It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get prepared ATSers... I think Israel is going to attack Iran in 2010.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
prophecydepot.blogspot.com...

[edit on 15-12-2009 by xhearte]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
i know ive posted this a couple times.
i really just encourage u all to read this thru and see what prophecy is holding for this event.

a russian backed iran after israel, including the surrounding states.... were about there kids.

prophecydepot.blogspot.com...

[edit on 15-12-2009 by xhearte]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't see Russia being a serious threat, conventionally speaking. Their air force was having problems last year with Georgian Air Defense. Some planes were shot down. If that's the case, then they're going to fly into a sh*tstorm trying to enter Israeli airspace... However, if they resort to their Nukes/ICBMs, then it's a whole different ballgame.

If a pre-emptive strike does happen, i hope it will be like Operation Opera. In that event, the Iraqis didn't respond and the conflict didn't escalate further. However, I don't see Iran letting an Israeli strike go unanswered. And if Iran retaliates, Israel will use its nukes...

I honestly don't see an Israeli strike happening. There's too many nuclear sites to take out. An American ground invasion seems more logical. I think that's the reason for the recent call-up of 30,000 troops.

As for the rest of the Middle East, none of the Arab states want a "Nuclear Persia". So although they secretly want Israel to wipe out their nuclear program, they will condemn them in public. This is because they have be seen as united for the Palestinian cause.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
To the OP, 2010 is not too soon.

This standoff has been ongoing since 2005, and the escalation and propaganda against Iran has been 10-fold this year. It will not drag out for much longer..

I don't think there is going to be another false-flag event like 9/11 to kick start this thing off. I think the next false-flag we have already seen..

aka "Global Financial Crises".

The world economy has been deliberately weakened to the point where any nudge will send it spiraling out of control. This has been done on purpose.

The Israeli attack on Iran will cripple the global economy beyond anything anyone has ever witnessed.. Oil will be unfordable. A nuclear exchange would probably occur at some point, some where.

It is the SHTF scenario TPTB are striving for... TPTB want a re-ordering of the status quo of the geo-political order.

What a better way than to create a new order out of the chaos of a third world war.

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Nomad451]

You hit it on the nose. If this happens it's because they want to create a Bible-style Armageddon and claim the savior status for themselves. I'm not putting a timetable on it happening, but the pressure is building. If Israel attacked you can bet the Straights of Hormuz would be blocked and all hell would break loose in short order.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DJAghetto

Actually they mistook there own planes for georgias being an ex soviet republick they used the same types of planes and electrical equipment as them so that was bound to happen. Granted they could have used more advanced missiles but i think they were being shipped or something... anywayi doubt russia will get directly involved it just has to get the s-300 out in time and charge an extortionate amount to get it there and set up and do a runner before the iranians know how to use it.Lol : D

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
to me there is no doubt that iran would be a much tougher fight than afghanistan or iraq. as for iran falling into civil war... i dont see it happening... im pretty sure the populace is still mainly for the mullahs and the revolution. in fact i saw an article just the other day about how an israeli strike would more than likely unite the iranians people.. remember folks, any dissidence in iran is amplified 10 fold here in the west to make it seem like those poor iranian people are suffering etc blah. its propaganda, more bull to feed the populace to allow TPTB to go to war.

Iranian Armed Forces (globalfirepower.com...)
---------------------------
PERSONNEL
Total Population: 65,875,224 [2008]
Population Available: 39,851,026 [2008]
Fit for Military Service: 34,344,352 [2008]
Reaching Military Age Annually: 1,494,322 [2008]
Active Military Personnel: 545,000 [2008]
Active Military Reserve: 350,000 [2008]
Active Paramilitary Units: 11,390,000 [2008]

ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 5,449
Tanks: 1,613 [2006]
Armored Personnel Carriers: 640 [2006]
Towed Artillery: 2,010 [2006]
Self-Propelled Guns: 310 [2006]
Multiple Rocket Launch Systems: 876 [2006]
Mortars: 5,000 [2006]
Anti-Tank Guided Weapons: 75 [2006]
Anti-Aircraft Weapons: 1,700 [2006]

NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 65
Merchant Marine Strength: 92 [2008]
Major Ports and Harbors: 3
Aircraft Carriers: 0 [2008]
Destroyers: 0 [2008]
Submarines: 3 [2006]
Frigates: 3 [2006]
Patrol & Coastal Craft: 140 [2006]
Mine Warfare Craft: 5 [2006]
Amphibious Craft: 13 [2006]

AIR FORCE
Total Aircraft: 84 [2006]
Helicopters: 84 [2006]
Serviceable Airports: 331 [2007]

looking at these stats, if the straights of hormuz were blocked, it wouldnt be for very long.. they have a small AF and Navy that would likely be bombed into submission in a hurry... the israelis could prolly do that themselves.. th real threat comes on the ground... iran, as you can see, has millions at thier disposal.. they back militias in Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen, Gaza, and Afghanistan. Israel will be facing hamas to thier south, hezbollah and maybe even the regular lebanese army if the jews attack lebanon as they have said they would and the lebanese said they would back hezbollah in any conflict with israel again. renewed violence in iraq involving the mahdi army and the hezbollah brigades and perhaps even al-badr.. no doubting the influence in southern iraq iran has. the houthis would continue their rebellion with renewed vigor in yemen and the taliban would find more money, more arms to kill westerners with in afghanistan.

Russia has seemed timid to take one side or the other but is generally seen as backing the iranians since the 08 south ossetia war against georgia. Venezuela who also has close ties to russian and iran who also hates the us and who supports proxies in colombia (farc, eta, etc.) would no doubt get involved in the conflict by attacking colombia, a key south american ally of the US, pretty much our only ally in latin america other than mexico.. Syria would also likely find thier way involved in the conflict by supporting hezbollah to thier west, iraqi insurgents in the east and perhaps, if they found the moment right, an offensive against the golan heights.. Saudi arabia, who are already involved in a proxy war with iran against the houthi rebels in yemen, would likely find themselves either fighting Iran or staying nuertal.. there are alot of opposite forces in saudi arabia... 1 half wants peace and to make lots of money, the other half are islamic fundies bent on the death of israel.. so alot could happen to them if they were involved.

another key ally is kuwait, a main logistics hub for the americans in iraq. i could see iran attacking them to cut off the american supply line to iraq. especially if they blocked the straight of hormuz.. Turkey i think would remain nuetral because they are also a country torn between 2 opposite forces. on one hand there are those who want to be more western and accepted into nato, on the otherhand, again, islamic fundies...

iran have thier tentacles in many places and influence many people... if its meant to be, it should be a hell of a fight. i refuse to be involved...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

we will see thats for sure----i dont think it will happen--but i didnt think alot of things that did happen wouldnt--pray for the end

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't see any of this happen. It is nothing more than to little twerps on the school play ground kicking dirt on each others shoes and double daring each other.

It has went on for years and will continue to do so.This is nothing more than a pissing contest between two politicians not two countries.

The rational leaders of this world(if we have some)will not let this escalate to a war.

We'll be on here this time next year reading somebody's post about Israel attacking Iran in 2011.

Just to clear some things up that have been posted here.

I expect multiple land and sea strikes by Israel.

How is the Israeli army getting there? Are they going to politely ask the Saudi's to pass through their land? I don't think so.

Sea strikes? From where exactly are they going to initiate these sea strikes? Maybe from their secret Israel aircraft carrier?

It would if it were to take place, which it is not,an surgical air strike,that is Israels major assets and ability.

Israel could not support troops on the ground.Nor would they want to.

This is the event certain echelons of power are pushing to happen,

Who are the echelons of power you mention that are pushing this to happen?Name them.

this will be the SHTF scenario ATS frequently talks about.

ATS is a social network not an individual. Show me where this subject has been frequently talked about by the owners and mods of ATS.

