and if the so called "Average Joe" can afford a few grand for a telescope, then sure, I guess he could take pictures like that too.

Coronado Telescopes

Here we go.........

What you are failing to comprehend is how NASA shows us these same images using a hell of alot more resources than the average Joe. If the average joe can get these kind of pictures/photos from a £2000 camera. What are Never A Straight Answer doing with all their trillions?

Smell a rat anyone ?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Absolutely beautiful.

I actually got mesmerized looking at the swirls and patterns

Thanks!

[edit on 16-12-2009 by astronomine]

[edit on 16-12-2009 by astronomine]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Wow the pictures are so cool, Better than most professional observatory's!

yes.. now it makes me wounder even more about the black and whites NASA produces of the moon, ect..

Sorry NASA.. you've been 1 up'd
)

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If all this is really that easy i am forced to believe that our ancient civilizations could have seen this well or close to this well. Would you not agree?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
These photos are amazing! Makes me want construct my own setup and see what i can capture myself :O)

Great job!

jra

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lee_K
Ok so if this guy makes this out of plywood and cardboard for next to nothing... Someone could make this out of plastic or metal for the same price plus the cost of the metal or plastic...

Sooooo!... How come it cost NASA millions to take the same kinda photo's

Only the filters and a few other things are the part made from cardboard and wood. You still need to get thousands of dollars worth of camera and telescope equipment.

It costs NASA more because they use parts and equipment that need to be able to handle the extreme conditions in space, plus the launch costs. That kind of ups the price tag a little...

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Wow this guys moon pictures are about as good and detailed as NASA's probes flying only miles above the moon.

His photos are great, but they're not even remotely close to the same resolution as the images taken by Lunar orbiting probes.

Originally posted by franspeakfree
If the average joe can get these kind of pictures/photos from a £2000 camera. What are Never A Straight Answer doing with all their trillions?

NASA doesn't get trillions. Never has and probably never will.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by jra]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee_K

Hubbles in Space, as an example, and is taking photos of distant galaxies.
And, instead of just taking photos, probes go out into space, taking soil samples and returning data to a base on Earth a great distance away.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join