It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taco Bell hidden ingredients causing sickness!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've eaten Taco Bell my whole life - I even worked there for a month when times were really bad! I've always loved the food and never had any problems.

Until last month!!! All of a sudden I can't eat Taco Bell anymore! I've tried 4 times and keep getting just a sick feeling!

Anyone else getting this??

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Try not eating fast food for 6 months and see how much better you feel overall, I know that fast food is a quick cheap option but the quality is poor at best. Buy some fresh produce, organic foods and good whole wheat bread...then come back(make another thread) and tell us how much better you feel, then you can tell TB and the others to go...oh you know the rest.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
ugh, the thought of Taco Bell makes me sick. How many times a month do you eat there?
A couple of years ago there was a big food poisoning episode linked to Taco Bell in the States. Hundreds of people got sick, a few even died. In fact do a google search and you will see Taco Bell and Ecoli(food poisoning) cases going back ten years.
Lay off the fast food, especially Taco Bell you will feel better, maybe your body is trying to tell you something!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think when you have any restaraunt thats been duplicated thousands of times all over the country the food is not going to be as good as one mom and pop place where the owners have a personal interest in making the food as good as possible. And that depends on how busy they are as to whether they keep fresh food moving through. Someone said never stop at a place that don't do much business. I have never had any trouble with taco bell other than not feeling 100%. That's every day life for me though.

Where does the bug usually reside? I would guess in the meat.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well any way what are the hidden ingredients? People mention stuff like this all the time and never tell exactly what the deal is. I'm anxious to know. Is it something they just started doing? I have noticed a lot of places where the food has gone down hill but always think that they are just taking the cheap way out. They give you less and less food for more money and the food gets crappier and crappier.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

My apologies - I was sorta lazy on this thread and didn't do any research... All I know is I've eaten it all my life, then suddenly I can't anymore.

Same thing happened with oreo cookies once upon a time when they started adding hydrogenated oil.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
reply to post by Voyager1

My apologies - I was sorta lazy on this thread and didn't do any research... All I know is I've eaten it all my life, then suddenly I can't anymore.

Same thing happened with oreo cookies once upon a time when they started adding hydrogenated oil.

I've never heard of it. Here is a link on it and a few interesting words about it. Thanks for sharing. Its in Crisco and Margarine which I have consumed most of my life without a doubt. Its seems like the only benefit to it is longer shelf life.

www.wisegeek.com...

Oils have been hydrogenated for many decades, to prolong their shelf life and make the oils more stable. Hydrogenated oil is oil in which the essential fatty acids have been converted to a different form chemically, which has several effects. Hydrogenated oil is far more shelf stable, and will not go rancid as quickly as untreated oil. It also has a higher melting point, and is often used in frying and pastries for this reason. When hydrogenated, the chemical structure of the oil is changed, which scientists in the 1990s began to realize could result in negative health effects.

Hydrogenated oil is made by forcing hydrogen gas into oil at high pressure. Both animal and vegetable fats can be and are hydrogenated. In general, the more solid the oil is, the more hydrogenated it is. Two common examples of hydrogenated oil are Crisco and margarine. In the 1990s, it was realized that these products might have deleterious health effects, a tragic irony since they were originally produced and promoted as being healthier than conventional oils.

The unstable fatty acids in oils are unsaturated fats, which have been determined to be healthier for consumers, acting to reduce cholesterol in some cases. When hydrogenated oil is made, these healthy fats are converted into a new type of fatty acid, known as a trans fat. Trans fats are not at all good for one's health. In some highly hydrogenated oils like margarine, trans fats can make up almost half of the total fat content.

Trans fatty acids work to increase LDL, or "bad" cholesterol, and they also decrease HDL cholesterol, which is "good" cholesterol. This means that the fats in hydrogenated oil are far more damaging than even saturated fats, which medical professionals have already determined to be harmful. There is also evidence to suggest that trans fatty acids may bioaccumulate in the body, because the digestive system has difficulty figuring out what to do with them. As a result, a diet high in trans fats will result in weight gain.

Consumption of hydrogenated oil has been linked with diabetes, coronary disease, and obesity in a wide number of scientific studies. In the 1990s, many activists began to lobby for clear food labeling, indicating when products contained trans fats. Other activists went further, attempting to ban trans fats because of their detriment to human health. All medical professionals agree that people should limit their consumption of hydrogenated oil to avoid exposure to trans fats, and should eat foods with healthy fats such as nuts, avocados, and olive oil.

It sounds like we're too far away from the farm doesn't it? Its difficult to avoid some of these unhealthy things. It seems like if you don't grow it or raise it yourself it has many negatives.

Preserve it so I can sell it man, to !@#$ with everyone else.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
No, I have not noticed this at all. I know numerous people who eat there too... If a big chain resteraunt suddenly started including an ingredient which made everyone sick, it would have been noticed by a few more people...

Something like this would be all over the news...

It is more realistic that perhaps you have developed an alergy to one of the ingredients... Or take into consideration whether you have perhaps started eating something their that you used to not eat...

You can also contact Yum Brands (They own tacobell) and ask if they changed any ingredients in the food items that you purchase there...

Again if they were putting something in their that made EVERYBODY sick, it would have been noticed by now.... and fixed...

I eat their and have not gotten sick... so there you go.

new topics

top topics

join