Has anybody else noticed the "Deny Ignorance" motto on this social network site has been removed?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser
reply to post by DJAghetto

Actually they mistook there own planes for georgias being an ex soviet republick they used the same types of planes and electrical equipment as them so that was bound to happen. Granted they could have used more advanced missiles but i think they were being shipped or something... anywayi doubt russia will get directly involved it just has to get the s-300 out in time and charge an extortionate amount to get it there and set up and do a runner before the iranians know how to use it.Lol : D

Either way, Russia won't be too successful from the air. Any attempt, by hostile aircraft, to enter Israeli airspace would most likely be suicidal. Russia would probably succeed on the ground, though.

Israel ain't that worried about the S-300. They've already shown the ability to neutralize/evade it in Operation Orchard.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

looking at these stats, if the straights of hormuz were blocked, it wouldnt be for very long.. they have a small AF and Navy that would likely be bombed into submission in a hurry... the israelis could prolly do that themselves.. th real threat comes on the ground... iran, as you can see, has millions at thier disposal.. they back militias in Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen, Gaza, and Afghanistan. Israel will be facing hamas to thier south, hezbollah and maybe even the regular lebanese army if the jews attack lebanon as they have said they would and the lebanese said they would back hezbollah in any conflict with israel again. renewed violence in iraq involving the mahdi army and the hezbollah brigades and perhaps even al-badr.. no doubting the influence in southern iraq iran has. the houthis would continue their rebellion with renewed vigor in yemen and the taliban would find more money, more arms to kill westerners with in afghanistan.

Russia has seemed timid to take one side or the other but is generally seen as backing the iranians since the 08 south ossetia war against georgia. Venezuela who also has close ties to russian and iran who also hates the us and who supports proxies in colombia (farc, eta, etc.) would no doubt get involved in the conflict by attacking colombia, a key south american ally of the US, pretty much our only ally in latin america other than mexico.. Syria would also likely find thier way involved in the conflict by supporting hezbollah to thier west, iraqi insurgents in the east and perhaps, if they found the moment right, an offensive against the golan heights.. Saudi arabia, who are already involved in a proxy war with iran against the houthi rebels in yemen, would likely find themselves either fighting Iran or staying nuertal.. there are alot of opposite forces in saudi arabia... 1 half wants peace and to make lots of money, the other half are islamic fundies bent on the death of israel.. so alot could happen to them if they were involved.

You are right about the Iranian air force and navy, but without any air support, their ground forces will be sitting ducks for the Israeli air force. It would be like shooting fish in a bucket. I say this based on a scenario of the Iranian ground forces vs. the Israeli air force only. In real life, the Iranian ground forces would also have to deal with Israel's ground forces, which is one of the better-equipped and well-trained forces in the world. Basically, I don't see the Iranian military emerging victorious in any conflict with Israel. There's no logical way for that to happen unless they have a nuke, but that scenario is also debatable.

Hamas and Hizbollah don't pose a threat unless their rockets hit Tel-Aviv. They launch rockets into Israel here and there, but it requires a massive attack, like a sneak attack/kidnapping a soldier or nonstop rocket fire, to really provoke the IDF. Even when the IDF responds, the conflict ends rather quickly due to international pressure. The fact that Israel sends only about 10,000-20,000 troops(barely 10% of the military) to deal with them, shows how serious Israel views them. However, if a rocket were to fall on Tel-Aviv, then Israel would actually respond in full force. They also won't give a f**k about international pressure and would continue to attack the Hamas and Hizbollah until they are completely finished.

I hope none of these scenarios play out. I'd rather have these parties sign peace agreements, but I just don't see that happening unfortunately. It's a shame that religious extremists still exist today in the 21st century...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Israel does not need to attack Iran.There are other ways of dealing with Iran.Mossad and the CIA have good intelligence coming out of Iran every week.A nuclear accident on Iranian soil may do the trick.The CIA can capture some of Irans best Nuclear scienceists and kill some top Iranian military officers.Nuclear parts turn up with important parts missing and some one have sabotarged the missle guidence system.Hey thoses North Korean military advicors and UN nuclear inspectors are really CIA and the nsa it watching Irans every move with spy sattalites.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Israel has only one ally the US.

