It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Christian's Perspective on UFOs! Now with Credible sources@!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Disclaimer: This thread is not intended to be a flame war over Christianity vs non-Christianity, Religion vs no-Religion, or any other crap like that that seems to find it's way into almost every forum that mild somehow pertains to religion. This is an attempt to create discussion on the specific topic that this thread is dedicated to. Thanks.

Are UFOs real? What does the Bible have to say about them? Are they the evil, hybrid beings called "Nephilim" of ages past? Right now countries all over the world are opening up their secret files to the public about UFO “sightings.” Bible scholar Dr. Chuck Missler explains what these sightings really are, what the Bible has to say about them, and how they relate to end-time prophecy.

I recently came across a video, from a Christian Television show called "It's Supernatural" with the host Sid Roth. He often has guests on it discussing what some would call "crazy talk" and how it pertains to Christianity. From the title, you could probably guess it's generally about supernatural issues such as demons, angels, spirits, etc. Anyways, in this video I will link you to if you wish to view (the entire point of this thread), Chuck Missler (former Branch Chief of the Department of Guided Missiles) discusses the cover-ups of UFO's and extra terrestrial beings, along with how it could possibly pertain to Christianity, the end of the world, and several other controversial issues.

Here is the video (a direct link to the website) Link
Edit: If you find the above link does not work and/or you have to navigate the site and don't want to, here is a direct link you can click on and will open the video if you have real player installed on your computer: Real Player Link
For those of you who don't want to watch, I can give my own summary but keep in mind this is what I took from the video:

Chuck Missler discusses the cover-ups of UFO's in the American Government regardless of the substantial evidence suggesting that they do exist. He emphasizes the theory that the Nephlim, who were fallen angles that had bread with humans on earth in the past were the reason that the gene pool needed to be cleansed, resulting in the
Great Flood. Furthermore, there is scripture to back up the fact that the Nelphim still exist to this day, and may biblically explain UFO sightings. To tie it in with the end times, Chuck Missler states that these Aliens are not inter-galactic, but inter-dimensional (supporting String Theory) and have amazing technology. In truth, supposedly these beings are violent and deceptive, and will bring harm to humans eventually, and scare many people as their sightings increase. This means that people will look for someone or something to defend them, triggering the uprise of the anti-christ who will promise peace and prosperity under a one-world government.

Please feel free to discuss the video and what you think about it, but try to keep conversation from debating whether Christianity is legitimate or not. There are several other open discussion forums where this can occur, but please not here.
Take what you will from this video, I do not wish to assert my own opinion on it.

Thanks for reading!

[edit on 013131p://111 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I can't watch the videos now but plan to asap.

I was raised Christian, southern baptist to be exact. And one thing I've ran into time and time again is how close-minded some Christians can be with regards to the supernatural.

My father is a great example. He's an extremely intelligent, compassionant, thoughtful man who believes wholeheartedly in God, Bible, Christianity. But mention the words "ufo" or "ghost" or "paranormal" in any fashion, and he immediately shuts down. Won't even discuss the notion with you.

Which I find to be astounding. AFter all, Christianity isn't exactly a logical religion, right? People coming back from the dead, ascending to heaven, and all that. Certainly seems to be paranormal, if you ask me.

Have you noticed a similar trend?

Keep smiling, all!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Hey thanks for your response. The video is certainly worth the watch if you've got time, it's about 15 or 20 minutes, so I don't blame some people if they don't watch it.

Yea, the close-mindedness of Christians sometimes is a bit sad, but there also comes a point where you have to deny the completely absurd. I am generally sceptic about aliens and extra terrestrials, but I am no expert thus I cannot make claims for anyone else other than myself. Christianity is illogical in some of what it does, but at other points, if find Christianity to also be the most logical of mind sets one could use when it comes to every day life. I like to think of the book of Proverbs as one of the best guides any human could follow for every day conduct amongst their peers.

But like I said, I didn't want this to be a discussion about religion, but rather the video, so I'll leave my religious opinions here for now.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sorry but I couldn't find the link to the video on the page you linked to. Maybe I'm just blind or got lost on all the small type. Could you possibly link to the page the article/video are on....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
Disclaimer: This thread is not intended to be a flame war over Christianity vs non-Christianity, Religion vs no-Religion, or any other crap like that that seems to find it's way into almost every forum that mild somehow pertains to religion. This is an attempt to create discussion on the specific topic that this thread is dedicated to. Thanks.

Are UFOs real? What does the Bible have to say about them? Are they the evil, hybrid beings called "Nephilim" of ages past? Right now countries all over the world are opening up their secret files to the public about UFO “sightings.” Bible scholar Dr. Chuck Missler explains what these sightings really are, what the Bible has to say about them, and how they relate to end-time prophecy.

I recently came across a video, from a Christian Television show called "It's Supernatural" with the host Sid Roth. He often has guests on it discussing what some would call "crazy talk" and how it pertains to Christianity. From the title, you could probably guess it's generally about supernatural issues such as demons, angels, spirits, etc. Anyways, in this video I will link you to if you wish to view (the entire point of this thread), Chuck Missler (former Branch Chief of the Department of Guided Missiles) discusses the cover-ups of UFO's and extra terrestrial beings, along with how it could possibly pertain to Christianity, the end of the world, and several other controversial issues.

