It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is being Reborn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
As many of you have noticed there has been a marked and blessed uptick in debunkers, as well as in totally unsupported, wildly outlandish threads. This is GREAAAATTTTTTT. The influx of debunkers ensures those using the most questionable logic will be soundly and publicly spanked, and the influx of unsupported threads gives the debunkers something to debunk. Its only by seeing ignorance in action, and seeing it exposed for what it is, that we can learn to "deny ignorance". Rejoice, for every "I am an alien and as proof here is a weird poem, or link to a whack-job website offering no proof" thread, you and every other member has a chance to sharpen your logical and rational claws on the soft minded. And for those of you who think the debunkers are just "government disinfo agents", it gives you a chance to sharpen your claws against the close minded forces of the status quo.

This trend will rebirth ATS as a training ground for warriors in the information wars!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doglord
As many of you have noticed there has been a marked and blessed uptick in debunkers, as well as in totally unsupported, wildly outlandish threads. This is GREAAAATTTTTTT. The influx of debunkers ensures those using the most questionable logic will be soundly and publicly spanked, and the influx of unsupported threads gives the debunkers something to debunk. Its only by seeing ignorance in action, and seeing it exposed for what it is, that we can learn to "deny ignorance". Rejoice, for every "I am an alien and as proof here is a weird poem, or link to a whack-job website offering no proof" thread, you and every other member has a chance to sharpen your logical and rational claws on the soft minded. And for those of you who think the debunkers are just "government disinfo agents", it gives you a chance to sharpen your claws against the close minded forces of the status quo.

This trend will rebirth ATS as a training ground for warriors in the information wars!

I agree btw why are skeptics here? Dont they have there own forums?
if i am not mistaken they got like 3 forums on the net.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Oh come one, what fun is a conspiracy without a skeptic? If anything, Skeptics help us sharpen our game =)
We are all skeptics and believers one way or another.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
mistake

[edit on 14-12-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doglord
As many of you have noticed there has been a marked and blessed uptick in debunkers, as well as in totally unsupported, wildly outlandish threads.

its all in the eyes of the beholder i guess.

because i don't see any 'Debunkers', or even Skeptics...
i read ideas by the 'Critical Thinkers'
and these critical thinkers are on both sides of the aisle,

pragmatists and dreamers

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

I had a feeling someone was going to post a thread like this.

I agree with you mate, these debunkers and idiots that think they are debunkers being active on ATS is like having a "sparring" fight in boxing. Plenty of practice, plenty of information - It makes it easier for everyone to understand how dis/mis/information works and allows people to see which are debunkers from the common public and which are counterintelligence agents from various different agencies.

S&F

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

So, a newbie, being here only a month thinks he/she knows what's best for us?

[edit on 14-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

He may have only been registered recently, that does not make any difference at all. I recently just joined ATS, but I have been a fan for nearly 10 years and have read the articles maybe even before you. My point is, nobody in ATS is a noob because we all come from different fields mate. For all you know the OP could be a 50 year old researcher that has been researching for decades.

Your post actually breaks ATS ToS, the "one liners" that contribute nothing.

EDIT: This is not any personal attack towards you, I am just saying I found your post very childish for a member from 2003.

[edit on 14/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Doglord

So, a newbie, being here only a month thinks he/she knows what's best for us?

I've been lurking here since John Titor was new.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Sadly, the OP is recruiting, which is against T&C. Secondly, I remember reading and researching on ATS when it was just Simon Gray (1997?)

Finally, this is another spawn of the countless threads appearing from new members that "we must take up arms"

A phrase taken directly from infowars.com....my advice to the OP is to keep away from Jones if he wants to find the truth. Don't believe everything on infowars.com

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

And?

Have you guys ever spared a thought that your ridiculous witch hunt might be benefiting a third party? Blaming random members for simply having a different view? Someone is enjoying these threads..

Government disinfo agents don't need to sign up, these thread do a great job is splitting the membership.

Think in future

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It's interesting that you used the word 'spank' as a metaphorical means of presenting an opposing point of view. I think the problem is that those who do not need to resort to verbal violence to make a point find critical judgment mixed with extreme emotion unpalatable. Some of the greatest minds I've ever encountered are here on ATS. I'm impressed and learn something new everyday. However, the members I respect the most are the ones who are able to present an intelligent point in an astute way without bias and mud-slinging. Debunkers are absolutely essential in filtering through all the presuppositions and getting to the bottom of the truth. However, there's a civilized way of presenting information that promotes thoughtful intercourse and an uncivilized way that closes minds and ends discussions.

I've read several posts lately where new members talk about finally getting up the courage to post and who mention their fear of being attacked. This makes me sad because I wonder about all the new information and experiences that could be presented here that we might never get to know about because the people who have this information are too frightened to present it for fear of ridicule.

Due to the very nature of the topics that we discuss here, this forum will draw some fruity people and wild claims. The trick is how to handle those claims. Every time that we make a post, we are sending the message that we value that topic enough to use what little time we have to create a post and attach ourselves to the discussion. Before you decide to post on the 'I'm an alien' threads, decide whether or not those threads are worthy of your thoughts and time. Threads are buried quickly around here, and the ones that get the most input are the ones that keep rising to the top. An irrational thread topic will get buried quickly and die if we let it. The key is 'if we let it'.

That's my 2 cents, and the last that I'm going to say about these kinds of subjects. Please take a deep breath, relax, and try to have the best day possible. Peace.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

A reason why I only post in RATS. No point sharing any information with general members, it is not appreciated and nobody is up for an intelligent debate.

Back in 2003/04 literally everyone would take part in a major thread. Even the administrators would join in.

ATS was brilliant back then.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

reply to post by the_denv

Sadly, the OP is recruiting, which is against T&C. Secondly, I remember reading and researching on ATS when it was just Simon Gray (1997?)

Finally, this is another spawn of the countless threads appearing from new members that "we must take up arms"

A phrase taken directly from infowars.com....my advice to the OP is to keep away from Jones if he wants to find the truth. Don't believe everything on infowars.com

I take my words back
Your the first person Ive seen mention Simon Solo in a long time
The dial up days

Okay infinite, you are right. I read the OP and it came across as "a cry for help to all ATS'ers", I seemed to have overlooked the fact he actually was recruiting. Good spotting

EDIT:

ATS was brilliant back then.

I hear ya!

[edit on 14/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Have you guys ever spared a thought that your ridiculous witch hunt might be benefiting a third party? Blaming random members for simply having a different view? Someone is enjoying these threads..

witchhunt.

hmm, So in your mind,saying "opposing points of view are a good thing=Witchunt.

Interesting.

Government disinfo agents don't need to sign up, these thread do a great job is splitting the membership.

Conflict between opposing views does not hidethe truth, it illuminates it.

Think in future

Take own advice.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Okay infinite, you are right. I read the OP and it came across as "a cry for help to all ATS'ers", I seemed to have overlooked the fact he actually was recruiting. Good spotting

Recruiting? for what?

new topics

top topics

join