It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are guns in our future?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BlindWatcher1

I'd offer to you BlindWatcher, that you really don't know anything about Wotan's experience. I think it's a blind stab in the dark you make to characterize this ATS member.

Remember, friend, that heroes are not always pistol-packin'-mammas. People do tough jobs for little thanks and keep doing it because they give a crap.

I urge you to simply disagree, rather than insult. I will extend you the same courtesy, not knowing what you've been through. It's a far more profound statement that is toward what you feel than against those beliefs of another.

all best!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Since you don't know anything about me,I will clue you in.
Some is bravado behind a computer screen,but very little.
My country still has a constitution and bill of rights.
There are millions in this country who are armed and I'm one of them.
I am not going to go down without a fight(not pc bravado)FACT!
I am a mother and grandmother,I will do whatever has to be done
to protect my children and grandchildren(not pc bravado)FACT!
I pray to God that I never have to shoot anyone.If I do point my
weapon at anyone,I will shoot(not pc bravado)FACT!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Thanks Argentus for the support.

For anyones' information, I am NOT anti-gun par se. Being from the UK, I just do not see the reasoning behind owning them apart from sporting/hunting purposes.

Please remember, those of you from the US, that the UK and most of Europe have never had the gun culture that the US has, so to us, we find it amusing and quite unbelievable at the same time. I think it is probably because of history, that it has taken Europe and the US down different paths when it comes to ownership of firearms, thus transforming our psyches'.

As a heads-up, I am ex-forces, I am now a Registered Nurse and I currently work as a NHS Nurse in a medium security Prison. If a gun ban was brought in now instead of a few years ago, I still would have no choice but to hand them in, otherwise I would lose my job and my career as both organisations I work for are Government Agencies.

In my experience, most people are law abiding citizens and just hope to get through their lives without attracting the attention of the law. That is why I say, that if a gun-ban was brought in (in whatever form) most people would grumble and not be too happy about it, but nevertheless would still hand in their guns.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

I have to agree with you there.I would probably hide mine somewhere.
I already know that my husband would turn his in.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join