It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Developing Nations Walk Out Of Climate Talks

page: 2
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
gotta love this, hah, sums up what a freak show this is- the developing nations (ie those who are begging others for money) walk out, what exactly is their bargaining chip, they are the ones begging for crying out loud




posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder
 

What's their incentive? They are the producers in this twisted global economy of over-consumption and they're the ones being asked to sacrifice?



posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
gotta love this, hah, sums up what a freak show this is- the developing nations (ie those who are begging others for money) walk out, what exactly is their bargaining chip, they are the ones begging for crying out loud


lol, even in there position, they still have something, the power to walk away, lol.



posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
What's their incentive? They are the producers in this twisted global economy of over-consumption and they're the ones being asked to sacrifice?



sacrifice what?



posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder
 


I'm referring to the "leaked" document that is being labeled a neo-colonial project of taxation and remodeling of development. Soros himself called for a repackaging of IMF and WB loans as green. Even this isn't new as scholars like Michael Goldman have identified the "Greening" of IMF/WB loans since the 1970s.



posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder
 


Sorry...but the developed nations are the guilty ones here.

The leaked document showed that they were making plans without developing nations being involved...which we probably were planning to drop on the table at the last minute, with not enough time to read.

Anyway, this document essentially asks developing nations to not use as much as developed nations...even in the future. How is that fair?

We have the resources and technology so we should be leading the green industry revolution.

All this would do is stop these nations from developing.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Nickmare]



posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickmare


All this would do is stop these nations from developing.



That is exactly the plan, if the under-developed nations don't develope then the west will not have competition, with the developing nations under the thumb of the elites and the american and british gov then we can stay rich and exploit their resources.

Thats what capitalism is all about.
Fundamental Capitalism - as in 'i found it first so its mine'



posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite
 


The problem with Africa and tribalism is that the European nations created colonies based on what each could seize and hold against the other colonial powers, then left nations that were based upon European power balances, not African ones. So the "tribal problems" are actually the results of tribes being split among several different nations, none of which correspond to pre-colonial ethnic or culture areas, much less to existing political entities.



posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah
 


You are wasting your breath on that guy. He is not even aware of what this whole thing is about.



posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
The problem with Africa and tribalism is that the European nations created colonies based on what each could seize and hold against the other colonial powers, then left nations that were based upon European power balances, not African ones. So the "tribal problems" are actually the results of tribes being split among several different nations, none of which correspond to pre-colonial ethnic or culture areas, much less to existing political entities.


That is more of an african tribal problem than a European problem (and a european problem from decades ago at that)- once the people in those African countries decided they wanted the colonials out, then there was never going to be a country/nation created which did not have a tribal problem, such is the endemic nature of African tribalism- bout time they took responsibility for their own outdated tribal practices and about time some westerners stopped treating them like children and blaming European colonial decisions from decades ago

[edit on 16-12-2009 by blueorder]



posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

You are wasting your breath on that guy. He is not even aware of what this whole thing is about.



more so than you, oh wise one




top topics



 
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join