It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiger attacks on humans increase in India!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Tiger attacks on humans are on the increase in the Sundarbans, the region between India and Bangladesh, and scientists are blaming this on climate change.

The mangrove forests at the mouth of the River Ganges are home to the only man-eating Tigers in the world, but this delicate eco-system is being threatened, pushing them into greater contact and conflict, with humans.

Taken from BBC website >

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Hi There! I was reading this earlier. You watch teher be a surge in sudden Tiger deaths and a influx of lion skin carpets soon then the inevitable,"save the tiger" people having a field day.

Some easy info- en.wikipedia.org...-eating_tigers

and

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
people skin tigers and we cluck, tigers eat people and we feel compelled to kill 'em all.

there are only a few thousand tigers left, there are billions of humans. if humans are going into the mangroves and getting eaten, perhaps they should just not go into the mangroves anymore.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Could this be a warning from the tigers as they know about climate change and the effect humans are having on their habitat!?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
My dog farted and it stank so much that I had to leave the house for a few minutes, can that be blamed on climate change as well?

Seems everythings being blamed on climate change, too hot? sun too bright? blame it on climate change, sun too far away? blame it on climate change, seas too blue? yep , climate change is the cause.
Man eating tigers? blame it on climate change.
The fact that there is a black market for tiger parts furs and such WILL put humans closer to tigers and there will be fights among them, way to go tigers, oops sorry their probably NWO tigers out to depopulate the planets ,due to climate change.

Cutting down trees puts us nearer to animals trying to survive there, oh and its probably DUE to us cutting down the trees which has caused 'climate change' When we we see that?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I see where your coming from

But you can't rule it out... I am sure animals are aware that their climate is changing and they are smarter than humans think!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I agree on the matter that animals are much smarter than humans think, I mean we ourselves look at the change in the behaviour of animals and it is only then we know something's changed.

Maybe the tigers are now aware that humans are the threat to their survival and have decide to kill them off, or maybe they're just hungrier (I know...lame idea). Their habitat is being destroyed and maybe the tigers have decided to do something about it - stop the ones who cause it to occur?

But who knows. There could be a link but it seems climate change is the new answer to the cause of most problems these days.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
India should listen to these words...

Be careful what you wish for.

You think people of that civilistaion would have learned by now.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I think it's only fair. Some humans will look for any excuse to hunt, it's like the surfers that go out in feeding time and get attacked then there's instantly a mob ready to cull the lot of them (even though the surfers are usually quick to defend sharks) they are defending their habitat, and by the sound of it, doing a better job then most animals can. Too many species are getting tossed out of their natural homes, shoving them into a zoo or relocating them is not always the best idea, or even a good idea at that.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Sorry just had a sick thought , tiger eats human, does it say to it friends

"They're grrrrreat!!" ???

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Sorry just had a sick thought , tiger eats human, does it say to it friends

"They're grrrrreat!!" ???

Haha... Couldn't resist eh

On a serious note though, the indians should probably be more aware that they are invading their habitat and we would do the same if someone trespassed on our property (Not eat them... Attack!)

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Wolf ]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

Sometimes the rush for money overrides the need for common sense, .
You know there are tigers in the bush from past history and hearsay.
But what the hell eh? You'll go in to the bush anyways.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Most of the people killed, need the mangroves to sustain themselves and their families. Mangroves are a fragile, important ecosystem. They offer protection against floods and erosion and are a breeding ground for many fish-species. Local fishermen, honeygatherers and firewoodcollectors entering the Sundarbans are not the problem. Much more dangerous is the destruction of this ecosystem to make place for shrimp farms or arable land.

Most tigers don't become man-eaters, but those who have tasted human flesh generally keep on killing humans. More encounters between tigers and men means more people will be killed by tigers. Sundarban tigers don't fear humans. In fact, they also enter villages and kill livestock and people. Female tigers teach this hunting strategies to their offspring.
en.wikipedia.org...

The occasional killing of a man-eating tiger will prevent most tiger attacks. Sundarban tigers will develop a healthy fear of humans. In the long run, this will both protect mangroves, as a ecosystem and Sundarban tigers, as top predators. I think this is preferable to possible alternatives like:

1 Bringing suffering to local people, by forbidding them to enter the mangroves. - Many local people will have to leave the land of their ancestors and move to the cities. Poverty and homelessness are already a depressing sight in Bangladesh and India.

2 Allow the locals to enter the mangroves, but neither the government nor the commoners act against man eating tigers. The number of man-eating tigers will increase. The live of a tiger becomes higher valued, than the live of a human. This is easy to suggest for someone, who lives far removed from nature and gets his food from a supermarket, but IMHO this is an amoral decision.

3 Destroying of the mangroves to allow locals an alternative lifestyle like shrimp farming. This is for the conservationist certainly the least attractive option. The mangroves are an important ecosystem, which is difficult to use. Furthermore, the population densities in Bangladesh and India are very high. Under similar conditions European ecosystems like swamps and primary forests have been cultivated to make place for arable land. Such a destruction could also happen in the Sundarbans.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Very well thought out post and quite accurate I believe.

I wonder if due to the destruction of their habitat, their main source of food is being affected more and therefore forcing the tigers to look elsewhere for their food supply.

All in all, I think that it is a sad day for the tigers as this will bring them one step closer to extinction. Mankind is indeed the main virus on the planet today in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Earth's population grows rapidly and uncontrolibly. Tiger have nothing left to do but to defend themselves from the threat.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Nike should just drop him and be done with it. The man is trouble!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me. I'm not trying to start anything religious here but I mean...this is just more prophecy being fulfilled...like it has been from day 1...

..."four injurious acts of judgment - sword and famine and injurious wild animal and pestilence"... (Ezekiel 4:21)

A2D

new topics

top topics

join