It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 Million Bush Administration emails recovered.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

22 Million Bush Administration emails recovered.

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON - Two nonprofit groups say that computer technicians have found 22 million White House e-mails from the administration of President George W. Bush.

The two groups say the electronic messages were previously mislabeled and effectively lost.

An announcement Monday by the two groups is the latest development in a controversy that surrounded the failure by the Bush White House to install an electronic recordkeeping system.

The two private organizations — the National Security Archive and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington — say they are settling lawsuits t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yeah, wasn't this some sort of "scandal" a few years ago and his press secretary said they were lost... and an IT guy said "nothing is ever lost" and then the P.S said "No.. They are gone. Next question?"

I wonder what revealing information regarding the war, will be released in this mess of electronic data?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-12-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hate to be the bearer of bad news my fellow Canuck and marijuana supporter but someone beat yeah with this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
sucks cause im sure it will be hotly debated.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Stars and flag's as well my friend, but, I got beat by 2 seconds... sorry, at least you had the source, right away, great story though

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
They will probably find menus and seating arrangements from State dinners, drafts of speeches, orders for copier paper and toner, orders for cleaning supplies for the White House bathrooms etc.etc.etc. I don't know if the emails were lost or not, but, I do know that if the things you hope to find ever existed they are not in these emails, otherwise they would have never been found.

I do wonder what steps the Obama Administration is taking to sanitize their emails? Might be an interesting comparison.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A Breaking News thread and a Forum Subject thread are allowed to exists at the same time.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That list includes almost all of the most suspect dates when email was missing, most notably the period (between September 29 and October 7, 2003) when Dick Cheney and Scooter Libby were working on a cover story in Jackson Hole. This is the period, remember, when Libby told Cheney the story he was going to tell the FBI–that he had learned of Plame’s identity from Tim Russert, not from Cheney himself. And it is also the period during which we know Fitzgerald was seeking emails, but did not receive them. (He did receive at least one email, printed out from a hard drive, after the more intense search for emails started in 2005.

emptywheel.firedoglake.com...

hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yummy!! Can't wait for the emails to be released. If all emails are released Bush and his admin. might face a long long long...very long vacation behind bars.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Yummy!! Can't wait for the emails to be released. If all emails are released Bush and his admin. might face a long long long...very long vacation behind bars.

I seriously doubt if these emails will ever see the light of day.

The lawsuits to keep them secret are being filed as we speak.
Just like the torture videos and pictures.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Now that they've bankrupted this country,with this news they better flee to...Dubai,Wait,that's bankrupt too!!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

[edit on 14-12-2009 by December_Rain]

Except for the fact in that article it mentioned the soonest they can be revealed is in 2014.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

Aww' dang you do know how to pour water on good news

new topics

top topics

join