It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are guns in our future?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
We all know that gun control equals population control.Our government seems
determined to sign away american rights.If international treaties, on gun control,
are signed into law.Our citizens could be subjected to the same gun control laws
of foreign countries.

These treaties could be signed into law without our knowledge.WE,could get that
4:00a.m. call from a relative,or neighbor, that the law is confiscating all firearms
and ammunition.It is easy to say,from the comfort of our homes,we will fight it.
How would you fight back? Will you take up arms to protect your rights against
those that took them away,knowing that you could be killed or imprisoned?Would
you relinquish all your firearms and ammunition,leaving your family unprotected?

We could be facing these scenarios in the very near future.How can we hide our
firearms and ammunition from the authorities?If you bury them,how can you do
so safely?How can you keep them from being detected?

I feel we will be at war soon within our own borders.I think the time to train ourselves is now.A new year will be upon us soon.I am making a resolution to
get myself fit and healthy.I will continue to practice shooting my firearm and into
improving my aim.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hang on now... are you suggesting that intermational treaties trump our own Constitution? I don't believe that our Constitutional rights can be negotiated away by anyone under any circumstances. The Constitution is where the proverbial buck stops.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Guns are my past, present AND future! International treaties do not trump the Constitution, regardless of what are cowardly politicians think. If they beg to differ, there are 230 Million firearms with citizens standing behind them that will fight them on this. I hope to God that they are not stupid enough to doubt that!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
An email was sent to the pastor of my church and he forwarded it to
all church members.
An article from washinton(reuters).U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade.I don't know if this is true or not,but this could be
in the near future.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The moment those idiots try to take guns away from Americans...is the moment all Hell breaks loose.

I really do not think anyone who is working for the government that would be tasked with doing the job would follow that order anyway. That is if they have any sense at all.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I feel we will be sold out and our constitution will be null and void.
How can you hide firearms and ammo if this does happen?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Arms trade. Guns being marketed outside US borders. That makes sense doesn't it? The UN is trying to get some control of international arms sales and dealers. That has nothing to do with our 2nd amendment rights.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

How would you fight back?

I believe any fighting back has to be done BEFORE any decision is made to "take" peoples guns. Fighting after the decision will only go against you in the propaganda machine.

While we still have our guns, it is important that we as gun holders educate the ignorant. Share stories where a firearm has saved the day. You know the news stories that a burglar was breaking into the home and a old lady used the gun to save her life or something.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

She's quite right! Treaties override our Constitution, period. Sorry to say but that's the truth. As for them getting my guns they can have them when I can no longer shoot. There has been much scuttlebutt about the US signing on to the UN small arms control treaty. Not sure I believe it but they just might be that stupid as to sign it. We'll find out soon enough one way or the other.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by kozmo

I feel we will be sold out and our constitution will be null and void.
How can you hide firearms and ammo if this does happen?

They make various kinds of boxes and tubes that can hold guns and then be buried. What you don't plan on using could be stashed away for later use that way. I don't plan on surrendering ANY of my firearms, that;s for dang sure!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I won't give up my guns either,but my husband would.He asked me a
question and I'm not sure how to answer.If the law comes over and tries
to take your guns and ammo away,could you shoot a police officer?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I really doubt that the government is going to take our guns.I mean honestly how would they come and confiscate weapons from every single american that has one?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

Not to mention the plethora of guns they dont know are owned by who. Registration is a very new concept and isnt enacted in most of the U.S. nor is it followed up when there is a private sale exchange.

They wouldnt go around knocking on everyone's door. Maybe in areas where people are densely populated like cities they could manage such an operation but to search and inspect every rural home would require a ridiculously massive force.

The more realistic scenario is get us to turn them in. Guns for food. Guns for jobs. Guns for the return of family members. And so on.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Guns are out dated. I want a death ray. If an intruder invades my house I want to make him disapear forever no body ,or blood to clean up. If the government comes after we the people, we will need more than guns. It is time to dust off the science books.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
I want a death ray. If an intruder invades my house I want to make him disapear forever no body ,or blood to clean up. If the government comes after we the people, we will need more than guns. It is time to dust off the science books.

That would be a tall order with *lots* of power involved.

Having said that, you might get an acceptable home defense tool using magnetrons from microwave ovens. For the sake of argument, you could create a waveguide to add the outputs of five or ten 1,000 magnetrons. Such a beast would put a serious dent in a home invasion scheme.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There have been several instances of this happening on a smaller scale in the past. During the post-Katrina cleanup/rescue effort, National Guard and local LEO's were instructed to confiscate weapons from everyone remaining in the area. Many of these people chose to stay in their dry, undamaged homes to protect their belongings from looters remaining in the city. They were in no danger until the NG showed up and disarmed them.

More closer to home (for me at least), the same thing happened in Greensburg, KS after a tornado nearly destroyed the town in 2007
Read about it here

These people were forced to disarm just at the time when they needed it most.

That being said though I don't foresee the Fed enacting some type of national gun confiscation any time soon. Especially right now. Americans are for the most part really, really fed up with the Fed right now and any attempt to disarm us all would result in a massive revolt, no doubt about that.

However if SHTF, in terms of some nation-wide catastrophe or natural disaster, economic breakdown on a national level, I think the Fed will swoop in immediately and disarm everyone they can in an effort to gain control of the situation. Just like Katrina and Greensburg, there will be no checking first to see if you're legally armed, they'll just take the guns away from everyone.

In regards to hiding your guns there are several options depending on how extreme you want to get. 2-3 rifles and ammo can fit inside a 5' long section of 6" PVC pipe, you can put endcaps on both ends and bury it in your yard. Make sure the guns are CLEAN and well-oiled before you put them in, maybe toss a few dessicant packs in there, they'll last for years, maybe even decades buried underground.

The downside is they don't do you much good buried in your back yard.

Hidden well inside your home would probably work in a disaster situation such as Katrina where the NG decided to come in and disarm everyone. They won't have time to bring in dogs or do a thorough search. Buried inside loose insulation in your attic, hidden in a crawlspace, or inside dead space between sheetrock would work fine IMO.

Most states do not require any form of gun registration. Truth be told the BATF has no idea who owns how many guns. Yes, if you ever purchased a gun at a sporting goods store, you had to fill out a form 4473 and the ATF knows about that. But it's perfectly legal, in almost all states, for you to turn around and sell that gun to a friend, relative, or even a stranger via classified ad in the newspaper days, weeks or years later with no paper trail involved. If the ATF ever asks you about the XX model gun you bought at Cabela's two years ago, all you have to say is "Yeah I sold that to some guy in the paper" and that's perfectly legitimate.

The 2nd Amendment is the most important part of our Constitution. It is the amendment that protects all others. If they take our guns away, we have no longer have the means to protect our other rights.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mortimer452

Thank-you very much for your contribution to my thread.We need to
work together to wake people up.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
guns will always be apart of America's future always has been and when someone tries to take that away it will not be a good day for those people.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

One of these days we will be under martial law,the constitution will be
null and void!WAKE UP!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I doubt it, that will constitute a civil war, but i believe these days the majority of the nation is ready for it if it comes. We all have it in us and when the time comes you will find it in you. I'm glad Oath Keepers is growing largely and spreading fast through the military, police force, and other officer branches getting prepared for just such a case if it comes into play.

Lets all hope not though

[edit on 18-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join