It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia considering Nukes....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by somthing

I imagine they could have nukes installed by the US. Other countries have had these.

Nobody has nukes given to them by the US.
The US as part of it's NATO policy's and Cold War era policy's regarding the Warsaw Pact and Soviet Union, placed nuclear weapons(deliverable by aircraft by the way), in NATO countries.

Germany, Italy, Greece, Turkey for example. Some of these don't host US nukes anymore, others still do.

The nukes were to be used once authorised by the US if war broke out with the Warsaw Pact and it went nuclear.

Now, if you are insinuating Australia is hosting US nukes, well, I ask for proof.

IF Australia is, well then it's a mighty big secret and one that has been kept well. And if we are playing host to US nukes, then I wouldn't believe it if any of you posted about it because that's not the sort of thing people who know about, go around posting on the Internet about.

So enough already. This thread should be closed because it is rather pointless and meaningless.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I say good 4 u Ozzies !!!
if u want them
u can have some of ours

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

From the Field Manual:
The purpose of the XXXXXXXX is to provide general support XXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXX for the XXXXX XXXXXXXX by providing both nuclear and non-nuclear firing.

At least one tactical nuclear delivery system is currently in service with the ADF and is not due for retirement anytime soon. Thats a fact.

[edit on 16/4/2010 by amonza]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

That is what I meant, just could not come up with the word at the time.

Why are you so mad about this? You know what kind of site this is, right? You also know you are not a mod? I don't mean to attack you, but who cares what people are discussing? If you don't like it, leave the thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

reply to post by BLV12

That is what I meant, just could not come up with the word at the time.

Why are you so mad about this? You know what kind of site this is, right? You also know you are not a mod? I don't mean to attack you, but who cares what people are discussing? If you don't like it, leave the thread.

I'm mad because some people are purposefully posting crap and nonsense.
Time and again I and others have asked for the most simplest of things..proof.
If you have no proof, then don't post.
I'm interested in this thread, the topic, because I live in Australia.
I'd rather discuss thing's with people who are serious and aren't making thing's up for the hell of it, like some people in this thread.

Originally posted by amonza
reply to post by BLV12

From the Field Manual:
The purpose of the XXXXXXXX is to provide general support XXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXX for the XXXXX XXXXXXXX by providing both nuclear and non-nuclear firing.

At least one tactical nuclear delivery system is currently in service with the ADF and is not due for retirement anytime soon. Thats a fact.

Really? And what's this supposed to be? Part of something your not supposed to tell us?

And what is this nuclear delivery system that isn't due for retirement any time soon? Go on..tell us..it would not surprise me if you claim that either 1) it is not public knowledge or 2) is not even in service in the ADF..

Even if whatever your on about exists...I like how people imply that because it's capable of delivering nuclear weapons, that country must be nuclear armed.

The A7 fighter was capable of delivering tactical nukes...were all the countries that operated it hiding nukes under their beds too?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Fair enough, but something like this will be very hard to prove. I don't think the government of Australia would like to admit it, if it were true.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Crykie! I just had to say that

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Australia DOES have nukes.

It is ultra-mega-super-duper top secret though so as not to spark off an arms race in the region.

If it became public knowledge that we did have nukes, New Zealand would have to get their own as well.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by whateverpedia]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crowned_Conquering
I wish i had a Nuke....that would be awesome

LOL - That's funny.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My belief is that since obama is cutting back the nukes in the U.S.

Australia knows they can not fully depend on the U.S. for help during a

world war. Prime Minister, John Howard and president obama have

different views when it comes to the Muslim nations.

Australia knows they will catch some flack over developing nuclear

weapons but who is to stop them? No One, just like no one stopped

North Korea and Iran from developing nuclear weapons. ^Y^

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I am from Canada and am over 40 yrs old,I was told most of my life that Canada wasnt a nuclear armed country ,then I saw photos of missiles on Canadian soil manned and owned by Americans.Bearing crossed Canadian and American flags as an insignia.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The key to Australian security is not in attempting to create their own nuclear deterrent.

Both the U.S. and U.K. have ballistic missile subs that can launch numerous nuclear warheads from a single vessel. One nuclear sub from either nation stationed a thousand miles from that continent is more than enough deterrent to any Asian agression toward Australia.

