It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'sends special forces to Yemen' amid crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

US special forces have reportedly been sent to Yemen to train its army, as the Yemeni military backed by the Saudi Arabian army has been fighting local Houthi fighters in the north of the country.

The development comes amid fears that foreign military intervention in the country has put Yemeni civilians in dire condition.

American officials told The Daily Telegraph on Sunday that US forces have been sent to Yemen to prevent the country from turning into a "reserve base" for al-Qaeda

Source

A reserve base for al-qaeda? Why is everything about the terrorists? Seriously if people would wake up to the real agenda that it being played out here they would be very surprised. I don't know why the US is really there, but I'm sure they have alterative motives.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

A reserve base for al-qaeda? Why is everything about the terrorists? Seriously if people would wake up to the real agenda that it being played out here they would be very surprised. I don't know why the US is really there, but I'm sure they have alterative motives.

Osama Bin Laden's family happens to be one of the original tribal groups from Yemen. That country is very much the "Wild West" of terrorist safe-havens, much in the same manner as Somalia.

join