It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is going on!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I'm sitting here contemplating on trying to figure out
"whats real and whats not."

As far as I'm concerned, I feel like I want to hear what
is "bad" for our countrty/world (usa).

But on the other end, I would love to know what is "great"
for our county/world (usa).

I LOVE this website/forum, as I myself use it as my one
and only tool to updated "current events" and I'd like to
thank you all for managing my beliefs.

Although, because of this website, I feel more left in the "dark."

As I realize, that is the cause and effect, and the nature of this
site, I want you all to know I seek more.....

More identifiable TRUTH, more realization of the "REAL" means
that has progressed this website to be what it is....

1. Should I invest in silver and gold?

2. Shall I invest in FOOD for whats to come?

3. Is it necessary to move out of California to prepare for 2012?

I have considered this site a "GEM" to hold on to because of the news
and current events I retain from it. But of course, still have questions....

And for all you "naysayers," shut the *snip* and move on.

I'm tired of hearing you all complain that there's a battle between
you and TPTB and ATS. Lets really think about that....

If "they" were really as strong as "you" think "they" are.... "they" would
have shut this site down years ago.

Yes, I have questions, as most of us here at ATS do...

But to combat our questions with the "debunkers"/factionists" can be and is
simply absurd.... if we we were to contain to the "REAL" realms of what
AboveTopSecret.com is ALL about. Please, don't mind my paraphrasing, as though
I always LOVE to hear the other side to a story.

What I can't stand, is THOSE that want to and try to impose a glimpse of "THEIR
REALITY, WITH NO DEFIANT PROOF." I think you all know who you are....

Anyways, me, myself, does have certain and reasonable important questions.
It just all depends on who has the attraction to my "POST."

For those that understand, WILL INDEED answer my questions.

For those that would rather REGRESS, no worries,
I will sympathize for you.

To Everyone Here @ ATS,
I Wish The Best Upon You
And May Your "Soul" Find
It's True Path!!!

mod edit, remove censor circumvention

[edit on Mon Dec 14 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tek-Neek55

Well, I always said. "You can't eat gold". Don't believe the hype. There's a reason that people are buying gold. Its not a good one.
I have a "sinking" feeling about that one. Can you say bubble? Ha.

That's your decision. Its always good to prepare for emergencies. Regardless of SHTF scenario, or just Earthquakes, Hurricanes, etc. A little bit, goes a long way.

While I don't think you need to uproot yourself to prepare for 2012, I do think you should just be aware of whats going on. Seems to me, with this thread, you have started to grasp the meaning of Survival.

People need to understand, no matter what happens, its out of your hands. Meteor strike, Nuclear war, pole shift, etc. You can't control it, you can just take temporary precautions to try and be safe. Eventually, you will run out of these precautions and have to fend for yourself.

But, I hope by that time, we are either surviving, or doing fine. Opposite sides of the spectrum.

Hope this helps.

PS: Whatever you do, don't get obsessed with all of this. It will ruin your relationships with people. Unless, you want it that way.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tek-Neek55

I wouldn't; Personally, I would invest in a learning a wide and varied skill-set. If anything were to happen for whatever possible reason, that skill-set will save your life more than a stockpile of Gold and Silver will do.

Why bother when there is plentiful food all around in nature. Enjoy your money.

2012 will be as eventful as the hundreds of apocalyptic predictions that came and past already. I wouldn't personally move to California only because I don't want to experience what an earthquake is.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Won't really help too much in a SHTF situation. You'd do better to invest in things that will be in high demand and can help you barter for what you need. Also some personal survival gear and necessities are always a good investment.

The only food that will really last is dehydrated. Invest in a good book that identifies edible plants and medicinal plants, heirloom seeds, a book that details how to harvest and store seeds. If you're not a hunter learn how to dress you're catch. Water filter, and learn how to collect water. Always keep at least a small supply of water. Basically any food you invest in will run out, but if you invest on learning how to survive you'll always be able to have food.

I really don't think it matters where you live if something cataclysmic happens.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

No. You should invest in life and the beauty of life. Invest in nature. Invest in yourself. Invest in hope and optimism. Invest in the future....

The only hindrances that come our way are the ones that we allow to sneak past us. Always be aware of what is transpiring around you and you will be fully capable of adjusting on the move. There is no need to strike pre-meditatively. Swing when the ball is over the plate...not when it's in the pitchers hand....

It is NOT necessary. Let me say that again...IT IS NOT NECESSARY. Life your life and enjoy your time. Do not get caught up in the future because you get caught up in waiting. You should spend your time wisely...learning...loving...laughing....living...Don't spend your time waiting...Life is too long to wait it out....