In planning any military campaign, the first mission is to establish a viable military objective. Exactly who would create a military objective to defeat and capture Australia?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Apparently Australia already has nukes.

Originally posted by Tayesin

Quoted by Tara Lou Why get nukes, Aus? You would get nuked first anyway, so there is no point.

Too late, Australia has been a First Strike target of Russia since the early 70's because of the U.S. bases here on our soil. Facts from "Can Australia survive WWIII" from the late 70's or early '80's.

More importantly.......

To share this story I am going against not only the standard official secrets act that all members of the armed forces in Oz have to sign before leaving the services, but also the 2nd and more important one that covers what I saw on bivouac at Woodside ( I think it was called) army base during our basic training for the air force in 1978.

I was 18 and leading a small night march of 6 recruits using a compass and designated points to be "destroyed" on the base while their security forces were doing their rounds, knowing that we were in the area. If caught we were to be detained as prisoners of war. So the training was conducted much like a mini war game.

For some reason I never understood, the last leg of our march should have taken us back to where we were camped for the night, but it didn't. Instead we found ourselves creeping around earthworks with large concrete pads that had massive holes in the top. I was the only one who wanted to look inside the holes, and what I saw was nothing short of a missile silo. It was over 100 feet deep, there were walkways at various levels, etc.

I panicked, thinking I knew what I was looking at, so when we finally did make it back to camp I informed my Sargeant immediately about what I saw. He led me well away from the camp before telling me he will report this and that I am not to say a thing to anyone else until I am questioned about it.

It wasn't long after we arrived back at Edinbirgh AFB that I was picked up by the Provo (sp) Martial and questioned, so I made a point of playing dumb and not understanding what I saw that night. Which went in my favour, but I was going to be discharged anyway.

Two nights later I went for my meditation lessons with a Zen master who also worked at the Weapons Research Establishment as a physicist. I told him what I saw and he said, "I can't tell you a thing. But I will say, do not believe we are not capable already." End of discussion.

So when I was discharged I had to sign the 2nd secretive act, and it is something no other military person I've spoken with, except one, who thinks it possible that there was a 2nd secret act hardcopy to sign!! And that other person who knew about the 2nd form was a 20 year veteran of our own elite forces who I interviewed in the 1990's.

What I am saying is this; we already have some nuclear capability now, and for the past 30 years or so. Maybe this is more about acceptance by the public of something being put forward as necessary now given our new role as the Pacific Police in unison with U.S. support.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Tayesin]

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Tayesin]

To the poster re Aussie nukes your comment was HUGE and deserved an untrimmed quote in case anybody else missed it..

[edit on 18-4-2010 by seataka]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
My belief is that since obama is cutting back the nukes in the U.S.

Australia knows they can not fully depend on the U.S. for help during a

world war. Prime Minister, John Howard and president obama have

different views when it comes to the Muslim nations.

Australia knows they will catch some flack over developing nuclear

weapons but who is to stop them? No One, just like no one stopped

North Korea and Iran from developing nuclear weapons. ^Y^

Prime Minister John Howard ???

*howls with laughter*

You're kidding right ? You do realise we had an election in late 2007 and Howard/the Liberals were voted out of power, don't you ?

To add insult to injury Howard even lost his own seat in Parliament, denying him the possibility of being leader of the opposition again...

The ignorance in this place increases exponentially on a daily basis...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

What was the objective behind the Japanese push to attack Australia?
en.wikipedia.org...

Same holds for today. Maybe not an invasion but capturing vital bases on the Northern , North-Western and North-Eastern shores would give considerable strategic advantage to the Indian Ocean Region, South East Asian Region and the South Pacific Region.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Like the bloke mentioned above...Australia has had a secret nuclear capability at least from the mid to late 60's....until the Australian Government "officially" disbanded the nuclear weapons program back then,

Bull#. Care to show the government announcement when they disbanded their nuclear programme? You do not know anything about nuclear weapons - when and were where the so called Australian rockets tested? When and where the bombs made, where were they tested?

I would second that. As far as I am aware, South Africa is the only country in the world to have had a Nuclear Weapons programme and subsequently given it up. Everyone else has either continued or never had one to begin with.

