It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan war 'to be funded by UK job cuts'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Afghan war 'to be funded by UK job cuts'

news.bbc.co.uk

The defence secretary is due to outline how he plans to pay for extra equipment for British operations in Afghanistan by making cuts elsewhere.

An RAF base could be shut and thousands of defence jobs lost in Whitehall and also within the armed forces.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What the duce is going on in the UK? First they send our boys overseas to enforce their foreign policy, shedding blood in the process, and then they pull the rug from under their feet. Is this the legacy of my 20 years service. I am absolutely outraged. The British government is p***ing all over the population and leading its brave lads to the slaughter.

How on earth do they expect the troops in the front line to maintain moral when they get wind of this one?

I say they confiscate the big fat bonuses from these bankers and pour that into the defence budget.

Comments please.

P.S. Please excuse any spelling errors, not had a coffee yet.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

In a way, it makes sense...

But then it's complete maddness at the same time. Total complete, utter nonsense. Just what are these boys dying for?
Making job cuts in the exact region that you intend to strengthen is just mind blowing.

It is on a par to saying that the bankers can't get their bonus because everyone in the country is working.. so fire everyone so the fat cats will be ok.

Makes me laugh how one of the worlds most historic and famed military organisations is brought to its knees by finances.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

What it means is that this war will now be funded (in it's entirety) from the defence budget. No additional funding, special provision or term funding arrangements, it's cost will be met entirely from the current account. The Treasury has spoken.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
The British government is p***ing all over the population and leading its brave lads to the slaughter.

not brave lads, dumb lads
I know it's bad to say but it's way overdue

there is ample information out there to prove to you without a doubt that you should play no part in helping this war, there is overwhelming information.

this is not courage
I don't even think announcing UK job cuts will wake anyone up

what does UK job cuts mean?
less professional jobs and more army recruiting that's all

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
its about right the government stabbing people in the front not the back as they do it so clearly and we know its them yet we take it.

would all these job cuts jusy underline how vunerable we are to attack by invasion i know it wont happen but look how many soldiers we have training fully with the right equipment and the amount of people being screwed by the countrys government this oculd lead to a lack of help if it did happen, i know a chance of this happending is remote but my point stands we are underprepared and under funded for any attack or defence.

If they insist to go to war without our support they can atleast support the troops.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
the republican terrorists here in n.ireland are watching the British army get deployed overseas..it wont be long till its a full scale terrorist war again here in n.ireland.. they wont have the thousands of troops to spare to try and keep a lid on all the terrorist attacks....

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

there is some facts to that considering their recent attacks and foiled attacks
Bombs being planted on boarders, Personale being shot at bases.

on the topic
considering the UK is run by dim wits right now
this isnt shocking.

top topics

join