Here is the video (a direct link to the website) Link
Edit: If you find the above link does not work and/or you have to navigate the site and don't want to, here is a direct link you can click on and will open the video if you have real player installed on your computer: Real Player Link
For those of you who don't want to watch, I can give my own summary but keep in mind this is what I took from the video:

Chuck Missler discusses the cover-ups of UFO's in the American Government regardless of the substantial evidence suggesting that they do exist. He emphasizes the theory that the Nephlim, who were fallen angles that had bread with humans on earth in the past were the reason that the gene pool needed to be cleansed, resulting in the
Great Flood. Furthermore, there is scripture to back up the fact that the Nelphim still exist to this day, and may biblically explain UFO sightings. To tie it in with the end times, Chuck Missler states that these Aliens are not inter-galactic, but inter-dimensional (supporting String Theory) and have amazing technology. In truth, supposedly these beings are violent and deceptive, and will bring harm to humans eventually, and scare many people as their sightings increase. This means that people will look for someone or something to defend them, triggering the uprise of the anti-christ who will promise peace and prosperity under a one-world government.

Please feel free to discuss the video and what you think about it, but try to keep conversation from debating whether Christianity is legitimate or not. There are several other open discussion forums where this can occur, but please not here.
Take what you will from this video, I do not wish to assert my own opinion on it.

Thanks for reading!

[edit on 013131p://111 by For(Home)Country]

Personally I think they are on the right path. My personal belief is that aliens can possible be:
the 1/3 of the angels who left with LUCI.
the WATCHERS mentioned in the book of ENOCH who spawned the NEPHILIM FALLENZ.
Or as mentioned the NEPHILIM.
Oh and my favorite THE RETURN OF THE SON and his fleet comming to GATHER the fruits of EARTH.
S&F

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Sounds like more religious dogma to me - and nonsensical dogma at that.

So this theory is that the Nephilim are/were inter-dimensional beings that came to earth and mixed there gene's with ours. If they are from "another dimension", why would they have the same genetic material as us? (dna) and this supposes that they would basically be the same species. You can't cross-breed species unless they are very closely related, otherwise, you get no progeny. A snake cannot cross breed with a frog as an example. With closely related species, such as a horse and a donkey, you can cross breed, but the offspring mule is infertile.

Of course, if they were high tech "inter-dimensionals" they might be able to fool around with our DNA in all sorts of ways, but this would not require sexual intercourse - which would be pointless.

I do appreciate that these Christians are trying to explain what is unexplainable, but unfortuately, you are dealing with very close minded people who lack any real ability to think "outside the box", thus every mystery MUST somehow tie into the one topic that consumes their every thought, the "war" between good and evil, the coming battle between satan and the anti-christ and the loyalist angels and god and the returning christ. Their belief systems preclude any thoughts of other intelligent beings besides humans and angels/messengers of god.

Of course, if the Nephilim are a result of "inter-breeding" with interdimensional angels, then that would imply that Christ must himself
must be an inter-dimensional half-breed and that the "inter-dimensional realm" must be a higher dimension from ours, that is closer to god. So I can see quite a bit of commonality between this theory and some of the so-called "New Age" religious beliefs.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by bluestreak53]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
Sounds like more religious dogma to me - and nonsensical dogma at that.

So this theory is that the Nephilim are/were inter-dimensional beings that came to earth and mixed there gene's with ours. If they are from "another dimension", why would they have the same genetic material as us? (dna) and this supposes that they would basically be the same species. You can't cross-breed species unless they are very closely related, otherwise, you get no progeny. A snake cannot cross breed with a frog as an example. With closely related species, such as a horse and a donkey, you can cross breed, but the offspring mule is infertile.

Of course, if they were high tech "inter-dimensionals" they migght be able to fool around with our DNA in all sorts off ways, but this would not require sexual intercourse - which would be pointless.

I do appreciate that these Christans are trying to explain what is unexplainable, but unfortuately, you are dealing with very close minded people who lack any real ability to think "outside the box", thus every mystery MUST somehow tie into the one topic that consumes their every thought, the "war" between good and evil, the coming battle between satan and the anti-christ and the loyalist angels and god and the returning christ.

There are already dozens of threads on this topic - this is nothing new or original. It should more properly be posted to a religious forum.

Yeah I agree with what your saying, I mean I know it's religion but it can't be the answer to everything, I mean you can't use demons and Nephlim and things of that realm to explain things that people in Biblical times did not even know about which is UFO's.
The answer really is out of this world.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here is another link dealing with the same topic I came across recently from a different person:

www.jeffersonscott.com...

UFOs and the Christian Worldview
Most Christians don't think about UFOs.

Except for catching the occasional episode of X-Files or maybe watching the latest Independence Day wannabe, the topic of extraterrestrial life simply never comes up. If a Christian ever does think about alien intelligence, he usually believes it�s all a bunch of hooey, nothing more than a product of the lunatic fringe. �Addicts take their drugs and, poof, they see flying saucers�right next to flying skillets, flying Volkswagens, and flying walruses.�

This is what I thought, too, before I started this study.

........click on link for more

www.jeffersonscott.com...

Take it for whatever it is worth

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

I have watched Chuck Missler's video and have privately researched the topic...
...and I am qualified to evaluate his use of biblical and extra-biblical history.

I think Chuck Missler is very careful in his presentation of the contemporary and historical 'evidence' for his position...
...there is much more that he could have said...
...but he has chosen to rely on mainstream contemporary sources...
...to appeal to sound exegesis of the biblical manuscripts...
...and scholarly reviews of extra-biblical historical sources.

He openly discloses what he considers 'opinion' and the varacity of opposing or alternative views.

I think anyone with an interest in this area should at least listen to what he has to say...
...even if only to be aware of the range of discussion about this phenomena...
...and to be prepared to shift focus should his analysis be correct.

new topics

top topics

join