It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US now involved in Yemen war: US jets attack rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The US jets seem to be involved in the Yemeni fighting. If the US already has not had enough of Iraq and Afghanistan, US is now trying to launch attacks in Yemen.
The Daily Telegraph reported that US had sent it's special forces to train the Yemeni army.

US and Iran are now at a proxy war in Yemen with Iran providing support to Houthi rebels and the US using it's bombers to fight the rebels.

Yemen's Houthi fighters say the US fighter jets have launched 28 attacks on the northwestern province of Sa'ada.

The US has used modern fighter jets and bombers in its offensive against the Yemen fighters, Houthis said in a statement.

According to the statement, the US fighter jets have launched overnight attacks on the Yemeni fighters, Arabic Almenpar website reported.

The reports of the US military intervention in Yemen come as Saudi Arabia is also lending full support to the Yemeni government's crackdown on Yemen's Houthi minority.

Source: www.presstv.ir...

[edit on 14-12-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Hasn't the United States been selling bombers and fighters to Saudi Arabia? This doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but last I heard it was just the Saudi air force taking the air offensive. It could be US fighters from the Gulf or from a base in Saudi Arabia. Who knows.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Saudi Arabia flies the same F-15 as the USAF, including the F-15E (IIRC) that is the main tactical bomber of the USAF. There is no real way to tell who is flying them without seeing them up very close to see markings.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Hasn't the United States been selling bombers and fighters to Saudi Arabia? This doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but last I heard it was just the Saudi air force taking the air offensive. It could be US fighters from the Gulf or from a base in Saudi Arabia. Who knows.

Iran is helping the Houthi rebels and so the US govt is supporting the Saudis who are supporting the Yemeni govt. If Yemeni govt does not get help then Houthi rebels may attack the govt and then the govt might be out of power.

I think that is the reason that US is involved, it does not want Iran to let the Houthi rebels win.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Press TV = official Iranian government propaganda channel. Take everything they say with a very large dose of salt.

Saudi Arabia has been targeting Houthi militants at its border for several months now. This isn't really anything new.

I doubt there is any direct US involvement other than having sold the hardware to the Saudis.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

I agree the burden of proof relies on those making the accusation .... on a seperate note what happened to dooper? i liked reading his posts only thing keeping me on this site
... well that and you matt

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The rebels aren't going to know who's flying the F15's, so it could be Saudi Arabia continuing their assault.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

The rebels aren't going to know who's flying the F15's, so it could be Saudi Arabia continuing their assault.

I feel that it is not just Saudi Arabia but the US is also involved and the reason is that it does not want Iran to give support to Houthi rebels. I have been saying this in my thread, but I am not claiming that US is involved, I am only saying that it is possible that the US is involved, and this is not the first time that US is tryng to support someone whose opponents are being supported by Iran.

It is easy to say that they are Saudi Arabian planes, but you think US would stay out of it?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Why wouldn't the US stay out of a war that is unnecessary for them to get involved. Saudi airstrikes have been taking down scores of rebels for the past two weeks. I think they have it under control. This is more likely a move by Iranian media to say that the only reason the rebels are losing is because the US is around. It is a move to save face, that's it.

It is just way too hard to tell the differences between Saudi and US aircraft, unless we get reports about B2 Spirit bombers carpet bombing them, then its the more likely truth of just being the Saudis.

Saudi fighter jet, note the markings, real obvious.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

I'm feeling the love today. It must be Christmas or something

Burden of proof falls on the accuser eh... I'll remember that one next time I see some Israel bashing!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Yemeni Shi'ite rebels accused the U.S. air force on Tuesday of joining attacks against them, and killing at least 120 people in a raid in the north of the poor Arab state.

There was no immediate report of U.S. comment on the alleged incident

www.reuters.com...

new topics

top topics

join