It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which historical figure would you like to be alive during these times?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Comparing Lennon to Cobain is wrong in my opinion.

I think your wrong there, you never know what roads a person can go down. Watch cobain after he had his kid,a nd his attitude did change, no matter what you think, its on youtube.

Of course we will never know. But on gallagher brothers, yep they where an opposite of the grunge thing, lol. Noel and liam think they probably are something like john, but i do not see it, lol.

For me you never know what cobain could of been.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It has to be Nostradamus!

If only to ask what the hell he was talking about!

No but seriously,Nostradamus would be my choice!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I would love to see how our religious predecessors handled current events.

So bring back Jesus--if he cleared out the temple, imagine what he might do to Congress.

We could also use a little Sir Thomas More, only without the flaggelation.

keep smiling!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I agree with ou on gandhi, the last thing we need is a hindu preaching about this life is h1t and we can go onto next, while we have to live this one.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I would like to chill with both Nikola Tesla and Tupac, that would be an awesome dinner, haha.

I think if tesla could see our current technological capabilities, he could quite likely find better uses and more efficient systems. Then we could build his light wall and an earthquake machine, plus get his hands back on his papers before the department of immigration divied them up to a bunch of people who had no understanding of the concepts illustrated.

and before you go and say Tupac had no positive influence, I suggest you listen a little harder.

--------- insert song lyrics to demonstrate your ability to find negative lyrics in hip hop------

[edit on 14-12-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Definitely would want Jesus of Nazareth to be alive right now, as well as Moses and Muhammad...that way their followers could be set straight once and for all and stop fighting with each other.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Yes Churchill would definitely be one of my choices too. He might have had a big ego, but he was a great orator and a very intelligent, witty man.

Also i would say Malcolm X. He often gets overlooked in favour of Martin Luther King. As a convert to Islam it would have been interesting to see his views on today's world.

“You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or who says it.” – Malcolm X

Finally, Bill Hicks. He was really a comedian before his time.

“The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and its fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride ..." And we ... kill those people. Ha ha, "Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. Jesus murdered; Martin Luther King murdered; Malcolm X murdered; Gandhi murdered; John Lennon murdered; Reagan ... wounded. But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love." - Bill Hicks

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Nicolay Tesla 4 sure, free energy 4 all!!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Churchill - for his unwavering courage and staunch stances.

John Adams - One of the few founding fathers to never hold a slave and struggled with the fact he could not fight that battle at the time.

Abagail Adams - Probably one of the strongest women in American history and large influence on the creation of this country through proxy.

Finally - My personal forefathers....maybe not historical to you, but historical to me and that is all more important.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

We could also use a little Sir Thomas More, only without the flaggelation.

Indeed.

A modern day Oliver Cromwell without his bigotry.

And Freeborn John Lilburne most definately.

www.british-civil-wars.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
JFK

Thomas Jefferson

George Washington

And Benjamin Franklin!

the ones the OP mentioned, they can join too.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I understand what you mean, but YouTube doesn't hold all of the answers. Cobain was nothing like Lennon, and I don't think he ever would be.

Although YouTube does hold some answers......

“With every song that I write, I compare it to the Beatles. The thing is, they only got there before me. If I'd been born at the same time as John Lennon, I'd have been up there.
- Noel Gallagher

“I'm not like John Lennon, who thought he was the great Almighty. I just think I'm John Lennon.”
- Noel Gallagher

Like I said, we will never know. But from the way he was going, I can't see Cobain being that influential.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How about Johannes Chrystostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Sigismundus Mozart - he'd have quite a job to do to clean up what passes for all the silly film-score music coming out of Hollywood these days, and to re-inject a sense of 'taste & refinement' into western art music in general.

People like Phillip Glass are still around poisoning our ears !!!

Just a thought....

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I definitely wish Bill Hicks was still around. he was an incredible person as well as a great comedian. he understood the world better than almost anybody else.

He saw the corruption in government and he openly talked about this on stage; he was the only comedian of his time, that I know of, that disputed the JFK official story, discussed the treacherous deeds of bush, talked about ufo's and best of all he taught love over hate.

"It's just a ride, and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one."
-Bill Hicks

Even though Bill may seem crude or extremely angry at times this does not take anything away from his comedy, like it can do to other comics. However, you must understand why he acts this way, it's because he saw the corruption and evil committed by governments so easily, and he was angry at others for either a) not seeing the corruption or b) being part of it.

If Bill was around today things would be quite different. After seeing him on stage after 9/11, nobody in america would believe 14 terrorists hijacked planes to destroy our freedom. there wouldn't even be a war in the middle east because there would have been a revolution immediately.

Bill passed away February 26, 1994 after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a year earlier. He was an enlightened soul and sadly one that had to leave our plane of existence to early. RIP BILL

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
In music I would love to see Stevie Ray Vaughan or J.S. Bach come back.

I would love to get Plato, Socrates, and Jesus in a room together. I have some questions that need answering.

For politics I would actually like to see Jefferson, Adams, and Teddy Rosevelt come back to straightn things out.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Rather than wish for some great hero, who is, after all, only human like you, why not imagine what you would have them do and get out and do it?

Sure we don't all have the brains of a Tesla or a Da Vinci, but most heroes were just ordinary people with an overdose of determination.

Be that determination, make your vision real to your self, be enthusiastic and confident of your right to try.

Miracles still happen. Live for your dream and one might happen for you.

Then one day in the future, when the world is again in need, people will look back at the stories of you and say, "If only he/she was here now!"

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
For America how about the men who started it all? Men Like Captain Nathan Hale " I regret but having one life to give and that is for my country" Or the Founders Like Washington, Franklin, Jefferson, Monroe.

How about Crispus Attucks for Black Americans. And Tecumusah for Indians.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I would think King Soloman coming back would be very nice. His gold and jewels would sure help the american economy out. Not to mention the wealth of history in the treasure we could find.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
George Washington so I can tell him he's full of # and slap him around for what he did to those Penn farmers.

No doubt he'd be all on the Bush/Obama bandwagon if he were alive today.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Rather than wish for some great hero, who is, after all, only human like you, why not imagine what you would have them do and get out and do it?

It's been postulated that the heroes in history weren't really any braver than anyone else...They were only brave longer than anybody else...

Personally, I wouldn't want to call upon any given individuals. I'd like to call upon all of the US Founding Forefathers.

Yet, I'm also somewhat concerned that they'd take one look at what our lack of vigilance against tyranny has allowed to happen...And throw up their hands in disgust.

(Sarcasm Alert! Sarcasm Alert!)
As it is, it seems that seismologists have discovered a slight eccentricity in Earth's orbital pattern. Tracking it down, they found it's caused by the US Founding Forefathers spinning in their graves...

[edit on 15-12-2009 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join