It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi attacks Yemen

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
china already has african oil. Here's my 0.02. Isreal attacks Iran, Iran retaliates, U.S jumps in. China dumps US dollars to by gold, crushing the US economic recovery, political will for war in the US will tank.

Haven't gotten further than that.

Trying to work in economic attacks into the war-game.

IMHO. India buying 200 tonnes of gold might have helped the US,if China would have bought all 400 tonnes of gold with US currency, it would have collapsed the dollar. Also, China doesn't like playing second fiddle, and doesn't want to pay more than the Indians did.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yeah that India gold deal was fishy. Think the US sold it to them so they would agree to keep Pak at bay when the Iran thing gets started?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
A very interesting "pay it forward" idea. India has the might to keep Pak in check and secure any nukes from getting to Al-Q. that would secure the western Iranian border.

I think the only hope for avoiding some kind of 'hot' war is if the Iranian people can over-throw the current regime.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Little secret about India. They have more gold than anyone imagines. Undisclosed mines. Huge black market once in 24 ct gold under market value.

Much exchanging off the record in the region.

Personal feeling is gold will not pan out in the long run. Jewellery biz not what it was. Better precious metals to invest in.

Silver went through a spasm 30 years ago. Different circumstances with market manipulation. Most lost their shirts.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
A very interesting "pay it forward" idea. India has the might to keep Pak in check and secure any nukes from getting to Al-Q. that would secure the western Iranian border.

I think the only hope for avoiding some kind of 'hot' war is if the Iranian people can over-throw the current regime.

AQ already has nukes. Daniel Pearl was on his way to prove that the ISI and AQ were one. Then well.... his head was detached from his body... and well... Kalid Shiek Mohammed had to move to an ISI safe house before deals were made with the traitor Musharrif to turn his hairy asss over to us which spawned a plot to fly a plane into Gitmo to kill the secrets of AQ Khan the nuclear scientist who birthed the nukes of Islam... but that's not important right now.

The gold thing and India is interesting. Gold inflates, India buys in, same scheme that happened to Saudi in the 70's (Jane Fonda movie) and then oil was readily available to us for many years following. If India does have reserves and many willing to undergo the mercury poisoning to extract it then yes, it will inflate to odd proportions. So what's the resource we are gleaning from India? Regional protection for 30 years? Geographically that makes sense since Australia has loyalties elsewhere. Pump up a willing India with weapons in exchange for gold... sounds like a winning plan.

Now I see ME famine more clearly. If we can avoid the sleepers in Canada and the US it wouldn't be too bad. Those that were in place for 10 years have scrambled so that's a good thing. The Lockerbie mastermind in Libya is making new bigger groups thanks to the UK. But will they be ready?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
Silver went through a spasm 30 years ago. Different circumstances with market manipulation. Most lost their shirts.

But what about the need for silver in electronics. There's a shortage... or is there?

Oh mmiicchael, I would like to have you for a little while in my torture chamber and pick your brain. You're fun.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
We also need to consider the almost exponential rise in violence in Pakistan. The scale of bombings and shootings in this country has reached an unprecedented scale in 2009. Also, there is a new bogeyman in this country, i.e Pakistani Taliban. And finally, there has been a significant surge in US black Ops activity in this nation.

www.nation.com.pk...

To add to the suspicion, Sargodha is also a place where apparently, air deliverable nuclear warheads are assembled.

www.nti.org...

Are the black ops planning a massive false flag? Maybe Iran is a distraction... The new front might be opened elsewhere?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

False flag... the concept isn't the same as it was in WWII and Vietnam. Tricking the American public isn't necessary.
The enemy isn't dumb anymore. Our technology has increased and we use different methods now, much more sophisticated and fun.

Rise in violence in Pakistan... ummmm... not really. It's always been there. Hindu Kush, Kashmir... many others.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Looks like the new energy sanctions approved by U.S congress against Iran is already fizzling out. Iranian government is saying that these sanctions won't affect them. So what can be more crippling in terms of sanctions..? Naval blockade? But that would be the last straw for war... It is increasingly getting clear that the day of reckoning for Israel and perhaps the USA has finally arrived... Whether to accept a nuclear Iran and its allies (read China and Russia) as the new overt power players in ME, or do the unthinkable and unleash hell.

