It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Am I Missing? (Aliens & UFOs)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
First off, I am not posting this to start trouble - I am genuinely seeking answers and carefully considering the reasons I think the way I do about this subject. I am seeking input.

I have seen many UFOs in my lifetime. Many unexplained things in the sky. I have been awakened in the night by the most incredibly blinding bright light on several occasions. I know others who have experienced these things. I know others who were "abducted". I was never abducted, and I have never seen an actual "alien" being. None of these things have ever frightened me. In fact, I wanted to find out firsthand what they were. The people with me were the ones who were afraid.

The difference between me and those I know who have had these experiences is that I don't believe we are being visited by aliens. I believe these UFOs are very real, and probably some of the "alien" stories are real as well. I just don't think it is aliens. I've always had the mindset that it is the government testing out new technology and such. "Aliens" as well, probably the result of some genetic experiment or something - I would label them as mutants.

I'm not saying there is no other life in the universe. I'm sure that is entirely possible. I just don't believe they would bother with the likes of us. If they are more evolved than we are, they'd have no reason to, and the experiences reported just don't fit, in my opinion.

The Christians I know truly think that aliens and UFOs exist, but are demons.

Those I know who have experienced these things will not talk about it, other than to share their experiences. And they are obviously frightened by them.

Personally, I just feel that if there were all these "aliens" I would know it. In my heart, I just don't believe that is what's going on.

What am I missing? What makes people think it is aliens rather than the government? Why can't I talk myself into believing in alien visitors? I've seen some crazy things with my own eyes! Even as a child, I didn't think it was aliens.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think a lot of people here are going to hate you for saying that. Why? Because this board is mainly about Aliens.

Go on a Christian board and say you believe Jesus was real, but not the son of God. See how many people support you then!

But I think everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, so I'll leave my reply.

The proof of Aliens is nothing new, go back to ancient times and look at the art and read the scriptures.
They all depict aliens and UFOs.

In other words, unless the government somehow went back in time dressed as big headed progerians... or maybe cavemen built flying saucers...?

My point is that even if you don't believe that aliens are in some of those UFOs you and I see, there is overwhelming proof that they are.

Though I do agree that the government is testing a lot of UFO technology, I still believe we are being abducted and monitered... both by aliens and the government.... even if you don't remember ibeing abdcuted afterwards.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I consider myself a "believer" but I won't flame you. Not at all.

Honestly the point you make is valid and you may very well be right. I could launch into any number of arguments but the only thing we can say with (almost) certainty is that the phenomenon is real but the hypotheses are yet to be proven.

Nuff sed

Serendipitynow? You oxymoron!

[edit on 14-12-2009 by OZtracized]

[edit on 14-12-2009 by OZtracized]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by serendipitynow

You may be right. Truth is we don't know what's inside UFOs, that's why they're unidentified. There have been many reports about alien beings being inside, but there's no concrete evidence.

I don't think it's the government though because UFOs go back hundreds of years (if not more) unless they're experimenting with time travel (and are from some not so distant future)

Some Christians I've talked to believe UFOs are angels. I think these speaks to a fairly simple truth - if God and his angels do exist they would technically be alien to Earth and be considered ET.

Why do you say you'd know it in your heart if they were aliens? How would you know it? Do you have some sort of sixth sense for sensing aliens

Whatever the answer is we need to find out, that's why we should ask for disclosure and find out whether the government knows anymore than we do. Anyway thanks for sharing your honest opinion

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm sure a substantial portion of UFO sightings are the government/military. But what makes people think it's aliens, in my opinion, is the behavior of some of the UFOs. A lot of them simply don't behave in a manner consistent with military testing.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
A good discussion I think! Why would they bother with us?!

Well, no matter how you think about humans, we're an amazing species. We live in a state of the constantly bizarre;
We want to be individuals, just like everyone else.
We watch murders and torture on TV, but are offended by the word "F-uck".
We worry about the state of the planet whilst driving an SUV 1/2 mile to buy groceries.
We want everyone to be equal, but not as equal as us.
We have males and females - an idea which could be uncommon
No matter what you expect from the far flung corners of the universe, it will never be as unusual as what you have here on this planet.
Just from this point alone, we would be an item of interest on alien agenda.

Then you have the size of the universe. Huge, massive gulfs of space, filled with dust or even a few atoms. When you do find a rock, it has to be the right distance from the sun so the life on it doesn't burn, freeze or become irradiated. So from that view point, we're an oasis in a desert, and worthy of investigating

If they are more advanced than us, then we could be interesting from an archeological point of view. If they're just 2000 years ahead of us, then it would be similar to us viewing Ancient Rome. Ofcourse if you were to go to Ancient Rome, you wouldn't want it disturbing, so you observe, and if you would like biological samples, you would try to ensure that the subject is not aware of this.

I have not seen any evidence of alien visitation to satisfy myself, but I still believe, and one day it'll happen. Will it be in my life time, I hope so ...if they're friendly

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I see it this way: Sciences' current best estimate at the amount of stars in our universe is somewhere in the vicinity of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars (thats 1 with 24 zeroes after it). I think it is silly to believe that life doesn't exist out there somewhere (doesn't necessarily have to be intelligent life - could just be pond scum but it's still life).

