It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with most ATS users..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The good old media, they lie, the deceive the public, they are run by the corrupt goverment, don't listen to fox news, cnn or the bbc right guys?

Im sure some members are starting to get aware about this, that basically we don't trust the media, BUT for Norway for example, the media calls it a failed missile, we all accept that as FACT.

But when they talk about something we don't agree with they are the lying goons.

This is the picture i am getting.

Media talking about climate change are lying, when the media explains some sky spirals, UFO's and other strange things they are telling the truth!

"Fox news says it's a failed launch of a missile" Response by ATS members, "Close this thread, we know what it is now, fox news just said"

Is anyone else annoyed by this?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

If I recall the way the thread progressed it was theorized to be a rocket before the official MSM explanation saying it was a rocket. Besides, believing it actually is a rocket is better than the alternative panic or wild speculation.

It's one thing to disbelieve it as a rocket but another thing when the wild explanations that have no evidence to back them up run rampant.

So yes let's treat the official explanation with some skepticism but let's not forget that skepticism when the inversely wild explanations of Nibiru, HAARP, CERN blackholes, Wormwood, and others come up. It goes both ways, open-minded skepticism is important

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I don't distrust things simply because the media reports it. You have to actually look at what is being reported and cross reference it, or simply use common sense...i don't flat out not believe something just because fox or cnn,bbc etc report it.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
the problem with most ATS members is what exactly?

they don't decide to either trust or distrust the media and rigidly stick to it? you want us all to just believe the opposite of everything the MSM say?

i looked at the spiral, i thought it was a smoking gun, i thought it looked like the real deal and when someone said they thought it was a rocket i scoffed but, i'm disappointed to say, it is the most likely explanation. ATS members convinced me of this, not the news.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Can we honestly stop these threads now? It is getting beyond a joke.

Nobody has a right to criticise the membership for not believing every single event in the world has a hidden agenda behind it. The OP has not even been here a year, and yet believes he/she can formulate the membership under a dictatorship.

I agree with pieman, I researched into it myself. Studied ballistic missile data, including successful launches. Guess what I concluded? It was a missile.

If you want to believe in portals, fine, but don't criticise the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Can we honestly stop these threads now? It is getting beyond a joke

Getting to be a joke????
This was beyond ridiculous last week.

Its very simple to all the people making these threads about how ats members and ats is bad or going downhill.
Here is a solution for you.....sign out and don't come back!!!!!
If you don't like it then quit coming here!!!
I am getting sick and tired of seeing these threads pop up every single day.

If the people are making these threads for some easy flags and stars then you have accomplished that by flooding the boards with this nonsense.....now PLEASE STOP!!!!

If you are unhappy with ats then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

This is the first time I have actually replied to one of these dumb threads and the last time.
Threads like these are not a good contribution whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The problem with ATS is this.

People need to stop a)generalising (MOST ats users...)

and b) ignore the clots.

Its not hard - you see a post thats tosh, ignore it. If its the same user who does nothing but derail threads and generally distract people who want to engage in (or just read) some proper discussion, click the ignore button and you'll never have to see them again.

Stop dwelling on the problem or you'll become a part of it, be proactive and show the way!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

In re: Original post-

First, I don't draw any distinctions, between Fox News and all the rest, that isn't found under the political bedsheets. Aside from that, they are (IMHO) every bit the same as every other main scream media source.

That, to me, is the major issue. We have allowed political slants to infiltrate nearly every nook and cranny of our thinking. If we tend to immediately accept or dismiss any one source based on its behavior in the political arena, then we have become as politicized as that source.

It is my personal view that there is no network, no media source nor any one political party or single politician that is not suspect. None are worthy of absolute trust for any reason.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I know the problem with "most" ATS users, is that only "some" have thin skins and make stupid threads like this complaining that ATS doesn't suffer from group think and can think independently and figure out if a news story on the MSM is BS or not.

So far we have had, "ATS has a cancer growing", and 3 or more "The problem with ATS people".

Yea there is a cancer growing at ATS and it is the people that start stupid threads like these. So they should go look in the mirror.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I seriously want to quote everyone on this thread and applaud them.

All these posts are valid points and worth every word. Too many new threads complaining about how ATS has changed or whatever.

I'm just glad to see more senior members coming back and straightening out whats rightfully theirs.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This has gone from being annoying, to sad, to laughable. Why the staff are letting these threads run riot in a conspiracy board beats me.

- ATS is dying, a cancer grows within.
- The problem with most ATS users..
- What is wrong with the ATS membership right now ? !!
- How to fix ATS
- An OPEN CALL to ATS users: STOP...
- What is wrong with ATS membership part two

Like I said, laughable.

But then again, this is just my opinion since I don't see the conspiracy here.

[edit on 14/12/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What was the line, you can fool someone half of the time, but you cant fool someone all of the time?

When it comes to the media, you have to take it for what it is.
There are some things that you can rely on the MSM for...
1. Balloon Boy.
2. Sports.
3. The new hair spray product comming out soon that guarantees it will style your hair for you without the use of a comb.
4. bi-partisan committment to one side or the other.

That said... Everything else they spew is usually BS, but if you are not grown up enough to realize when you are being lied to and when you arent, then you shouldnt be watching the news in the first place.

Why do you come to ATS? - here, let me answer that for you.
TO GET AWAY FROM THE BS TO FIND THE OTHER SIDE.
Last time I checked, ATS was a conspiracy site. Not a news Organization.
ATS brings you links and reports from other news outlets and such,
so you can have a third opinion.

My problem with ATS however...is that everyone that posts in the political forums, stick to the side that they chose a long time ago(Rep vs Dem), no matter if their side is wrong or not. We all know who those people are so there is no need to say it. However, there are some of us that post in these forums that hold similar views on certain political individuals,because we have never seen anything of value come from them,I.E. Bush,Obama,Pelosi.(this is where the one siders start with their BS directional-LvR- attitude.

So trust me, its not the members. The members are the reason why this site is so successful. Remember that. We are supposed to be here for each other, not against each other.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Common Good]

new topics

top topics

join