One might even read Obama's nobel prize acceptance speech as a subtle psyop intended to condition the sheeple for the upcoming events that are planned.This was one of the rare occasions where the peace prize winner chose to justify war in his acceptance speech...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Heh. Just read this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Lockerbie on the loose.
Party time.
I won't be flying anywhere anytime soon... but a whole bunch of people will be in the next few weeks. 2010 is it, right on schedule.

So are the Brits really that dumb to lose track of this guy? Even though they stuck a microchip up his bum, the enemy isn't stupid. It's like Keystone cops. Gotta love the Brits and their honor code system. Blunder is certainly not honorable.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

But what about the need for silver in electronics. There's a shortage... or is there?

Oh mmiicchael, I would like to have you for a little while in my torture chamber and pick your brain. You're fun.

Thanks for the compliment Jjay. I have a buddy heavily into S&M, he'd be happy to volunteer.

Silver used for electronics but not as much now. Use for film process is all but gone. So supply more than meets demand.

Silver dollars and half dollars, at one time even quarter, were real silver. Copper centres since around 1962. Notice they are no longer circulated except as collectibles. Maybe melted down when metal price exceeded face value.

A big crisis with gold earlier this year. Certificate bearers walking into banks and insisting on taking physical possession of bars of gold. Of course they were always being bluffed. There isn't enough gold in the system to deliver to everyone. Some scrambling around between banks to meet the need.

Haven't tracked it. Assume they're being handed another piece of paper instead of their gold.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Thanks for the compliment Jjay. I have a buddy heavily into S&M, he'd be happy to volunteer.

Silver used for electronics but not as much now. Use for film process is all but gone. So supply more than meets demand.

Silver dollars and half dollars, at one time even quarter, were real silver. Copper centres since around 1962. Notice they are no longer circulated except as collectibles. Maybe melted down when metal price exceeded face value.

A big crisis with gold earlier this year. Certificate bearers walking into banks and insisting on taking physical possession of bars of gold. Of course they were always being bluffed. There isn't enough gold in the system to deliver to everyone. Some scrambling around between banks to meet the need.

Haven't tracked it. Assume they're being handed another piece of paper instead of their gold.

Oh come on, I wouldn't hurt you that much... unless you want me to. ;-)

Looks like I wasted money buying grams and ounces of silver, gold and copper to use in my MadMax scenerio. Damnn. So where's the real safe havens?
The natives gave Blackbeard all the pearls he wanted because they kept the little purple part of the oyster shell which was way more important. As did the Incas when fronting gold to protect the jade. But were they really distracting from the mother grapevine which is the real secret? Oh the old stories from the Silk Route... those were the days!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Looks like I wasted money buying grams and ounces of silver, gold and copper to use in my MadMax scenerio. Damnn. So where's the real safe havens?

The natives gave Blackbeard all the pearls he wanted because they kept the little purple part of the oyster shell which was way more important. As did the Incas when fronting gold to protect the jade. But were they really distracting from the mother grapevine which is the real secret?

Thinking back now gold, then $35 an oz, was taken off the standard in 1971 to save Italy from bankruptcy. It was about time anyway. Tons of gold jewelery out there with no new customers.

My father once had a scrap metal business. He got a contract to haul away some 19th Century grain elevators. Everyone thought the silos were lined with brass. He later found out they had used gold. It doesn't tarnish!

Some really high demand minerals and metals with new technologies.
Rare metals like lithium and magnesium. Potash too. Uranium will go through the roof with finite availability.

M

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Some really high demand minerals and metals with new technologies.
Rare metals like lithium and magnesium. Potash too. Uranium will go through the roof with finite availability.

So Iran doesn't really want nuclear energy for power or bombs, they want the commodity as currency? That's an interesting angle.
Australia and North America hold the highest uranium reserve. The Stans, India, China and Brazil also in the news... have alot too. That's interesting. Would explain why those Chinese uranium traders on the plane from Brazil crashed into the ocean a few months back.

And Islam's real goal is to stop technology advancements, which are evil. hmmmm.

I'm still going to invest in Coors Light as the commodity of the future.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Here's some interesting news on the topic:
“The Gulf monetary union pact has come into effect,” said Kuwait’s finance minister, Mustafa al-Shamali, speaking at a Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) summit in Kuwait."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

One currency is another step toward reformation of the Caliphate... phase 4 underway.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Party time.
"Yemen's Houthi fighters say the US fighter jets have launched 28 attacks on the northwestern province of Sa'ada.

