It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bad moods and ascending

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I kept journals for 20+ years and have been amazed when I read back through them. Things I was still dealing with I'd found the answer to many years ago. Our minds play games with us, and it's difficult to dicipher when a thought is new to us and when it's a sign we're going in circles (I like to believe they're spirals upward and onward).

We know more than we think we do. Mundane life just complicates it, yet idle time does as much (time to think too much).

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
thats the rollercoaster of life .....
i am up then i am down
its the tears that make the rainbow even brighter
we wouldnt appreciate the sun if we had no rain
i believe its just human life... the yin and the yang
balance... bitter yet sweet
dark.. light
cold...hot

please keep positive, i know it can be hard
i will send you some reiki healing

ps

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
No, running from it protects it. Facing it destroys it. What is happening here is that it is trying to survive the onslaught and using every trick it has.

Why do you refer to your 'ego' as though it is a seperate entity with a will of it's own?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamhat

No, running from it protects it. Facing it destroys it. What is happening here is that it is trying to survive the onslaught and using every trick it has.

Why do you refer to your 'ego' as though it is a seperate entity with a will of it's own?

Haha. You've never met an ego?

I suppose it's convenient in light of the tone of the one to whom I responded. It tends to have that quality like personal demons.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine0099thousand
Well, it's always good to try and design your life and way of thinking to a more positive state.

However, maybe the problem is that you are too focused on metaphysical and "spiritual" practices. Have you considered that these things aren't even real?

it's as good as real.

Escaping the reality of life on earth

Running from your ego may destroy you rather than help anyone.

Sounds like another method of escaping the reality of life on earth.

I think it's wiser to keep in an even balance. Too much ego and you're harming others, too little ego and you're harming yourself. Everything in moderation

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine0099thousand
Escaping the reality of life on earth

Do you really think so? What is the largest part of the reality? A quick mental survey suggests it's no longer our basic battle with nature but with each other. I prefer to serve as a catalyst to expunge that aspect of this reality.

So, if that is "escape", so mote it be. I won't abide the circle. And if I could, I would be more than willing to provide to you a planet on which you can continue things as they are.

Sounds like another method of escaping the reality of life on earth.

I think it's wiser to keep in an even balance.

If you're not capable of "going there" there is little to no willful decision being made in maintaining balance. Only if you are capable of the full range of possibility can you truely decide where on the scale you shall be.

I sense a possible admission of a sense of futility. Could be wrong.

Too much ego and you're harming others, too little ego and you're harming yourself. Everything in moderation

Distinction without a difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join