It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia considering Nukes....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
To claim you know there isn't a facility

So what is the exact purpose of this "facility" then?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

To claim you know there isn't a facility

So what is the exact purpose of this "facility" then?

To make babies milk.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Sorry I missed that post somehow, I want to add the validity of your account by saying I talked recently with an Oil Executive who now lives in this country who had CIA clearances that he was flown over this silo 30 years ago and shown the facility from the air. He said they appeared to be Minute Men but he could not confirm that with any assurance.

This is what I typed and I am going on real conversations I had with a person who seems genuine, I am not going to be goaded into making claims I know the name and exact location of the said facility because I don't know.

Well then stop wasting our time with nonsense and fictitious rumors.

If your not going to offer anything to this thread, other then "Oh, someone told me there's an underground missile factory on the north west cape, but I don't know the name or location", then please, just stop posting.

What we do know, is that Australia has no nuclear weapons, it has no above or underground ICBM manufacturing facilities, nor does it have the intent to acquire any of the above.

Did Australia participate in nuclear weapons development, yes along side the British in the outback. Did Australia once consider obtaining it's own nuclear weapon arsenal? Yes it did, and those plans were scrapped and nothing came of it.

THAT is what is known, those are the FACTS.
Everything else is just crap and more crap.

Now, whether Australia has been home to foreign nuclear weapons(ie being stored here), such as American nukes, or whether Australia secretly developed nukes and built up an arsenal, WE DO NOT KNOW.

I repeat, WE DO NOT KNOW.

Therefore, any talk of such things, be it allied nukes being stored here, or missile factories or secret arsenals, is complete and pure speculation based on absolutely no factual information.

Simply saying "someone told me", is not fact. It is not proof.

If I say someone told me he is from Pluto, does that mean I'm telling the truth? Or if someone did in fact tell me that, that they are telling the truth?

I bet though half of ATS would believe it and give me hundreds of questions to ask the person.

DENY IGNORANCE. Ask for the facts. Not what someone heard.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There are a number of reasons why Oz will not nuclear.

1. Too expensive especially in the current world climate.
2. The only persived threat that is mentioned is from an Asian country, by which I take it you mean to be China. Oz and China has a profitable alliance at the moment which benifits both goverments.
3. Massive public opinion against it in Oz.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
www.nautilus.org...

Don't pass off the fact we have done extensive studies into obtaining them, Australia can keep secrets well unlike other countries eg: Vanunu.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Australia can keep secrets well unlike other countries eg: Vanunu.

You do realise it is more than likely that Mordechai Vanunu was a plant, whose purpose was to let the world know that Israel had nuclear weapons, without Israel having to tell anyone themselves....

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Australia can keep secrets well unlike other countries eg: Vanunu.

You do realise it is more than likely that Mordechai Vanunu was a plant, whose purpose was to let the world know that Israel had nuclear weapons, without Israel having to tell anyone themselves....

No because you don't spend 18 years in jail for being an insider, he was an example to anyone wanting to expose Israel's crimes to the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

No because you don't spend 18 years in jail for being an insider,

what makes you think he spent 18 years in jail....

he was an example to anyone wanting to expose Israel's crimes to the world.

exactly what crimes are you on about? Israel committed no crimes in making nukes

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

No because you don't spend 18 years in jail for being an insider,

what makes you think he spent 18 years in jail....

he was an example to anyone wanting to expose Israel's crimes to the world.

exactly what crimes are you on about? Israel committed no crimes in making nukes

en.wikipedia.org...
www.vanunu.org...

Give it up Derek your only looking to troll.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Actually the perceived threat in the short to mid term would be Indonesia. In the long term it would be China as they look to stamp their authority and regional dominance against the US and its allies in the region.

As for trolling behaviour, that would be the likes of you and others, maz, and your unfounded, unsubstantiated claims of Australian nuclear arsenals, foreign nukes in the country, underground missile and nuke factories, and God knows what other bs has been posted.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
question . . .

when was the last time a nuclear weapon was detonated?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Have you never heard of trade agreements or allies?