Now on the subject of intelligent life having visited Earth, my personal opinion is that there are just too many stories, legends, artifacts and drawings that have filtered down throughout the ages about extraterrestrial visitation to ignore. Many of these examples predate Christianity and all other forms of modern religion. To dismiss these as evidence is to do a disservice to science and archaeology in particular.

Their interest in us (assuming that they are, in fact, visiting) could be as mundane as scientific observation of humanity or as exciting as they may be studying us to determine if we are a suitable species to fit in with a universal community.

[edit on 14/12/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by serendipitynow

You may be right. Truth is we don't know what's inside UFOs, that's why they're unidentified. There have been many reports about alien beings being inside, but there's no concrete evidence.

I don't think it's the government though because UFOs go back hundreds of years (if not more) unless they're experimenting with time travel (and are from some not so distant future)

Some Christians I've talked to believe UFOs are angels. I think these speaks to a fairly simple truth - if God and his angels do exist they would technically be alien to Earth and be considered ET.

Why do you say you'd know it in your heart if they were aliens? How would you know it? Do you have some sort of sixth sense for sensing aliens

Whatever the answer is we need to find out, that's why we should ask for disclosure and find out whether the government knows anymore than we do. Anyway thanks for sharing your honest opinion

I don't know all that much about aliens in ancient history. From what I have heard about, it is based on drawings and such and to me, that is based on the viewer's interpretation of the drawings.
And whose to say these historic proofs have not been tampered with or lied about? The very same argument is used when trying to convince people the bible is not to be taken seriously.
The fact is, we don't really know.

As far as the feeling it in my heart thing, I do tend to sense things. Much like many believe in a God based on faith alone, I guess? If that makes any sense?

At the same time, I just feel like I'm missing a big part of the picture that is right in front of me, and I have no idea what it is.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I see it this way: Sciences' current best estimate at the amount of stars in our universe is somewhere in the vicinity of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars (thats 1 with 24 zeroes after it). I think it is silly to believe that life doesn't exist out there somewhere (doesn't necessarily have to be intelligent life - could just be pond scum but it's still life).

Now on the subject of intelligent life having visited Earth, my personal opinion is that there are just too many stories, legends, artifacts and drawings that have filtered down throughout the ages about extraterrestrial visitation to ignore. Many of these examples predate Christianity and all other forms of modern religion. To dismiss these as evidence is to do a disservice to science and archaeology in particular.

Their interest in us (assuming that they are, in fact, visiting) could be as mundane as scientific observation of humanity or as exciting as they may be studying us to determine if we are a suitable species to fit in with a universal community.

[edit on 14/12/2009 by Kryties]

I do believe it is entirely possible for there to be other life in the universe. I don't doubt that at all. It is much more likely that there is, than there isn't.

I could use the very same archealogical/history argument as proof that there is a God. Instead, I take it to mean that man has always believed in something bigger than himself. I appreciate what you are saying. I just don't know enough of about those subjects to form an honest opinion. The little I've seen/heard about hasn't convinced me.

I'm starting to understand why disclosure is so important.

See, I've been a bit enlightened already!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by serendipitynow
The little I've seen/heard about hasn't convinced me.

OK, so I'm not sure of what you have read about and what you haven't. I personally have read hundreds of different reports and claims on various websites and other places - many of which are obvious hoaxes or misinterpretations, but others of which there is no known explanation or reason except aliens.

I was going to find a few of them for you but while I do, sink your teeth into this page for an overview of some of the better, recent evidence.....

www.newscientist.com...

Over the years many hints have emerged that there might be life beyond Earth. New Scientist looks at 10 of the most hotly-debated discoveries.

1. 1976, The Viking Mars landers detect chemical signatures indicative of life

2. 1977, The unexplained extraterrestrial "Wow!" signal is detected by an Ohio State University radio telescope

3. 1996, Martian "fossils" are discovered in meteorite ALH80041 from Antarctica

4. 2001, A more rigorous estimate of the "Drake equation" suggests that our galaxy may contain hundreds of thousands of life-bearing planets

5. 2001, The red tinge of Jupiter's moon Europa proposed to be due to frozen bits of bacteria, which also helps explain the mysterious infrared signal it gives off

6. 2002, Russian scientists argue that a mysterious radiation-proof microbe may have evolved on Mars

7. 2002, Chemical hints of life are found in old data from Venus probes and landers. Could microbes exist in Venusian clouds?

8. 2003, Sulphur traces on Jupiter's moon Europa may be the waste products of underground bacterial colonies

9. 2004, Methane in the Martian atmosphere hints at microbial metabolism

10. 2004, A mysterious radio signal is received by the SETI project on three occasions - from the same region of space

If you go to the site itself and scroll down it gives explanations of each.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimothyMartin
I think a lot of people here are going to hate you for saying that. Why? Because this board is mainly about Aliens.

Go on a Christian board and say you believe Jesus was real, but not the son of God. See how many people support you then!

But I think everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, so I'll leave my reply.

