It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever considered that ATS welcomes debunking ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Debunking literally means "getting rid of bunk"

Just decontaminating means getting rod of contaminants. Delousng means getting rid of lice. Etc.

A state of mid generated by people who believe and except anything because it's written somewhere or an a video.

So saying a moving object in a video is not an alien spaceship - just a reflection of the sun - is debunking.

Saying there is no physical evidence that the WTC was blown up by bombs is considered by many to be debunking.

There's always room for speculation or conjecture - but saying it falls short of being proven is not malign.

It's bringing things back to reality.

My own concern in this neighbourhood is there's too much bunk.

Hundreds repeat the same misinformation and somehow it becomes an article of faith.

Anyone who disagrees becomes labeled a debunker.

There should be an equally onerous term for people willfully spreading disinformation.

M

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
These type of threads have seriously got to stop. Whats with all the whiny people on ATS lately?

And now we have a thread that moans about debunkers?

Give me a break.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I debunk because I value critical thinking, and acknowledge that's the only way to learn.

If people didn't post up half-hearted, poorly-thought-out opinions as fact, then there wouldn't be anything for debunkers to debunk.

Debunking only exists because irrational thought does. And out of the two, are you seriously saying debunking is the worst one? Really?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mjtwelve

You could have an interesting point on it being " Government owned ".

Now I personally don't think it is, but nevertheless, I'm sure it is closely watched by TPTB and its got to be a gift to them to maybe build profiles of members on here

I just dread to think what my dossier contains !!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Want some answers?

I have a sneaking suspision that the site we are affiliated to is actually a government owned site . Have you ever wondered why there is a large group of debunkers who more or less lurk on evey topic and make it their sole porpose to debunk every out of the ordinary idea that we put forward and why they are tolerated by the MODS ?

Here we go again. :shk: Maybe it's because there is a large group of posters who believe in fact-checking and support? Me, I'm a believer, based on evidence I've researched...but I also value the opinion of skeptics, who help us to refine our facts. As for out and out debunkers, well, they are here too....it's an open community, so have some from all sides of it. Do you really believe the government sets up a conspiracy site just to look at mountains of data about Reptoids, etc.? Really? (and if so, Gaz wants his paycheck!!!)

Most of the mods, supers, and admins I talk with are definitely believers in many conspiracy topics. Does that mean we accept everything thrown out there? No, and neither should you.

I made I fleeting criticism towards a ATS member (renowned for his debunking) earlier today and recieved countless U2U's from ATS mod's telling me that this was a NO NO .

You criticized a member. That is a violation of the Terms and Conditions. Please read them and you will see. Feel free to attack a person's theories, ideas, or viewpoints, but personal attacks are a violation of the rules.

I Always had my doubts about the agenda of this site and if you don't believe me , try criticising one of the regular debunkers and then count the minutes to you recieving a warning by the MODS via U2U

No, don't try it...as I said, it's against the rules. But, feel free to criticize anyone's ideas or opinions, just don't resort to personal attacks.

I challenge ATS to let this thread air and answer any questions from members that may arise.....

It's still here, isn't it?
The bottom line is that the argument should not get personal, it should always be about the facts, ideas, etc. presented by the poster, not an attack on the poster.

No matter what side you are on in an issue, stick with this, and you won't have any troubles with the mods or other members...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Most of the mods, supers, and admins I talk with are definitely believers in many conspiracy topics. Does that mean we accept everything thrown out there? No, and neither should you.

I thought you guys all subscribed to the David St. Hubbins mantra:

"I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything."

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mjtwelve
I have a sneaking suspision that the site we are affiliated to is actually a government owned site .

In other words not everyone agrees with your opinion . The same BS accusation has been made time and time again . I could understand if you just got a bit carried away with a topic but the accusation you make is something else entirely .

Have you ever wondered why there is a large group of debunkers who more or less lurk on evey topic and make it their sole porpose to debunk every out of the ordinary idea that we put forward and why they are tolerated by the MODS ?

Logic and or facts offends some people .

I made I fleeting criticism towards a ATS member (renowned for his debunking) earlier today and recieved countless U2U's from ATS mod's telling me that this was a NO NO .

Look in all the time I have been on ATS a difference in opinion has never gotten me a warn .

I Always had my doubts about the agenda of this site and if you don't believe me , try criticising one of the regular debunkers and then count the minutes to you recieving a warning by the MODS via U2U

Why don't you find one of the god zillion forums were what ever it is you want to do is permissible ?
Its not hard to obey the T&C do that and the mods will leave you alone .

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I thought you guys all subscribed to the David St. Hubbins mantra:

"I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything."

Nah, I think most of us would fall into the "skeptical believers" category. But that's a generalization. Some are hard-core believers, and others are hard-core skeptics.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join