It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which historical figure would you like to be alive during these times?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Okay, as the title says, during these current times which historical figure or figures do you wish were still around?

There doesn't seem to be anyone speaking out about TPTB and the major ills of the world and society at the moment.

I know some may point to Obama, but for me he doesn't cut it. Yes he has given people hope, but basically he hasn't practiced what he preached. That being said however, i do not wish for this thread to be turned into a slagging off of Obama.

The people i am talking about are people like John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King etc.

I would personally choose John Lennon, Martin Luther King and Mahatma Gandhi.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d80bc1dc253.jpg[/atsimg]

“A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” – John Lennon

“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.” – John Lennon

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e975bbfe5f06.jpg[/atsimg]

“The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.” – Martin Luther King

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e68c776fc564.jpg[/atsimg]

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it….always.” – Mahatma Gandhi

I personally think that if we should look to anyone for guidance and inspiration in this day and age, then it should be these people.

Forget the shallow celebrities or politicians who think the people don't matter. The men above had a a meaningful message and i think all memebers of ATS should heed their words once in a while.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Personally i would like someone like john lennon, someone to speak out for the people in the public eye. I think kurt cobain could of been our john lennon, but of course he died, and we have no one today. I really think kurt coabin could of been alot like john, but alas not to be.

On obama, i think the geezer is smart enough to understand he is just speaking bull, and i think unusually for these people he knows it. He is not a very good liar, like clinton was.

I think even though i was born in 1975 and missed the hippy movement alot of that was wrong, and they went too far of on a road that they where lead, this is why it did not work for them.

I think one person can change things, but alot of people get it wrong how to do it.

[edit on 12/14/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
“The Bruce”

“William Wallace”

In fact bring back all the Scottish warriors and let’s have at it.

Take York, sack it march on London with the gib and gallows nicely warmed up for Gordon brown and his cronies and get promptly munched by Apache gunships, cluster bombs and have Wallace and the Bruce picked off by snipers.

Ummm... Gandhi or Lennon then (might as well bring back Lassie too)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I would really like to talk to Eve. (You know, Adam's chick)

I have some questions for her regarding a certain apple.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

While each of those you offer are indeed worthy of respect, they are still each products of their own specific times and places. There is no guarantee that if alive today, they could offer our contemporary world anything like they did in history.

What is needed today is a leader for today. Out of the great mass of humanity, there is surely one or several that have the spark and the vision to lead us in a better direction. Unfortunately, none have so far stepped forward and we are still riding this handbasket to hell until they do.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

True they were men of their times, but i feel many of the things they spoke about are as relevant now as they were then.

However i do see your point.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Too right, you also have to go through alot to see the sh1t.

Thats why i think kurt cobain would of been great and he would of just been around 40 now, like lennon was back in his day. Kurt had a troubled life and thats why he wrote music for himself, but like lennon, what he wrote meant something to others, and thats what musicans are supposed to be.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

...NIKOLA TESLA...

reply to post by redoubt

There is no guarantee that if alive today, they could offer our contemporary world anything like they did in history.
Tesla was a man way ahead of his time...I think he'd fit in just great in this day and age...and I'm certain he would have something to offer...more than certain...

[edit on 14/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ben Franklin -
Thomas Jefferson -
Mac Brazel -
Abe Lincoln -

Those 4 could straighten out some people and set the record straight.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
Ben Franklin -
Thomas Jefferson -
Mac Brazel -
Abe Lincoln -

Those 4 could straighten out some people and set the record straight.

All those may of came into the world, and stuffed there faces with mcdonalds, lol.

You know what i mean, like others say, life changes can mean your life can be totally different.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Really can't see Kurt Cobain doing anything positive as far as social change is concerned. He would still be massively into drugs and unable to help there.

Would be interesting to hear what type of music he would be making though.

But he is someone I always thought was destined to die. Even if he didn't kill himself when he did, I reckon it was going to happen somehow.

Lennon on the other hand was robbed from us. He would have been in his element nowadays.

Long Live Lennon.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

He was the only voice of a generation we had, and like lennon he just said it. Nirvana would just say it, and they did not give a tosh about the music industry heads did they, lol.

He was the closest we had to lennon. You have no idea of what way he may of turned out, lol.

Look at lennon in the 60's cheeky young man, nice hair, and then what did he turn into, so who knows what cobain would of did.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Jesus Christ

But not in a "Armageddon ~ End of the World" type visit. More of a "Love thy neighbor ~ Do unto others" type reminder.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
Jesus Christ

But not in a "Armageddon ~ End of the World" type visit. More of a "Love thy neighbor ~ Do unto others" type reminder.

Agree, if he's here, he could set a lot of things straight once and for all, I'll bet.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Kurt Cobain was a shy, retiring person who struggled with drug addiction, depression and illness. It's impossible to say what he would have done, but I would wager it wouldn't have been much. Didn't he write a song called I HATE MYSELF AND WANT TO DIE

Good job Mr Gallagher came along when he did then isn't it

Comparing Lennon to Cobain is wrong in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Tesla for his eccentric and innovative wisdom and science.

Admiral Bryd for his far-out and wild doings in the polar regions.

The Count of St Germain - For gnosis and wild adventures

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Jesus Christ would probably come back in Gaza... and be killed by the Israeli army for being a terrorist.

Anyway, I would like to see George Washington, Ben Franklin and Patrick Henry.

Gandhi is a lunatic. See his quotes on the jewish holocaust advocating mass suicide instead of resistance.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
GREAT TOPIC!!!!
Cheers OP i think its a good idea to talk about, for me its Churchhill.
The way the world is now, we need a man who is willing to stand up for whats right, to say we will not be moved, we will stand and we will fight for the way of life so many before us have died to uphold, we will not back down, we will not surrender, and we will stare you in the eyes as you come for my home!!!!
I for one would like to hail our new Zombie Churchill overlord.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
How about Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill...

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
Sir Winston Churchill

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
Sir Winston Churchill

Also I would love for Thales of Miletus to be around to share some words with. The only reason I say this is because I would love to know what his works consisted of.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
As far as the Political Madness going on in the United States right now, I think it would highly beneficial to have either Thomas Jefferson or Theodore Roosevelt alive right now.

Thomas Jefferson would be able to put this Nation back on track, and help fix the corruption problem within our government while Theodore Roosevelt would be best able to handle the problems we have with multiple Wars and re-establish a respectful diplomacy with Muslim Nations (he was the last U.S. President who actually was both feared and respected by Muslim Nations)...not to mention bringing back Honor to America in the eyes of all other Nations (friend and foe alike).

Outside of Politics, I would love to see Pythagoras, Socrates, Plato, Iamblichus, or Hermes Trismegistus have another go in our Modern times. Although, most likely, Pythagoras and Socrates both would probably immediately join PETA and become Militant Vegans.

Of course, Nikola Tesla and Wilhelm Reich would be on that short list too for obvious reasons.

Lastly, Jack Parsons...NASA/JPL needs the mind and skills of Jack Parsons now more than they did when he was alive.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join