It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory of Existance.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Im going to get deep here people so just bear with me.

A virus is defined as a small infectious agent that can only replicate inside the cells of another organism. Viruses are too small to be seen directly with a light microscope. Viruses infect all types of organisms, from animals and plants to bacteria and archaea.

What if we humans are nothing but viruses and earth is just a cell of a greater organism that organism being our god/creator.

What if former races left another planet and then created hybrid forms of the races on earth using earth creatures through DNA engineering? What if these races go from planet to planet and as we breed we use all the resources eventually killing the planets that we inhabit and then redoing the cycle again.

What if this is done on a mass scale and we dont even know about it? Space is just like the empty space in our bodies between cells?

What if our god is like us humans in a sense, we control our bodies but within us are things we cant control. Maybe when earth cleanses itself of a populace (Like it has at least a couple times before) it is our gods natural way of fighting the virus or at least inhibiting it?

If this is the case then there really is no life after death just darkness. We will have served our small purposes here on earth within our god and out time is spent no different than dead cells, or things within our own body.

Maybe the big bang was really just the conception of our god. Maybe our time frame of 100 years is 1 second to our god. Time is nothing but perception really. Anyways I thought I shoot some things out there. Its some pretty heavy # but if you like to ponder well here's some stuff to ponder.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If we're viruses I hope we pack more punch than H1N1 promised to.

Who's to say viruses don't experience an afterlife?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Deep stuff.

I wonder these things too. Are we just a virus walking around wearing Nikes?

By what you say.......about the planet cleansing itself...maybe we feel so disconnected, and insecure, because we were never meant to be here. The earth has a pretty good ecosystem, minus US. Minus HUMANS.

People will argue that, and just say that we are sentient, and we run the food chain. Therefore, we destroy.

But what if we are not supposed to be here? Floods, tsunamis...maybe it is the planets defense?
I dont understand a concept of god. Im sorry I cant follow you on that. But great post, either way.

Good clever you. I never can express my thoughts in words.

I'll give you a star.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I'm sure we can point out the similarities between humans and a lot of things. We're like pumpkin pie, in that some of us are round and squishy in the middle.
I wouldn't say this is a philosophy, really. And there really isn't 'empty' space in our bodies between cells. And there are a few other logistical points with the post, but whatever, it's irrelevant.

However, if you want to go this route, lets say that God is the universe, and humans are a virus. Do you think that we serve no other purpose than to infect the universe? If so, we're doing a very poor job of it, considering we can't even make our way off of this little planet (and there's no 'real' evidence that we ever have).

The problem I have with this hypothesis is that it is unprovable. I know that a lot of people think that's what philosophy is, but it's not. Philosophy requires reason, evidence and some type of logic.

But I like Signals point. Who's to say that viruses don't have an afterlife?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SorensDespair

Hey, if we are so important, to have an afterlife, I think viruses should have the same opportunity.
There are more of them, than there are of us, right?

Equality works in numbers.
Oh...wait...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My theory on "everything" could be defined as The Circle of Life.

What I mean by that is that there is no start and no end.

And in this circle, you will be "god" over an infinite amount of things and an infinite amount of things will be "god" over you.

Think of it this way. For every number between 1-2, that is how many things that are bigger than you. And for every number between 2-3, that is how many things that are smaller than you...in other words, an endless amount.

I can not give a reason "why", but more of a reason of "how".

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Here are some thoughts on this subject of humans becoming God that I put into another thread:

“I'm glad that people are using the term "god" in quotes, since it is quite impossible for a finite being to become infinite, just like it is impossible for an infinite being to become finite. This is quite simply because of The Omniscience Paradox, which goes like this:

"A being cannot know all things unless that being also knows ignorance, including all the qualities that go along with ignorance. A being cannot know ignorance and still claim to know all things."

Now, what strikes me immediately in this post is your far inferior definition of what it means to be THE true God. Even if you gain a complete understanding and mastery of everything in this material universe, you will still never be the originator of all that exists. Even if you rise to the level of a Type 3 civilization, able to fully control every aspect of all the forces and materials of all galaxies in all universes, you will still be unable to exceed the limitations inherent in those universes itself. Even if you could transcend being material, and became pure energy, you'd be limited by the inherent features of energy.

The very nature of THINGS is that they contain limitations and boundaries, and it is these limitations and boundaries which prevent you from being infinite.

You see, for those of us who have thought this out in great detail, and who have come up with 100% proof that God MUST exist, understand that what religious people call God is in reality the SOURCE of all that is, and that SOURCE is the infinite "ocean" of POTENTIAL for things to exist. This potential is what allows for the existence of space, time, energy, light, matter, movement, connection, and mind, including thought, emotion, and will.

So, quite simply, God is the infinite potential, and creation is the finite realization of that potential. The creation can never be the potential, and the potential can never be the creation. These are logical impossibilities that violate the first-order laws of reason.

Like other philosophers of the past such as Immanuel Kant, I have been preparing an essay on this subject, presenting epistemologically irrefutable arguments as to why this "originating source" must exist, and indeed it will establish with irrefutable logic and reason the very things that science avoids to address, simply because there is no way to address them aside from the proofs I will put forth in an upcoming thread.

Where "god-less" science goes awry is that it assumes that the universe started off as emptiness, to which things (like energy, matter, etc.), and the laws that govern these things, were added by no originating source at all. In other words, they see the universe as additive, assuming a source-less spontaneous generation. They, in fact, are the true believers in unreasonable fantasy, presupposing the very thing they claim to disbelieve in, namely, that there was a point at which something sprang from nothing, violating the conservation of energy and momentum.

This will be shown in my upcoming essay to be a complete impossibility, fraught with circular reasoning and contradiction. For you see, the creation is not additive at all, but rather, it is subtractive! Creation is accomplished by applying boundaries and limitations to an otherwise boundary-less and limitless infinite potential. Within the "mind" of God there exists the potential for everything: every movement, every action, every reaction, every thought, every conclusion, every emotion, and every attribute, and because this is potential and not actualization, all these "things" exist as an infinite web of possibility, without form, boundary, or limit. So, in God's mind, we find ALL-THINGS, which is the same as NO-THING, for things can only exist where there is neither "nothing" nor "all-things."

So, while it is desirable to become "god-like" in a very limited definition of the term, it is really quite impossible to be God, for we are already part of God, in that God requires our existence for his own completion and fulfillment, for it is only through creation that the infinite creator can know the finite. We are part of the actualization of his/her/it's infinite potential!”

Thought I would add to the depth a little

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

So being "god" is not even something you can grasp entirely. It is a circle, and even the snake eating itself has a head. Theres no way to catch up?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

The paradox of God is exactly where his power lies.

new topics

top topics

join