It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[SPOILER WARNING] Movie "The Box" another movie slowly preparing the public for the truth...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I just watched the movie "The Box" and it involves a huge conspiracy involving the following:

1. NSA
2. NASA
3. CIA
4. An interdimensional alien agenda
5. Stargates

The movie takes place in Richmond VA, and the husband at the focus of the movie works for NASA. The Box is a device that is deployed via "vehicles/humans" that are programmed by a group that is more powerful than the governments of the earth. This groups agenda is to "figure out what the human potential/descructive" factors are" by going to individual households and offering couples a "choice" of getting money (1 million dollars during the ECONOMY OF 1976, the year this movie takes place) at the expense of "a life taken for another human being on your planet". Either "the group of entities" figure out that humans are NOT "service to self only" entities who will ultimately destroy each other, who will choose NOT to press the button of the box, or they will find that "these humans service to self priorities will ultimately end up killing each other in the process". The distributor of the "devices" that the couples use to let "this unknown powers that are taking over the earth" is a vehicle him self, a programmed human in his 70s. If you killed him, the "alien" powers that are above the US Government would just replace him with another human that has been programmed.

This "interdimensional" group of entities are working in cohesion with the US Government. The Government is forced to become "cooperative" with this agenda of this group of "entities". The "group of entities" have "stargates" that they have used to "access" Earth.

There is one scene where the representative of the NSA, is in a room telling NASA "We need your facilities for a PROJECT that we cannot tell you about that is important for national security." The next scene is the NSA representative talking to a human "that is programmed" by the entities. The NSA representative is asking the representative of the "visiting group of entities" why are you doing this? And things like "what is your agenda". It clearly shows in that scene that the US Government has a relationship with this "visiting group of entities" in which the US Government is "being kept in the dark" and has is powerless compared to this "visiting group of entities".

There are many scenes where there are "stargates" which the "visiting group of entities" use to keep thousands of US Citizens under some type of mind control, which causes nose bleeds on them often. The "visiting group of entities" use the mind controlled humans towards the goal of their agenda, to help with this "process of determining if humans are a bent on destroying themselves via selfish greed".

In conclusion, this movie is another added to the list of movies whose function is "to ease the population towards disclosure of the truth" that the Powers that Be on Earth have access to technology that seems like magic, including star gates, the Governments having working relationships with "visiting group of entities", that as early as the 1960s/1970s, the Government has been keeping technology secrets which includes groups like NASA and the NSA. There are a few scenes where they go into depth of the quote by Stanley Kubrick..." Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.", which as AboveTopSecret members know is that UFO/Alien techology may SEEM like Magic, but it is really technology, which is why the government will never stop trying to "back engineer" the "material that they find on alien space craft".

[edit on 14-12-2009 by theprofessionalnyc]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

write in your topic that you are releasing spoilers!

[edit on 12/14/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by theprofessionalnyc

Thank you for spoiling the film.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Stopped reading after the second line!! LOL

Thanks for the heads up but you really need to put SPOILERSS all over this one for people who dont want to read the entire moive LOL

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well I only read the start of your post in case there were spoilers...but it sounds like a very interesting movie...I'll have to check it out...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
haven't seen it, but from what you wrote that's incredibly interesting! perhaps they are also attempting to normalize the idea of 'programmed humans'

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Before people start reading this thread they might want to get some popcorn and turn off their mobile phone.

Saying that i could have stopped reading it, when i realised it was full of spoilers, but i didn't.

Still....a warning would have been nice.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
ah well i wasnt going to see the film anyway so i appreciate the spoilers. it seems they have greatly expanded upon the 1/2 hour twilight zone episode from the 80's or early 90's. as far as movies and TV goes, i find it very interesting how much fiction turns out to be truth or prophetic in some way but there are already a couple threads on that.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Was anyone that actually saw the trailer for this crapfest actually going to see the movie?

Also..

LOL@ Yet another thread about how a movie is preparing us for 'The Truth'.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I read only the first couple sentences...and ya, as mentioned...edit your post and put a big -----SPOILER BELOW----- bit

Havent even heard of this movie...but thanks for the recommendation...sounds sci-fi geeky goodness to me...will do a search to find it.

and naa...as far as "preparing the public"...the publics as prepared as its going to be...if anything, such movies are put out to dismiss claims by people. Good example is how you dismiss smurfs (dammit, they made the cartoon to hide the horrible blue truth!)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
OF course there are going to be spoilers when people describe films, after all we all know how the film titanic ends don't we, even if we haven't watched the film.
At least when people come up with a 'review' of a film at least they add a few plotlines in to whet your whistle so to speak.
At least he didn't tell you that Will Smith joins in the fight against these interdimensional aliens and kills them all off , and then gives the alien tech to the NSA so they can program a new breed of human assassins to kill off their earthly foes. OOps sorry spoiler.

