It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEQUILAsunrise - AKA Norway Spiral - Proof it was a scientific experiment.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtfhuh
The heater so far has only produced visual effects in the ionosphere at a range of 150-300km straight up.

These optic effects can not be seen by eye and need to use various instruments to capture.

I believe the technical name for it is "HF pumped enhanced airglow"

Thank you for that PDF...

You have just provided very convincing evidence that it was the EISCAT facility that made the spiral...

From the abstract in your link:

docs.google.com... HIEtb

The EISCAT high-frequency (HF) transmitter facility at Ramfjord, Norway, has been used to accelerate F-region electrons sufficiently to excite the oxygen atoms and nitrogen molecules, resulting in optical emissions at 630, 557.7 and 427.8 nm. During O-mode transmissions at 5.423 MHz, using 630 MW effective radiated power, in the hours after sunset on 12 November 2001 several new observations were made, including: (1) The first high-latitude observation of an HF induced optical emission at 427.8 nm and (2) Optical rings being formed at HF on followed by their collapse into a central blob. Both discoveries remain unexplained with current theories.

Now, that description from the 2001 experiment exactly describes what was seen 12/9/09, does it not? Do you not find it curious that the exact same optical discovery that they made 8 years ago all of a sudden happens very near their facility? You have to know that they've been working on this, right? As far as the altitude and being able to see them goes, what makes you think that they haven't made any advances in creating these spirals since 1999?

[edit on 14/12/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If this were the result of this "heating", the visible light if enough power were used would not be blue in the first place. It would go from green at lower altitudes to red as it encountered atomic oxygen at the higher altitudes.

The minimum height for any visual indication would be at over 100km. There would be no blue, it would go from green at 100km to red when approaching 200 km.

Some info.

As evidence, there are no blue auroras.

[edit on 12/14/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Since the experiment was started after the spiral was already over, it would be pretty hard to assume what you have. Did you read the thread?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dneudecker

And of course, if he said "Yeah! We did it. Cool huh?" you would believe him. Right.

What's the point in asking if you don't believe the answer you didn't want to get?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Since the experiment was started after the spiral was already over, it would be pretty hard to assume what you have. Did you read the thread?

Of course I did but you must not have because the spiral did not occur after the experiment was over...

I guess I should restate that... we don't know when the experiment was performed just that it was scheduled from 7:00 am to 10:00 am...

[edit on 14/12/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by danman23

I emailed Dr. Antti Kero and the Tequila Sunrise experiment has nothing to do with the Norway Spiral. His reply to me is below:

Dear XXXXX ,

Thanks for your question and interest.

The famous spiral light was caused by a failed Russian military rocket 10 minutes before my radar experiment.
Obviously, our study had no connection to the rocket which came as a surprise for all of us in EISCAT. The purpose
of my radar run was (and still is the next few days) to study the effect of Geminids meteor showers to
the mesosphere in the polar sunrise conditions.

Best regards,
Dr. Antti Kero
Principal investigator of the TEQUILA sunrise project

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dneudecker

Look, I admit that I loved the work put into the presentation of this thread. It was great. And I found it to be a pretty interesting theory. But I'm not about to start calling everyone and their grandmother a liar so I can continue to support the theory.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amance

Oh great. Now the poor guy is getting flooded with emails.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Those aren't the same effects.
The spiral in question here didn't collapse inward. It expanded outward.

Edit to add - Also, they weren't rings. It was a spiral.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
If this were the result of this "heating", the visible light if enough power were used would not be blue in the first place. It would go from green at lower altitudes to red as it encountered atomic oxygen at the higher altitudes.

The minimum height for any visual indication would be at over 100km. There would be no blue, it would go from green at 100km to red when approaching 200 km.

Some info.

As evidence, there are no blue auroras.

[edit on 12/14/2009 by Blaine91555]

Some may argue that the spiral is pretty close in color to an Aurora. *shrug*

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c882f11c582.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by amance
reply to post by danman23

I emailed Dr. Antti Kero and the Tequila Sunrise experiment has nothing to do with the Norway Spiral. His reply to me is below:

Dear XXXXX ,

Thanks for your question and interest.

