It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing Nations Walk Out Of Climate Talks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Developing Nations Walk Out Of Climate Talks

news.sky.com

Talks have been suspended at the Copenhagen climate change summit after developing countries walked out.

The main sessions of the UN conference were halted after the protest, which was led by African countries and backed by the G77 group of developing nations.

They accused developed countries of trying to back out of the Kyoto Protocol on carbon emissions.

"This is a walkout over process and form, not a walkout over substance, and that's regrettable," Australian climate change minister Penny Wong said of the action.

The Kyoto treaty ties the rich countries - but not developing c
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Talks have been suspended at the Copenhagen climate change summit after developing countries walked out.

The main sessions of the UN conference were halted after the protest, which was led by African countries and backed by the G77 group of developing nations.

They accused developed countries of trying to back out of the Kyoto Protocol on carbon emissions.

"This is a walkout over process and form, not a walkout over substance, and that's regrettable," Australian climate change minister Penny Wong said of the action.

The Kyoto treaty ties the rich countries - but not developing countries - that have ratified it to binding emissions curbs.

"Africa has pulled the emergency cord to avoid a train crash at the end of the week," said Jeremy Hobbs from Oxfam International, referring to a summit on Friday due to be attended by about 120 heads of state or government.

"Poor countries want to see an outcome which guarantees sharp emissions reductions yet rich countries are trying to delay discussions on the only mechanism we have to deliver this - the Kyoto Protocol."

More follows...

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It looks as though a NWO might be a ways off.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hi There, i just put in my pennys worth about this on the END topic.. oh well pretty much the same thing as always, toys out of the pram...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
It looks as though a NWO might be a ways off.

Its already here, but to get it in real world takes some work. The poor countries are right to say screw you, they have been shafted so much by the rich.

But do not get me wrong, us in the west are shafted too.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Well not so much, it is already here, it is having what would be referred too as "growing pangs".

I doubt it will ever come to fruition in the way that it is spun for the simple fact that a single group of people would have overthrow the governments of all the worlds. Which isn't going to happen.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yep, that explains Al Gores new Fearmongering Propeganda : The ice and Snow now is melting much faster, even twice as fast as the IPCC have been saying. (which is proven 100% to be FAKE and MADE UP.)

??? < see those, look again ??? Yes, what is going on here ? Why is that lying man allowed to travel the world talking trash ?

I tell you why, now the African contries have stumbled upon the New World Order agenda that the COP15 really is all about, and they won't be a part of the economic slavery that follws it, so they must be scared into rejoining the 'treaty' that has one purpose only, and only the purpose of stuffing the NWO down our throats.

It has nothing to do with the Climate, it is a farse and a scam, a plan to fool the 192 UN contries to subdue them selfs to the Rockefeller control mechanisms of poverty and strickt guidelines of 'be quite and do as your told' strategies...

They will take your money with this climate treaty, you see it there on the News every day, Global Carbon tax ? Does it mean co2 taxes globally ? YES, it means just that. It also means: Dont overuse your Microwave, they send you an extra tax for 'over usage' on your electricity bill..

They will Oulaw Global Warming talk unless you believe in it, you MUST agree to the peer-reviewed concensus that your very breath kills the planet.

I've talk too much already... This is bullcrap, all of it !! Screw the planet if this is what it is going to be in the future, I doubt any of you want to live by the Rules of Pope Al Gore......

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Well not so much, it is already here, it is having what would be referred too as "growing pangs".

I doubt it will ever come to fruition in the way that it is spun for the simple fact that a single group of people would have overthrow the governments of all the worlds. Which isn't going to happen.

You need not overthrow all governments, just the most powerfu, which for all intents and purposes, has been done already!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
So that's what this Copenhagen summit is all about. The Kyoto countries are trying to weasel out of their commitments to that treaty. Glad the U.S. never signed that piece of crap!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HastobemoretolifeI doubt it will ever come to fruition in the way that it is spun for the simple fact that a single group of people would have overthrow the governments of all the worlds. Which isn't going to happen.

