It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.N. backed Congolese troops killing civilians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Report: U.N. backed Congolese troops killing civilians

news.yahoo.com

Human Rights Watch said it had documented "vicious and widespread" attacks against civilians by soldiers and rebels between January and September. Soldiers being fed and supplied with ammunition by the United Nations have killed civilians, gang-raped girls and cut the heads off some young men they accuse of being rebels or supporting the enemy, groups said.

"For every rebel combatant disarmed, one civilian has been killed, seven women and girls have been raped, six houses have been burned and destroyed and 900 people have been forced to flee their homes," British-based organization Oxfa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well the U.N. needs to take a self-inventory. Go figure. When you send secondline troops to participate in something that should be a flagship organization for how things are done in a civilized world, this is what happens. Just as U.N. members need to be just as fervant about prosecuting EVERY single case, otherwise their argument about the U.S. is null and void.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
"U.N. Peacekeeping",what a sick joke!

"Un-Peace" is what it is,grammatically incorrect as that sounds!

And this is the center,the United Nations,is where all our wealth will be distributed to.

Satan is loving every minute of it!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I cannot talk for Satan but I am laughing like Nero about irony....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Soldiers being fed and supplied with ammunition by the United Nations have killed civilians

My logic tells me that the civilians would have been killed regardless if ammunition was present or not. It is not the ammunition that kills people it is the person pulling the trigger.

If no ammunition was present I suspect they would have been beaten or stabbed to death.

So another take on it would be, maybe the UN was trying to be humane and let the civilians die by bullet rather than knife/club. I have heard it is more humane to kill with a bullet than a knife or club because a bullet will usually cause less suffering.

This story can go very deep if one looks far into the hole.

top topics

join