And America no longer has any allies left at all since Britain pulled out of Iraq.

While the American Zionists will gleefully send Americans to their deaths to support Israel, not a single Israeli has ever fought beside America in any of it's wars.

How many IDF military are deployed in Iraq ?
None.

Get the idea ?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well, I don't know about the whole time frame thing, but I hear that the one to follow is Turkey, to see where it's allegiance is it. Many countries in that area have all sided with one or the other, so it'll be interesting to sit back and watch the fireworks...

[edit on 19-12-2009 by presario]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Israel has only one ally the US.

And America no longer has any allies left at all since Britain pulled out of Iraq.

While the American Zionists will gleefully send Americans to their deaths to support Israel, not a single Israeli has ever fought beside America in any of it's wars.

How many IDF military are deployed in Iraq ?
None.

Get the idea ?

Israel hasn't deployed any troops in Iraq, because the US won't let them. If they did, the US would lose the Arab coalition against Saddam and would be subject to heavy criticism in the Arab world.

They still criticize but not on the same level that they would if Israel was in Iraq, too.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
How many Israeli military were in Vietnam ?
How many Israeli military are in Afghanistan ?

Name one American war where Israel has supported America with boots on the ground. It has NEVER happened, and never will.

Sorry but the military alliance with Israel is ALL ONE WAY.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
Anti-Tank Guided Weapons: 75 [2006]

I believe Iran has more than 75 ATGM(Anti-Tank Guided Missile). Mainly because Iran manufactures its ATGM without having to resorting to imports. It probably has over a 1,000 units. Actually Iran manufactures much of its own weapons.

It resembles the American TOW ATGM.

Toophan-2 ATGM

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto
The fact that Israel sends only about 10,000-20,000 troops(barely 10% of the military) to deal with them, shows how serious Israel views them. However, if a rocket were to fall on Tel-Aviv, then Israel would actually respond in full force. They also won't give a f**k about international pressure and would continue to attack the Hamas and Hizbollah until they are completely finished.

Hezbollah trained militia numbers only about 3,000. During the 2006 Lebanon War, it manage to stop the Israeli offensive column at the 5 mile mark, about 15 mile short of the Litani River( the Israeli goal). And held the Israeli army in check at the 5 mile mark for 34 days before ceasefire was declared.
This was the first time an Arab force stop an Israeli armoured column.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Get prepared ATSers... I think Israel is going to attack Iran in 2010.

Oh YEAH! One more ATS 'prediction' that will just disappear into the ether once it doesn't come true.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
A prediction from Gerald Celente www.abovetopsecret.com...

Terrorism 2010

While The Trends Research Institute can’t predict precise dates or the magnitude of terror attacks, we can be fairly certain they are on the way. As 2009 draws to a close, the “Fort Hood Gunman” is being recognized by the intelligence community as the poster boy for an alarming new terror phenomenon termed “lone-wolf, self-radicalized gunmen.” Years of war in Afghanistan and Iraq – and now Pakistan – have intensified anti-American sentiment and increased the number of individuals seeking revenge. NATO allies contributing troops to the wars will also be targeted.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
How many Israeli military were in Vietnam ?
How many Israeli military are in Afghanistan ?

Name one American war where Israel has supported America with boots on the ground. It has NEVER happened, and never will.

Sorry but the military alliance with Israel is ALL ONE WAY.

Israel was still in its infancy when the Vietnam War started and was constantly dealing with threats and wars on its border throughout the Vietnam conflict. It obvious they did not have soldiers to spare at the time.

Israel did not participate in Afghanistan for the same reason i mentioned about Iraq. However, they do provide intelligence reports to the US military from their people on the ground. Also, Israel made life a lot easier for the US military by taking out the Iraqi nuclear reactor. Otherwise, it would have been a devastating war for the US.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join