The power in satanism, that the nwo leaders comes from people not knowing they are being manipulated. If you think your free, than thats the best slave, lol.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Outlawstar

It's not exactly a "Global Government" if they don't have control over all countries is it? Especially when a lot of those countries have valuable resources that the NWO will need.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Outlawstar

It's not exactly a "Global Government" if they don't have control over all countries is it? Especially when a lot of those countries have valuable resources that the NWO will need.

It is for all intents and purposes a global governance, I would like anything other than a global government enforced by the current movers and shakers, but it is unfolding publicly in front of our eyes.

As for resources, what they need they get, history bloodily describes this.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It is reported, from a few on the ground, Africa wanted more finance from the richer nations - without having to offer anything in return. Better governance, economic development, etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
It is reported, from a few on the ground, Africa wanted more finance from the richer nations - without having to offer anything in return. Better governance, economic development, etc.

Yep thats the problem the west has with africa, all the money gets stolen. Both sides need to understand the problems, and accept they both need to do something, more than they did before.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm glad this was put off. However, it seems that when something apparently seems to spin around for the better, TPTB have something else up their sleeves with a change of plans. It seems to be like a chess game to these people.

Sure things can be put off.. but how long until some other treaty comes along, etc.. All these people do is change the name and try again and again.

Also, I wonder if exposing this as a sham had something to do with it? They will have to change their data again, come back next year and say there is an ice age we caused. Lol.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

It would be helpful if you actually read the article and try to understand why the countries walked out.

Delegations were angry at what they saw as moves by the Danish host government to sideline talks on more emission cuts under the Kyoto Protocol.

As news spread around the conference centre, activists chanted "We stand with Africa - Kyoto targets now".

But talks between the parties were expected to resume in the afternoon and informal discussions continue.

and the rightful demands by developing countries

Blocs representing poor countries vulnerable to climate change have been adamant that rich nations must commit to emission cuts beyond 2012 under the Kyoto Protocol.

But the EU and the developed world in general has promoted the idea of an entirely new agreement, replacing the protocol.

Developing countries fear they would lose many of the gains they made when the Kyoto agreement was signed in 1997.

They point out that the Kyoto Protocol is the only international legally binding instrument that has curbed carbon emissions, and also that it contains functioning mechanisms for bringing development benefits to poor countries such as money for investment in clean energy projects.

Also I'm glad the thousands of protesters demanding the same outside Copenhagen summit do not agree with you.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The problem is Africa cannot govern itself. I recall writing a post on tribalism and the effects on regional politics in Africa. It is something we do not understand in the West.

However, not all African nations suffer from this problem. South Africa, Botswana and Zambia are a few nations without tribal tension.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I know where you guys are coming from. Heck even in the 1890s, the US foreign policy was about opening Asian markets so as to dump our products on. But even a global government ran by the Western, Bilderberg Elite isn't happening so smoothly.

I agree the WTO, IMF, BIS, and WB have done a good-job of keeping the have-nots from having but here we're seeing the ability of have-nots to Resist and JUST SAY NO.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Yes, I read it, and I tried to get you all to understand the horrors that are ahead with this whole Copenhagen Treaty.

Some look at one story as one story, and others 'add them together' as the politicians also do.

Too bad with Africa getting some 'bad candy', but what about you ? and I ?

Any ways :

Obama and EPA

What Chettiar and Schwartz propose is nothing less than a new era of executive government in which the President establishes a mega-Kyoto system if Congress drags its feet:
If Congress fails to act, President Obama has the power under the Clean Air Act to adopt a cap-and-trade system that auctions greenhouse gas allowances. President Obama also has the power under the Clean Air Act to implement an executive agreement at the international level, rendering Senate approval of a climate treaty unnecessary. (p. vii)

Also, all the money that is supposed to go to saving us all from Doom, goes to Private Banks, so ByeBye Earth...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

But private banks know what best to do with our money. They wouldn't squander it or anything.

If "money" is fiat and not backed by real wealth it is, IMO, an illusion, therefore an attempt to save the planet monetarily would by causality also be an illusion. But if you were to try and solve an imagined problem with an imagined solution you could be successful.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Moonsouljah]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join