Btw - Not even America makes all of it's weapons, it still imports select materials and hardware...

wat the..

a good example of stupidity and assumption if i ever saw one.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Any chance you can recollect the depth of the silo tubes you happened to peak into and the diameter of the missiles therein?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12
As for trolling behaviour, that would be the likes of you and others, maz, and your unfounded, unsubstantiated claims of Australian nuclear arsenals, foreign nukes in the country, underground missile and nuke factories, and God knows what other bs has been posted.

You have serious comprehension issues my friend, I stated up front it was a conversation I had...how do you substantiate one of those hey ?. What is it with some skeptics on ATS now ? if they don't have pictures, url's or signed Stat Dec's they flame and deride. You have nothing to add to this conversation so go away until you do.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

So pretty much your telling us that your idea of a contribution to a thread is second/third/fourth/whatever hand information, hearsay, gossip, rumors?

Ok then..since there is no need to actually back up what you post, and you expect people to believe you, believe the following...

I had a conversation with a guy that says he used to protect the reptilian president on his vacations to Earth, he also used to have a alpha +++ level 99 clearance, a clearance for everything basically(he could use any toilet he chose, one of the perks).
He was sent undercover once to Australia to an underground facility where he was tasked with uncovering who was behind the great Vegemite heist of 1989. All the Vegemite on the base, all 35 jars, were stolen and never seen again.
Some suspected it was the greys helping Australia with their super ultra top secret nuclear weapons program, but others say it was just the security guards on site who put a bet on who could eat the most Vegemite.

I can't tell you his name, or the location of the base where the grays used to help Australia with their super ultra top secret nuclear weapons program.

But I fully expect you to believe me.

Anyway..

You seem fixated on claiming Australia has nuclear weapons.
Prove it.

I don't care what you claim some guy told you. Sure, it's interesting, as far as fictional stories go.
But really, you've provided nothing substantial to back up any claims you've made except...."some guy told me"...

If we had nuclear weapons, we would also have a delivery system, ie ICBM/MRBM etc. In other words, long range missiles.

Where are they?

If we had missiles of our own, the technology and know how to make them, why do we continually buy American missiles for our jets and ships?
We would build our own, and right it off as 'expertise gained' from the tests with the British decades ago as a cover.

So, until you have evidence to back up your claims, then I think it is you who should stop posting in this thread and "go away".

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Just so you know, I didn't even bother reading your rant...I know it will add nothing to anything on here.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Sounds like a good cover story to me....we are using this reactor for "research" and "medicine"..

Are you claiming that any development of any Nuclear technology is automatically for weapons? Stating that research reactors are for generating Nuclear weapons is incredibly inane without evidence.

With regards to a delivery system, just do what the british did. Get US technology.

Nukes are great, sure, but how will they stop enemy soldiers from invading?

Simple. Destroy them with Nukes.

[edit on 15/1/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
ok.. a different kidn of a question..

IF they did NOT have them, what what be a good number of warheads, delivery means, and yields for minimum credible deterence (presuming min cred deterence is what they would want)?

50-100 bombs, 25KT-200KT, F-111s, Blue Streak(?)... ?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Oz is one of my favorites here at ATS, what makes you think he isnt makin em already?

Cmon Oz where did you get that plutonium?

By the way great job in the debate...

[edit on 15-1-2010 by redeyedwonder]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
frankley i don't wont nukes anywhere, for whatever reason. As billy connoly once said, "they've got you know ya gonna get it, they paid so much for it they gotta see if it work's!"
but seriously what is the point? once one nut fires, thats it end of game, out of coins, game's over, everybody go home put your head between you legs and kiss your arse goodbye.
We don't need nukes because it's a moot point, noone can win a nuclear war, everyone loses. Not really much point to the excercise then is there, when you can't show off how bloody great you are at beating up the other guy when there's noone left to show off to!
As for nuclear power I've been against it for years until recently I watched a doco on a new power plant being made by China that can't go critical!! the uranium is incased on carbon, I can't remember much more than that but if it really works then for sure bring it on! plus the power station are the size of a surburban house as well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join