It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I live in the Portland-metro area in Oregon, and over the last two years I have been noticing many small, low flying craft in the nights.

Most are smaller that commercial craft, use blue and red lights, and stay much lower than a travel craft.

I have always figured that these were just police craft-as I know that our state police force uses aircraft to monitor speeds on the highways, for fish and wildlife purposes, and for drug enforcement.
www.oregon.gov...

Then I saw this today
www.stevequayle.com...
and something dawned on me...

am I seeing unmanned drone spycraft? It Has long been assumed that these would eventually be used in america-they are used nearly everywhere else.

The west coast has major marijuana growing operations going on-and the number that are getting busted is rising quickly. Again, is this the work of drone aircraft?

I'd love to know if anyone has any proof if they are or arent being used domestically.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I offer no proof but I think your theory is viable. It wouldnt surprise me at all if they were using thermal imaging to find grow houses.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The original unarmed version of the Predator is (I believe) operating along the borders, with ICE. The Global Hawk was offered as well, but I think only NASA is using it, outside the military.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The original unarmed version of the Predator is (I believe) operating along the borders, with ICE.

I believe they accidentally crashed it...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
this is a good post. i like it mutchly

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Drones are definitely in use along the borders, and vehicular based thermal imaging has been common in law enforcement for some time. They typically use vans or helicopters, but a Drone is the logical next step!

Very scary times we live in.

For all you CS Survivalists.....what the h*ll can a person do about this? I know all the theories on beating thermal imaging, but if they can find and target the small groups of Taliban in Afghanistan, a vast and rugged terrain, and people who are trained from a 50+ year struggle in avoiding the occupying forces overwhelming numbers and technology, then how do us normal citizens stand a chance against it in a SHTF scenario???

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have been noticing relatively low-flying (10,000-15,000 ft) in the past two months here in eastern PA. Red and white lights on the wingtips, flying in a straight line. The odd thing is, no engine noise, when on the same nights I can hear the engines of passenger jets flying 10,000 ft higher.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I have been noticing relatively low-flying (10,000-15,000 ft) in the past two months here in eastern PA. Red and white lights on the wingtips, flying in a straight line. The odd thing is, no engine noise, when on the same nights I can hear the engines of passenger jets flying 10,000 ft higher.

Sound VERY similar to the ones I have been seeing. Bit larger than a cesna style, a lot smaller than commercials.

They tend to stay inside the city area, as well....

Also, at least here in oregon, heat imaging for drugs is not lawful anymore....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I offer no proof but I think your theory is viable. It wouldnt surprise me at all if they were using thermal imaging to find grow houses.

Well, that's old news. The police in typical "hot spots" have thermal imaging attached to helicopters and make regular sweeps of areas that are suspected of being grow areas/houses. That's nothing new at all.

Its also nothing new to state that the UAV's are being used in the U.S. I have no credible link to back up that claim, only just a memory of reading an article over the summer talking about how the military regularly uses UAV's in U.S. skies for a number of reasons, anywhere from tests to assisting federal law enforcement (ie, FBI) in high profile cases that require that sort of surveillance.

It certainly wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for the DEA to ask for assistance from the military to track grow houses, but I honestly doubt it, simply because helicopters can be just as effective. The houses they're going after can't just "close up shop" real quick when they hear the whirling blades of a helicopter.

Assuming UAV's are being used for practical reasons in U.S. skies, I'm sure its for something else less mundane than pot growers.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Star and Flag. I have been wondering what those aircraft are, but not enough to worry about it. Hope you get more info, I am sure you will here.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Undoubtedly.

According to a friend (and friend of said friend) who saw one here in New Zealand, they also use disc technology, about 50-70cm wide flying discs, not terrifically big but enough to shuttle recording, flight and transmission equipment around. Based out of industrial warehouses... Silent and easily concealable behind a tree, like the one attempting to which he saw come in at almost instant speed and stop behind the tree to position. It was supposedly infront of me but due to higher angle of seating plus car roof meant I couldn't see it. I could only feel something at the time but was not sure of what it was. For me it was a 'being watched' plus close powerline field feeling but different - so coroborated at least 'something' being there for me.

Perhaps the greys recon disc design and ours are very close together with a tech sharing agreement.

[edit on 14/12/09 by GhostR1der]

top topics

join