The famous spiral light was caused by a failed Russian military rocket 10 minutes before my radar experiment.
Obviously, our study had no connection to the rocket which came as a surprise for all of us in EISCAT. The purpose
of my radar run was (and still is the next few days) to study the effect of Geminids meteor showers to
the mesosphere in the polar sunrise conditions.

Best regards,
Dr. Antti Kero
Principal investigator of the TEQUILA sunrise project

Yeah, I guess he would be surprised that a ?rocket? would produce the exact same results as their 2001 experiment...
That would surprise me too!

docs.google.com...

During O-mode transmissions at 5.423 MHz, using 630 MW effective radiated power, in the hours after sunset on 12 November 2001 several new observations were made, including: (1) The first high-latitude observation of an HF induced optical emission at 427.8 nm and (2) Optical rings being formed at HF on followed by their collapse into a central blob. Both discoveries remain unexplained with current theories.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm sure in some of the emails from people... especially quite a few from ATS will probably call him a "Dis-info Agent"...

Unfortunate, for an occurrence that can be explained so easily... I wouldn't be surprised if there was a new thread on his email letter starting up here on ATS now...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think we should ALL email him. And demand answers!
I'm going to.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

After reading ATS for years, I have decided we have come to the tipping point!
There are now MORE people involved in covering up and conspiring than those not! Soon, everyone on the planet will be covering up some sinister plot by somebody.
First you guys come up with aliens, wormholes and who knows what. Then it becomes EISCAT, but when EISCAY says they didn't do it then THEY are part of the plot.
It's gone beyond silly, It was a failed missle launch!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Those aren't the same effects.
The spiral in question here didn't collapse inward. It expanded outward.

Edit to add - Also, they weren't rings. It was a spiral.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by JayinAR]

The pictures look to me like rings... yeah, I know, I know... shutter speed and all that but still... As far as the collapsing goes, I certainly could be wrong here but, I thought that it collapsed into the blob. In any case, you don't find it very interesting that the same effects "discovered" in 2001 and admittedly being experimented on by the EISCAT facility just seems to happen near the facility?? I do...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was just joking about him telling the truth or not. Honestly, I'm still on the fence regarding this whole thing. I just hadn't seen anyone say that they tried contacting EISCAT and I just thought it was worth a shot.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I too believe it was a missile launch.
I'm still not convinced that it was a failure though.
Then again, I didn't read the entire saga that is the original thread, though.
Maybe Phage (
) figured it all out.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

After reading ATS for years, I have decided we have come to the tipping point!
There are now MORE people involved in covering up and conspiring than those not! Soon, everyone on the planet will be covering up some sinister plot by somebody.
First you guys come up with aliens, wormholes and who knows what. Then it becomes EISCAT, but when EISCAY says they didn't do it then THEY are part of the plot.
It's gone beyond silly, It was a failed missle launch!

You haven't seen me advancing any theories involving sinister plots or aliens... It's just that the rocket story just doesn't add up to me and I'm looking for something that does... You should be too unless the rocket story explains it perfectly for you. If it does, then perfect! Great for you... but as for me it doesn't, so....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I emailed that guy Antti, who personally confirmed to me that his experiment started 10 mins after the spiral occurred.

---

Dear xxxxx,

Thanks for your note & interest.

Yes, I have received quite a lot of questions concerning this
famous spiral, which was caused by a failed Russian rocket
10 minutes before my radar experiment. Obviously, our radar
run had no connection whatsoever to the rocket which came
a surprise for all of us.

About the cospiracy theory pages, I've seen them and in my mind
they belong to the open world and freedom of speech. However,
I respond only to question addressed directly to me.
Such as this email.

Best regards,
Antti Kero

[edit on 14-12-2009 by seethelight]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I think, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, this is because of how the waves are formed and pumped upwards.

Even in the example you gave, they still needed various instruments to discern ANYTHING from the experiments. And in the end they can only say they are reasonably certain the event was non-thermal, or artificially induced.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join