The US has used modern fighter jets and bombers in its offensive against the Yemen fighters, Houthis said in a statement."
www.presstv.ir...

WTF?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So Iran doesn't really want nuclear energy for power or bombs, they want the commodity as currency? That's an interesting angle.

Iran initially thought going nuclear would buy them Muslim world street cred, be a deterrent to Israel & US. And good for their image.

As I recall, yellowcake (refined uranium oxide) was going for $10-15 a pound for the longest time. Prices shot up 2005 as Iran started buying it up reaching $135 mid-2007. Leveled off since to something like $40 a pound.

Uranium is usually bought long-term. Odd market now as the wind down of the Cold War brought Soviet inventories into the marketplace.

Simultaneously Jane Fonda, Greenpeace wr al convinced many nuclear energy was bad for the environment, life on the planet, etc. A serious rethink foing on these days.

Mining will go into full gear as energy demands increase, countries decide it's worth the problems and risks. There will be a short term glut for a couple years. When the dust settles, prices will skyrocket.

Uranium is a great investment long term. Iranians helped it by paying 4 times the going rate to the Russians. Why Russia is so protective of it's best customer.

But as a volatile market product it can be jump started by fear more than supply and demand. I doubt Iranians think in terms of Uranium as an investment strategy, but it would work.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Just thought you might find this interesting news...

Share |

Last update - 03:51 17/12/2009

Obama told China: I can't stop Israel strike on Iran indefinitely

By Barak Ravid and Natasha Mozgovaya, Haaretz Correspondents

Tags: Iran nuclear, U.S.-China

U.S. President Barack Obama has warned his Chinese counterpart that the United States would not be able to keep Israel from attacking Iranian nuclear installations for much longer, senior officials in Jerusalem told Haaretz.

They said Obama warned President Hu Jintao during the American's visit to Beijing a month ago as part of the U.S. attempt to convince the Chinese to support strict sanctions on Tehran if it does not accept Western proposals for its nuclear program.

The Israeli officials, who asked to remain anonymous due to the sensitivity of the matter, said the United States had informed Israel on Obama's meetings in Beijing on Iran. They said Obama made it clear to Hu that at some point the United States would no longer be able to prevent Israel from acting as it saw fit in response to the perceived Iranian threat.
Advertisement

After the Beijing summit, the U.S. administration thought the Chinese had understood the message; Beijing agreed to join the condemnation of Iran by the International Atomic Energy Agency only a week after Obama's visit. But in the past two weeks the Chinese have maintained their hard stance regarding the West's wishes to impose sanctions on the Islamic Republic.

The Israeli officials say the Americans now understand that the Chinese agreed to join the condemnation announcement only because Obama made a personal request to Hu, not as part of a policy change.

The Chinese have even refused a Saudi-American initiative designed to end Chinese dependence on Iranian oil, which would allow China to agree to the sanctions, said the Israeli officials.

Saudi Arabia, which is also very worried about the Iranian nuclear program and keen to advance international steps against Iran, offered to supply the Chinese the same quantity of oil the Iranians now provide, and at much cheaper prices. But China rejected the deal.

Since Obama's visit, the Chinese have refused to join any measures to impose sanctions. The Israeli officials say the Chinese have been giving unclear answers and have not been responding to the claims by Western nations. Beijing has been making do with statements such as "the time has not yet arrived for sanctions."

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Israel has been itching for awhile. It won't be long. But the plan of retaliation is still closely guarded. I suspect Iran/AQ/Saudi will release cells, including Lockerbie and it's quite possible that some will slip through our defenses.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Let's pretend Israel plans to do a One-Two and cripple Iran's nuclear program with a series of rapid surgical drops on selected targets.

They would only do it when they could catch the Bad Guys with their pants down. Like when they launched Cast Lead. They sent out messages they had something planned for early in the coming week so the Pals thought they had a weekend grace period. Then Bingo!

For the current plan, Israel would send out signals they are ready to move on Iran. Tension would mount, Syria, Hamas, Hezbie would move into position. The US would put out double-talk as if they didn't care.

But the Israelis would not budge.

After a while Iranians would would conclude they had scared off the Evil Zionists or that it was a false alarm. Tension would wind down. Things would return to normal.

That's when Israel hits them.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by mmiichael]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join