The proof of Aliens is nothing new, go back to ancient times and look at the art and read the scriptures.

In other words, unless the government somehow went back in time dressed as big headed progerians... or maybe cavemen built flying saucers...?

My point is that even if you don't believe that aliens are in some of those UFOs you and I see, there is overwhelming proof that they are.

Though I do agree that the government is testing a lot of UFO technology, I still believe we are being abducted and monitered... both by aliens and the government.... even if you don't remember ibeing abdcuted afterwards.

wrong. the main things on here are about obama, sarah palin, tiger woods and mily cyrus.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

He means that this particular forum section, entitled "Aliens and UFOs" is mainly about aliens. He is not referring to the entire website.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
"Why would Aliens come to Earth?"

Well, lets say one day we finally develop the technology to explore other solar systems. If we find another habitable planet, but less evolved technologically than ours, would we still explore it? Or would we just ignore it?

"Bah, we didn't spend so many years developing this technology to find get in contact with these cavemen. Lets move on!"

I bet we WOULD explore it. Otherwise the Europeans wouldn't have explored the New World. Europe was far more advanced technologically than the indians.

Actually, when we begin our exploration of other solar systems, I really hope we find a inhabitable planet with no other intelligent life in it, or with one we can deal with safely. And yes, by that I mean less advanced technologically. Not sayting a more advanced civilization would be a threat to us.... but I would rather not risk it just yet.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by henriquefd]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Its hard to say and what to think about Aliens but what I have seeing on my two eyes on my lifetime I think they are advanced race to manouver those vechiles so smoothly and silently in the skyes and it allmost eerie feelings to seeing them moving.

I have 3 cases when seeing those 'things' and first one is when I'm like 11 old and those times there multiple eye-wittnesm me and some of my buddyes, we haveing fun on the beach and some are older than me but whatever, well we all seeing when 5-disk shape craft flying on the sky and they are in V-formation!, and suddenly some of the craft come so close to us at I'm seeing very clear at its a Disk shape and its lights rapidly moving it (like fluid), and where that light moves, they looks like some windows where is 'constantly moving light-waterkind fluid' and it is a amazing sight.

And some time its hovering there(hard to say how much time),but it join the other samekind of ships,silently moving there and looks like her buddyes waited her to come and they using somekind of code b'cos they flashes theyr light faster to eachother and then they rapidly vanish in the clouds on above.

Yeah,I sure think at They are and it is maybe a once of a lifetime to see them...or not!?, I have 2 other case when I have seeing some extraordinary sightings but thats a another story.

I am not use anykind of drugs expect smoke tobakko and sometimes little alcohol(very rear), or medicins and so on..
I am new on this ATS but readed some stuff many times in here na d why I joined this place is this b'cos I thing is it grazy at TV-media or other hardly tell us whats going on on world!,they tell us some stories yeah but cleaned one, not whats really going on or I just imagination things, dont think so.

I think and it seems to me at this year and next we see many things what strike our reality and imagination to new lvl to understand things.

sry my bad english b'cos it is not my motherlanguance and I try my best ok.

Peace to all.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by serendipitynow
I believe these UFOs are very real, and probably some of the "alien" stories are real as well. I just don't think it is aliens.

Very intelligent post. Yes UFOs are real. The alien abduction stories are perceived to be real events by the people that have them, but that perception that it's a real event doesn't automatically mean it was, especially if hypnotists may have aided in the recollection of false memories.

But to conclude that we know for certain what the unknown UFOs are seems premature. Until they are identified, they are unidentified, that is why we call them UFOs.

Yes there probably is life elsewhere as you said. We can only speculate about what the alien motivations might be for their travels, there could be lots of reasons such as exploration, searching for resources, scientific interest in developing cultures, galactic domination, or perhaps even other motivations we can't even guess.

But until we get some proof of what these UFOs are, they remain a mystery and there's no reason to jump to the conclusion they are aliens though that could be one possible explanation for some of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and I believe in aliens and ufos without resorting to the whole satanic deception thing. My beliefs are more along the lines of what the certain members of the Catholic church believe. No, they're not demons although I'm willing to say that some demon myths may have originated from nocturnal visitations and/or incidents in the past that were probably alien in nature. I have also noticed a pattern with supernatural or miraculous occurences all happening in areas connected to the Church and these areas are almost always major hubs for UFO activity. My wife, a devout Catholic, won't theorize on the subject but does believe they are servants of God as she has seen flying saucers in Catholic imagery all her life. Perhaps it's this pattern that has led the church to take the ET question a little more seriously.
Regardless of what anyone believes, I am almost 100% certain that there are external forces out there watching and we need to be watching also. Demonic or not.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thanks so much for all that! I'll be checking it all out over the next few days

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
wrong. the main things on here are about obama, sarah palin, tiger woods and mily cyrus.

I missed the Miley Cyrus stuff! Gotta link?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

You just hit a nerve...ty! That makes complete sense. And was always right there, too.

We don't exactly have a good track record when it comes to discovering new lands and respecting the original inhabitants.

Thank you for giving me something to think about.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimothyMartin

Fine, but you didn't address the possibility that they are demons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join