A2D

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Imbalance happens with resource depletion, gender imbalance and population density. The result is war and destruction usually. Best preparation is to understand PTS and prepare for mass migration.

I'll try to find the link that describes the incidents that will happen.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
you will experience the stuff, that you are prepared for !

nothing is happening, life is good !

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ya know.. that the Big thing about learning there is stuff out there that makes you question everything. Weeding through it all. It is enough to know there are real conspiracies that can effect your life in profound ways.. but what to do about it? I think you need to study each issue to decide what is true and effects you the most personally and take it from there.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'd like to show some respect and a little bit of me.

I think your thread is great and it tells me in plane words some of the things I experience which I haven't really thought of writing down yet.
Now I won't have to.

The only reason to invest in gold or silver is in my opinion, because we are let to belief, a simple piece of metal has any value at all.

I can't help you to an answer for moving from the place to live, but if you ask me. I would get my butt out of North America. There seems to be a super volcano overdue and rumbling all day.
Where to go ? Beats me
I really don't know.

Investing in food is smart but not to much. You may get killed when disaster strikes, by a can of food between the eyes.
Would be ironic don't you think ?

Survival is all about knowledge. A single mistake can cause your demise. Even if all goes well only a tiny cut can get infected leaving you sick and kill you after.

I think it's save to say to say being prepared is ok.

But there is no possible way to totaly save. People usually get killed by something they did not think and get prepared.

Thanks you for sharing your thoughts !

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I'm sitting here contemplating on trying to figure out

Wow you are really all over the place here. I' m senseing some frustration
here, do to your own sense of urgency in looking for a solid absolute
truth. Negative or Positive dosn't really matter though does it.? It's just important to you that you know what's up! Am I right?

Couldn't tell ya!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Did something recently trigger your dilemma?

You mention investing, more specifically precious metals, is that over concern about the debt crisis?

The stock markets are still quite high and no one is expecting a fall back to the lows of last year. We do have a record treasury auction week ahead that may trigger some profit taking if yields continue to rise. The darkest forecasts I have heard this year called for a 20% pullback to the S&P 950 level in stocks.

What am I missing?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Some great advice already from the other replies. Here's my take on it:

Precious metals , particularly gold is primarily for wealth preservation, that is ,when the buck in the bank has eroded in value the yellow stuff keeps up with inflation thereby preserving any savings you have . Investing in it , the whys and wherefore's can be reviewed on a very good site called 'Kitco'. It is not something to fully invest in necessarily but people nervous about cash assets seem to get some comfort from it .

Food stocks: I'm stocking little by little , stuff with long dates on and on special promotion. What's the worst that can happen ? You're always able to entertain friends at a moments notice, if you keep an eye on the dates you can eat and replace as you go along and if food prices were to shoot up hopefully you've got a stock pile which will look very cheap in comparison!

As for location: I've just re-located from an earthquake prone zone (not primarily for that reason) to London - if the earthquakes don't get me the terrorist attacks could - truth is you have to live where you'll be happy which probably means being surrounded by the familiar faces of friends and/or family, these are the people who matter in a crisis.

Best wishes to you and look at the surfing dolphins thread , it'll make you smile !

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Dude, slow down and just don't let the 2012 planet-x reptilians from ancient egypt that now run the us-NWO government worry you. Take a deep breath... hold it.... ok.......there.

Now lets talk. Most of the stuff here is BS, but some of it is true, it is a good source of info and entertainment. Plus, you get a spin on the news like no other.

As for Gold and silver...too late and now too expensive.

Invest in food... it's always a good idea to have a well stocked pantry/root cellar...not so much for the end of the world, but more for power outages, storms, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc. Stuff does happen, and when it does, you'll have a leg up on others.

As for moving...not unless you want to. california is a nice state, or so I've been told. Everywhere has it's pluses and negatives, if you like it there, by all means stay. If something is going to happen, it's gonna happen to some degree everywhere...if not a quake in Ca, it'll be a hurricane here in NC, or a flood in La, or blizzard in NY

My suggestion to you is to prepare yourself. learn skills that will keep you alive...no, not 14 ways to kill with a butter knife. But, how to garden and grow your own food, how to positively impact your world and enviroment around you, how to expand your spiritual self...ie Bible, Torah, Quaran, or whatever, how to become self reliant...camping, live a weekend with no power, make a cabin with an axe only, learn to fish, read up on natural and homeopathic remedies, look forward to life, talk to elders that made it through hard times and how.... LIVE.