Also, Australia isn't quite the "weak target" it might be painted as. Everyone knows that the UK, The Commonwealth and the USA would back them up if they were ever threatened. In fact, the US involvement in the Pacific in WW2, specifically Guadalcanal, were operations to prevent the Japanese invasion of Australia. There is no reason to believe Oz would be left out to dry in the future.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by BLV12

Fair enough, but something like this will be very hard to prove. I don't think the government of Australia would like to admit it, if it were true.

Well then if they can't provide proof, then why are they posting?
Why are they sitting here arguing with those of us who are asking for even the smallest shred of evidence(other then heresay and "he told" and "i cant say anything more because its secret and I'm bound by oath") ???

This is what is angering me.
Not that people are sharing their theories and beliefs, but that some people are posting misinformation and lies and claiming that it is true/that they are telling the truth, when confronted.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by seataka

That's one the most ridiculous posts in this thread.
Sorry, but it truly is. Not your's, but the one you quoted with such honour.

He basically has made up a story using readily available facts, and then added some nonsense about missile silos not even an hour and a half out of suburban Adelaide.

If this site was about fictional stories, then this thread would win an award.

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Like the bloke mentioned above...Australia has had a secret nuclear capability at least from the mid to late 60's....until the Australian Government "officially" disbanded the nuclear weapons program back then,

Bull#. Care to show the government announcement when they disbanded their nuclear programme? You do not know anything about nuclear weapons - when and were where the so called Australian rockets tested? When and where the bombs made, where were they tested?

I would second that. As far as I am aware, South Africa is the only country in the world to have had a Nuclear Weapons programme and subsequently given it up. Everyone else has either continued or never had one to begin with.

Also, Australia isn't quite the "weak target" it might be painted as. Everyone knows that the UK, The Commonwealth and the USA would back them up if they were ever threatened. In fact, the US involvement in the Pacific in WW2, specifically Guadalcanal, were operations to prevent the Japanese invasion of Australia. There is no reason to believe Oz would be left out to dry in the future.

Good luck to any Asian country trying to capture Australian territory. Especially in the northwest. The population out there? Next to nothing.
The reason? Some of the most inhospitable, savage land you can find anywhere on the planet.

There's a reason why the majority of Australia's population is concentrated on the south east and east coast, and the south west tip(Perth).

The common perception is because those areas are on the coast. Well, there's a coast up north west too. Why isn't there a major city of 1 million plus there?
Because it's a freaking desert that gets hit by cyclones from time to time. A city would not thrive.

So good luck to an occupation force. We could entrench our forces in along the east and south east, keeping at bay the enemy, and watching as they die in the desert. There's literally thousands of kilometers to be crossed before they reach the major population centers.

Australia doesn't need a nuclear deterrent. One, because it is under the American nuclear umbrella. Two, because of the above. Three, because if Australia needed to, it has the capability in the form of civilian facilities(as do most western first world countries) to quickly produce chemical and biological weapons. We wouldn't have to worry about dropping bio weapons in the desert, because its barren inhospitable land that we don't live on.

Oh and finally, there's a thing called the Australian Defence Force, which just so happens to be one of the best trained and most technologically advanced forces in the world, despite it's small size. Yes yes, the so called "ex military" posers in here will try tell us now about it's short comings, but what they will post is nothing that hasn't been posted on militaryphotos.net by REAL service people.

And a more important question that nobody seems to have asked yet....why would anyone attack us? We sell our natural resources to everyone and anyone in the region.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12

Oh and finally, there's a thing called the Australian Defence Force, which just so happens to be one of the best trained and most technologically advanced forces in the world, despite it's small size.

But what are they gonna do if Oz gets nuked/attacked?

They won't be able to respond in kind. And they will be wishing people like you did not deny them a nuclear deterrent ... you know, to Deter attacks.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by BLV12

Oh and finally, there's a thing called the Australian Defence Force, which just so happens to be one of the best trained and most technologically advanced forces in the world, despite it's small size.

But what are they gonna do if Oz gets nuked/attacked?

They won't be able to respond in kind. And they will be wishing people like you did not deny them a nuclear deterrent ... you know, to Deter attacks.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Exuberant1]

If Australia gets nuked, whoever it was, will be nuked by our allies the USA and UK. You can rest assured, because for Australia to be nuked, there will already be a world war raging.

And if we are attacked, what makes you think the ADF can't respond?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join