I don't think I'd be too upset if someone gave the plot away, I'd still want to see the film, and I know that even for a million Dollars I wouldn't be pressing the button to end a life, only those of low moral character would press it I think , or those whose greed overwhelms their common sense or compassion, sorts out the gene pool IMO.

And of course the NSA would interact with an alien race, they want to get technology ( in the interests of 'national security of course), and of course the film seems to be another one where ALIENS ARE BAD, lets kill them all....
Mind you saying that I watched 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' and as they are coming down the ramp I started humming the 'space invaders theme'?!?!?!
Programmed to hate and fear Aliens from an early age, but thinking rationally I'd love to meet an Alien, even one with a 'magic death box' and a million dollars, so I can tell him where to probe that box on himself.

[edit on 14/12/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So is Cameron Diaz in on it?

If Richard Kelly co-wrote and directed he's in on it right? Or is it the producers? I'm curious how the modern propaganda process would work.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
and I know that even for a million Dollars I wouldn't be pressing the button to end a life, only those of low moral character would press it I think , or those whose greed overwhelms their common sense or compassion, sorts out the gene pool IMO.

Only someone with low common sense would come to that conclusion. I think of myself as someone with a bit higher moral character than most.. and to think what 1,000,000 US dollars could mean to not only myself, but at LEAST the lives of a dozen people in my life makes me feel the very real idea that the worth of 12 lives outweighs the worth of a single life.

On the reverse, if someone was going to be paid 1,000,000 dollars for pushing a button, and that money was going to help many people, I would gladly accept my own death.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

I'll try to not take offense at your comment about me having low common sense, I think I would be happier knowing that I hadn't taken a life not matter what the monetary value offered, only someone who has no qualms about others would contemplate taking a life then recieving money.
And to then try and say " it would have a positive aspect on my life and others arround me" is nonsense, and cold, uncaring and uncompassionate.
Not Human traits I'd hold in high regard.
I could at least die knowing that MY CONSCIENCE is clear , whereas money never brings happiness, after all when you've paid of your debts, and the moochers have borrowed your 'winnings' your left empty and skint again, and then the realisation that it cost someone their life sets in , and you start to regret your actions.
I'd die happy knowing my actions where not born of greed and that I'd be happy with what I have got by considering others before myself.

Other than that? low common sense to you maybe , but high moral standing to me.

[edit on 14/12/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
reply to post by HankMcCoy

I'll try to not take offense at your comment about me having low common sense

Good, try not to take offense to the terminology that YOU entered into the thread. Very moral of you.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

So a ficticious story is preparin us for disclosure by tryung to scare the crap out of us alien ci fi movies have been around since films beginning and im yet to see anything whatsoever come of it. This is yet another self forfilling idea brought on by people trying to get out of lifes mundane routine.
Yes alien life would be cool to witness but .. Well COME ON its a TV show
a ficticious idea to get us out of lifes mundane daily grind. If we could enjoy things for what they are we wouldnt need to create further fantasy to fill the voids in our lives.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Curious view into whether this is a movie to prepare the masses for disclosure. I may just have to see the movie now.

After seeing the Trailer for the film I spent much time mediating upon the moral quandary of press a button to get $1,000,000 at the expense of 1 random person in the world dying. Although I respect and understand Hank McCoy's perspective, which does make a certain amount of sense, I personally could never press that button. I would want neither the blood on my hands, nor the guilt, for another life to be sentenced to death for the convenience of mine and my family's lives. In desperation I may entertain the moral quandary presented by Victor Hugo in Les Miserables of stealing a loaf of bread to feed a hungry child, but I would never take the life of another to do such.

The primary thing that our society so easily forgets, being raised on greed and avarice, of having more than our share and yet still wanting more, is that it is our suffering that makes us strong, and allows us to rise above the bestial nature to become something greater. There is no [Easy Button] to life, and making one might trick those who are controlled by their baser natures into pressing it, but to those that value the sanctity of all life, even above their own, would never even consider pressing it.

WWJD if given "The Box"?
What would Gandhi do if given "The Box"?
What would the Dali Lama do if given "The Box"?

The common man might fall to temptation, but the enlightened wouldn't even give it a second thought.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I have seen this Movie and it DOES raise some interesting ethical questions.

Are there any moral implications for pressing a button if you are told it will kill someone, somewhere? There may be many things we do that create rippling effects and result in the death of someone, somewhere.

The main problem I had with this film (which I think has been mentioned in previous posts) is that $1,000,000, if used correctly, could save so many lives that the one individual who does die from the pressing of a button is barley worth thinking about.

The film implies an absolute moral standard which would be immpossible to expect of human beings.

I wouldn't press the button, not out of any moral piety but simply out of suspicion of the whole opperation, like it's some mad "You've been framed" set-up.

Remain Vigilant

new topics

top topics

join