It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bush E-mails Found: 22 Million Missing E-mails From George W. Bush White House Recovered"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The Link

Computer technicians have found 22 million missing White House e-mails from the administration of President George W. Bush and the Obama administration is searching for dozens more days' worth of potentially lost e-mail from the Bush years, according to two groups that filed suit over the failure by the Bush White House to install an electronic record keeping system.

The tally of missing e-mails, the additional searches and the settlement are the latest development in a political controversy that stemmed from the Bush White House's failure to install a properly working electronic record keeping system. Two federal laws require the White House to preserve its records.

Really? How interesting. What could they possibly have found, if anything?

That list includes almost all of the most suspect dates when email was missing, most notably the period (between September 29 and October 7, 2003) when Dick Cheney and Scooter Libby were working on a cover story in Jackson Hole. This is the period, remember, when Libby told Cheney the story he was going to tell the FBI–that he had learned of Plame’s identity from Tim Russert, not from Cheney himself. And it is also the period during which we know Fitzgerald was seeking emails, but did not receive them. (He did receive at least one email, printed out from a hard drive, after the more intense search for emails started in 2005.
Link

Is there any chance that if wrong doing were present in any of these emails that it would spur action? I honestly am not sure. It sounds like they have to go through a process of 'archiving' before they become public but I am not sure what the implications of this process is. I am interested though by the fact that these emails were from the Plame leak period, something that is obviously suspicious yet from from proof of any intentional wrong doing.

All the same I thought the news was interesting and decided to share.

join