It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto seed business role revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Monsanto seed business role revealed

www.google.com

Confidential contracts detailing Monsanto Co.'s business practices reveal how the world's biggest seed developer is squeezing competitors, controlling smaller seed companies and protecting its dominance over the multibillion-dollar market for genetically altered crops

With Monsanto's patented genes being inserted into roughly 95 percent of all soybeans and 80 percent of all corn grown in the U.S., the company also is using its wide reach to control the ability of new biotech firms to get wide
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Declining competition in the seed business could lead to price hikes that ripple out to every family's dinner table. That's because the corn flakes you had for breakfast, soda you drank at lunch and beef stew you ate for dinner likely were produced from crops grown with Monsanto's patented genes.

I HATE Monsanto, but I never knew it went this deep
I guess I didn't really think of it that far as corn flakes and sodas.

They are controlling absolutely everything we eat and now Obama is letting them run the FDA.

Please read the entire article, this company is pure evil!

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yes, Monsanto is PURE evil!!! In fact, most multi-national corporations who are hell-bent on generating "profit" for their share-holders are pure evil. Any organization that can have this type of negative impact on any market should be subject to massive anti-trust law suits. Not only are they monopolistic in nature, seeking to crush their competitors, but they weasel their ways into people's lives in even more nefarious and devious ways. It should NOT be allowed.

These people are profiting by destroying everything nature intended for mankind. Nature did not intend for mankind to play with the DNA of plants. Nature did not intend for chemicals to be produced en masse for the unwitting and unwilling consumption by innocent people. Nature did not intend for its food production capability to be limited and controlled by a select group of people.

In my estimation, the next big war needs to be fought against these multi-national conglomerates who are more intent on power, control and wealth than they are on benefitting mankind.

If their are any Monsanto supporters on here, I would love to know just 1 thing this company has doen to benefit mankind. Any takers?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
After listening to me bitch about how evil Monsanto is I finally conned my Mom into using vinegar to get rid of weeds instead of Round-up. One small insignificant victory against a abhorrent company like Monsanto but it's a start. They slay me when they say they haven't done anything wrong and how all their products work so well. What a crock.

Amazing the things humans will do in the name of a corporation. It's really quite insane IMO.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Of all the tentacles of the mega conglomerate that is slowly attempting to conquer humanity, Monsanto is the most insulated.

If you thought that the man-made global warming issue was a scam, if you felt that fractional reserve lending was usury in disguise, if you believe that corporate controlled governance was criminal, you have not yet delved into the most troubling aspect of the many-headed beast.

Food, and the chemicals we consume as food... therein lies the heart of the problem. Famine in a world where most 'civilized' countries have excesses is the first clue. Legitimizing the inclusion of known toxins and untried genetics within our food chain is the next.

Their virtual mastery of the UN is the next level... just waiting to blossom. The Codex Alimentarium is their 'final solution.'

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
S&F, since to me this is the real important issue at the moment. Ive known about this for ages, but it still makes me mad every time I read posts about that bastard of a corporation.

Thing I just still dont get is the whole patent issue, how on this blue earth did a company get any right to patent alterations (and im assuming they are very small alterations, given just how large DNA is) to the building blocks of life?.. a scientific process sure, but the actual alterations/gene arrangements?, its like me being as an artist copyrighting a picture then copyrighting the shades of color I used... the picture is fine, but copyrighting the colors!?...

How did they ever get the ability to patent sequences of genes and which idiot/s gave it to them?

To cool off i think ill go outside and pick some pesticide free homegrown self hybridized plums... the damn trees branches are literally bending under the weight of the fruit
... bite my pasty white behind Monsanto.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You dont have to look into "shape-shifting" reptilians to see something as demonic as this. "monsanto´s" plants? Are these people completely insane? Even the deepest atheist will feel this is... abhorrent.
This kind of stuff has to stop, and fast.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hmm was reading the Monsato reply to that article and notied at the bottom they mention the genes are for glyphosate immunity in the plants, and with out it RoundUp effectively kills the plant that doesnt have that gene trait...