Good luck with your journey.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

best thing you can do is invest in your soul!.......Talk to a tree that can help
............just Talk!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Define true
Define truth
Define fact
Define proof

Define these by your own understanding, and with my understanding I'll try to help you understand certain things, especially regarding human gullibility and the nature of power.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

To all of you!

This is why I love ATS. I just went on a starring spree,

Unfortunately, I lossed my own thread in the depths of topics

I've been following. When I posted this thread, I was definetely

in the dark, but have followed my light back home, where my soul

truly resides. I have taken it upon myself to interract and strategize

with only likeminded individuals, seems some consider me to be a

nutcase when discussing what I feel to be important subjects.

As of now, a buddy of mine and 5 other fellows, are taking on

free energy systems, such as solar panels and power generators

to power a home in Sparks, Nevada. As well as a greenhouse in

the backyard to veg food. Quite amazing what can be done when

an individual works collectively with other likeminded individuals.

Again, thank you everyone for your input. Truly inspiring and well

thought out insight for happiness and motivation.

Peace Through Love!

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Tek-Neek55]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I feel that with a certain amount of enlightenment comes a degree of despair and the feeling at this point can be tremendous, perhaps even overwhelming at times. I read several books on philosophy by one particular author, Roy Masters, like "How Your Mind Can Keep You Well" and "How to Conquer Negative Emotions", amongst others. It was from this and other material I was reading that I came to the understanding that just about everything in reality is a lie or a matter of deception. This has come be be called the "veil of deception" and once you acknowledge this veil life can get rather disturbing.

It wasn't long after this that I came across the material written by Rene' Descartes and his "5 meditations". I would highly recommend reading this material, a quick Wiki will reveal some good sources. It was from this that I began to understand that this feeling is actually normal and I consider it a sign that I'm on the right track. Reality and our so called world is full of lies and deception yet this realization is a good thing as it unclouds your mind for the Truth. Actual Truth is a rare thing and it can only be found through Understanding. One cannot teach understanding and at the same time no one can hinder it, this is a path you must follow on your own.

From this path I have quickly found an Understanding of the world around me that is very disturbing and we all must choose how to proceed from this point. The phrase "ignorance is bliss" comes to mind but can anyone say that once they "know" the truth they would actually choose ignorance?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tek-Neek55

-------------
1. I have...Read this then you will know Gold is a good idea, unless you 'trust' the fed.. LINK to a Feb 18th post describing the political maneuvering on the hill regarding Ron Paul's Audit The Fed bill.. and in revolutionary days, pistols were used as money...because everyone could use one.

2. Depends on where you live... considering the levels of the current political madness, you sure wouldn't be wasting any money ( except the premium of freeze dried over grocery store) having 30 days of freeze dried food stashed in case you found your family hungry.. I recall 2 years ago that the largest US producer for freeze dried foods got an enormous contract form the government.. and stopped all other shipments...and re freeze dried, order a sample and cook it first before ordering a pile of the stuff...it wont matter if you survive the end of the world if your family hates you forever for the crap you bought.

3. I have no idea...and if it appears that TPTB are managing our affairs as if there was no tomorrow, perhapsthey they know something that we don't.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by seataka]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have no proof other than my personal experience. It is frustrating to those who live in a bubble and have had none of their own, my stuff is not for those.

After a while ATS has the ability to weed out the fakers, liars and hoaxers and that is a big draw here.

By sheer numbers people are coming out and creating a disclosure of individuals, they have no proof for the most part, just a solom desire to be part of the movement which alerts some and advises others to things which happen in the world that not everyone catches glimpses of.

I have read tons of threads like this one and it is always a put down for the people who have the courage to come forward without evidence or proof, they are brave in my eyes and I have the most respect for their ability to move past the personal assaults and put downs to tell their stories.

Strangely, what I have discovered is that each one is so different, it makes me wonder if our experiences are not designed for each of us on an individual basis to simply make us stronger and to help us grow so that at some point we do reach out to others and share our little piece of this huge puzzle.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Oh and with all the push for gold and silver, I dont trust it anymore, but if not precious metals which have withstood the test of time then what? One clue may be the growth rate of our world population and what it will take in the future to survive, you cant eat metals no matter how precious they are.

I believe that having a bit is a good thing just in case, but unless you are in the power elite club, hauling around gold bars will do nothing but get you killed, some silver junk may be a good trade but then again I would make it a low priority if you are just now catching on to the movement and buy friends you can trust with your life, seeds, land and ammo.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by antar]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join