Looking that compound up in Wiki shows some interesting things... notably

Toxicity

Glyphosate is rated least dangerous in comparison to other herbicides and pesticides, such as those from the organochlorine family. Roundup has a United States Environmental Protection Agency‎ (EPA) Toxicity Class of III for oral and inhalation exposure. It has been rated as class I (Severe) for eye irritation. A recent study, on the other hand, has shown that Roundup formulations and metabolic products cause the death of human embryonic, placental, and umbilical cells in vitro even at low concentrations. The effects are not proportional to Glyphosate concentrations but dependent on the nature of the adjuvants used in the formulation.

Endocrine disruptor debate

In vitro studies have shown glyphosate affects progesterone production in mammalian cells and can increase the mortality of placental cells. Whether these studies classify glyphosate as an endocrine disruptor is debated. Some[who?] feel that in vitro studies are insufficient, and are waiting to see if animal studies show a change in endocrine activity, since a change in a single cell line may or may not impact an entire organism. Additionally, current in vitro studies expose cell lines to concentrations orders of magnitude greater than would be found in expected exposures, and through pathways that would not be typically experienced in real organisms. Others[who?] feel that in vitro studies, particularly ones identifying not only an effect, but a chemical pathway, are sufficient evidence to classify glyphosate as an endocrine disruptor, on the basis that even small changes in endocrine activity can have lasting effects on an entire organism that may be difficult to detect through whole organism studies alone. Further research on the endocrine effects of glyphosate is ongoing, including through the EPA endocrine screening program on 73 chemicals, published in 2007.

A possible depopulation system?... if you own most food crop genes, and your crop genes are designed to be used with your pesticide its an effective way of getting large amounts of it into the food supply...wash that food good
... but hey according to them its low risk by itself.

Only really brought that up since as an unborn baby, i nearly died due to my mothers placenta effectively dieing... which resulted in a premmy birth. Not really related, but it would be a rather effective mass birth control system, make em eat food that contains chemicals that have the potential to effectively self abort, or at the least make it alot harder to carry to term.

but none of its provable... certainly suspicious though.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Monsanto has done this, almost entirely unopposed, in as little as 10 years!

A One Decade Plan for World Domination? Dang they are good at what they do! Even Hitler's Plan took far longer than that and still uberly failed!

However, Monsanto is not alone in this Seed Business Role to achieve Total World Domination. They are Evil with a Capital "E" but they are but Co-Conspirators in this.

Let us not forget Dow AgroSciences that cut a deal with Monsanto back in 1998 and which shares half of the market with Monsanto as a Silent Partner in their Monopolistic practices rather than as a Competitor in a Free-Market.

The unfair, and monopolistic business practices of Monsanto and Dow AgroSciences need to be terminated, however. Of that, there is no doubt.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Monstano holds genetic copyright on something like 27 seeds genetics. Now that might seem OK to some. However, they have pursued and taken Canadian farmers to court to fine them for using their seeds without license. Even when the farmers never bought their seeds from them. Just Google please and find out what has happened there. A Canola Canadian farmer who preserved his canola crops seeds that actually got impregnated possibly by cross fertilisation was sued by Monstano, and was forced to destroy his stored seeds. He has fought them in the courts to a point of bankcrupcy.

You think that is bad. Monstano with their Round Up free crops, have produced seeds that one needs to acquire under license, that will not go for
more than one generation. They call it a termination seed. It will not reproduce so there's no way a farmer can store seed for another generation.

India have got onto it but GM crops when it involves a genetic copy right
is lethal. It is a crime against humanity when commercially a company just
for financial gain, can force people (farmers) to grow the crops they think
they should. I think it is discussing, and thankfully in NSW Australia
GM crops are banned. Although Monstano tried to get a foot hold here.

Their negative reputation preceeded them, thank God!

top topics

join