It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea party patriots wants mandatory Christmas in schools

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Lets cut to the Chase... NO OTHER Religion or Tradition faces THIS, let alone for one of the happiest best times of the year;

banned from climate summit

corporations banning the use of word Christmas

Every Major retailer...it's Obscene

christmas banned in jersey school district

Teacher bans kindergarden student from giving out Xmas cards, Oregon

Nice to teach a Kid his religion is somehow offensive

White House bans Ornaments

Can swear on a Koran but God forbid Jesus was on an ornament right?

Wisconsin/ Xmas Carols banned Hanukah Okay

Are there even more than 20 Jews in Wisconsin anyway...????

75% of British Employers ban decorations

Why? What it's England for Christs sake... why even go to work over the Holidays and deal with this crap?

Homeowners association 25$ a day fine for wreathes

That's a persons HOME

Caroling banned in UK neighborhood

I don't support the BNP

But this is the best response EVER

Regardless of her Common Purpose do-gooders claiming these Muslim gits consider our Christmas celebrations and carol singing to be an affront to their sensibilities we have to put up with some infidel prick screamin his effin’ head off several times a day – pre-dawn an after dark – from the top of their manky mosque’s minaret! Now that does do yer effin’ head in.”

Crude...but CORRECT and that's every day, not One lousy time a year

Virginia Ban

No Virginia there ain't no Santa Claus

school ban Massachusets

Is there even a More Wonder bread eating xmas loving state to do this in?

/forum/showthread.php?t=250109]Gulf Coast U bans Christmas Music from Christmas Concert

This requires Use of the word Retarded in a proper context and completely validates my use of the word

Okay...

It's a sickness this PC agenda it's EVIL it's wrong it's oppressive...

I could go down the list for days of what is being done in America and the UK AGAINST the bulk of the peoples beliefs and wishes.

This is a singled out agenda against a Tradition a Culture and a Religion

It might not seem like a very important topic, but this is the way they do it....till you have NOTHING left but the STATE and STERILITY

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Mopus, my brother and new Friend. I've starred just about all of your post in this thread.

I agree with you 100% on the things you have said and ideas brought up.

Americanism's are slowly being strangled out of our daily traditions and culture because of a small minority of people find them 'offensive, oppressive, religious, sexist, or anti-them'. And a sad fact is, America is allowing it to happen. One can only bend over so far before they break.

We've built this wonderful country and it's founding ideals to ensure that individuals have the freedom and the right to seek peace, success, and happiness, however they legally see fit.

Now, it's been abused and is under attack by those same individuals that willingly came here for those reasons and by the ones that were born here who've grown up taking advantage of those freedoms and laws of protection.

America is slowly unraveling from the inside and unless people finally take a stand and say ENOUGH!, we have little hope of our childrens children being raised in the same wonderful country.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Thank You

It's all just another piece of the Globalist Agenda

From Climate Change to Xmas a depopulation generic uni cultural threat to EVERYONE of ALL Races and Creeds and Religions

I stand firmly against it.

It makes what the Nazi's wanted look like a day at the Beach.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I see no problem with this. The reason why I am for this motion, is because as of recent there has been this major push AGAINST Christmas in the school system where I live (Also where I attended school from K-12). When I was in Public School, we celebrated all of the Holidays, and especially so in Elementary School. In Music class we would sing Christmas carols, in our classrooms we would have trees and decorate accordingly. During Hanukkah we would have some of the Jewish parents come in and teach us about their religion and subsequent Holiday. We had a VERY diverse school, and as a matter of fact, the entire system here is extremely diverse.

Now however, the teachers are essentially forbidden from displaying Christmas themed decor, or from even saying "Merry Christmas" (Without having to possibly add every other Holiday into the same sentence). It is an unwritten rule that you can no longer celebrate any religious Holiday, PERIOD, and to me this drips of absolute Leftist-Atheist ulterior motives.

It is one thing to say that you should not preach a Religion in a Public School, or that you should not have the right to judge or grade based upon such, but it is another issue ENTIRELY to somehow suppress religious beliefs and Holidays. By preventing individuals from taking part in, and being allowed to share their traditions in school, we are not only robbing our children of a diverse understanding, but we are also hiding them from the reality of this World.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I see no problem with this. The reason why I am for this motion, is because as of recent there has been this major push AGAINST Christmas in the school system where I live (Also where I attended school from K-12). When I was in Public School, we celebrated all of the Holidays, and especially so in Elementary School. In Music class we would sing Christmas carols, in our classrooms we would have trees and decorate accordingly. During Hanukkah we would have some of the Jewish parents come in and teach us about their religion and subsequent Holiday. We had a VERY diverse school, and as a matter of fact, the entire system here is extremely diverse.

All of the holidays? Really? I doubt that highly. You only listed two religions so far. You do know there are a lot more religions than two. How many Muslim holidays did you celebrate? Bhudist? Native American? Pagan?

Now however, the teachers are essentially forbidden from displaying Christmas themed decor, or from even saying "Merry Christmas" (Without having to possibly add every other Holiday into the same sentence). It is an unwritten rule that you can no longer celebrate any religious Holiday, PERIOD, and to me this drips of absolute Leftist-Atheist ulterior motives.

It is one thing to say that you should not preach a Religion in a Public School, or that you should not have the right to judge or grade based upon such, but it is another issue ENTIRELY to somehow suppress religious beliefs and Holidays. By preventing individuals from taking part in, and being allowed to share their traditions in school, we are not only robbing our children of a diverse understanding, but we are also hiding them from the reality of this World.

This is not about preventing people from celebrating holidays. This is about forcing them to spend school time celebrating one particular holiday. I still do not understand why so many of you think your kids need to do this during school time or else they do not get to at all. I would rather take my kids caroling myself than have then sing frosty during math time.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s
I don't suppose allowing each of the denominations in a class to have a day to share/educate their fellow classmates on what they celebrate, why and how would satisfy anyone here?

It would satisfy me 100%.

Originally posted by Angus123
Amusing... they want less government in our lives, except when it comes to public schools.

And abortion... and who sleeps with whom and who marries whom... and so on... As long as it's their belief system that the government is enforcing in our lives, then they're all for it.

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
What kind of CREEPS want Christmas to go away?

Who has even SUGGESTED that Christmas "go away"? No one that I have seen. You're responding to something that hasn't even been said.

NO OTHER Religion or Tradition faces THIS, let alone for one of the happiest best times of the year;

That's because NO OTHER religion has forced and crammed their belief system on the public and into the government the way that Christians have. What you're seeing is a REACTION to the Christian "movement" to make all people (by law if necessary) behave in line with Christian values. And the people (even though they are a small percentage of the whole) are saying, "NO! We have free choice! Leave us alone! Get your religion out of my government, my bed, my schools, my marriage, my uterus and out of my life!" Christians and their movement have brought on this backlash and are now playing the victim.

Some have the mindset of wanting Christmas freely practiced and taught in schools TO THE EXCLUSION of all other religious and secular holidays at this time of year. As if these other holidays and celebrations somehow threaten the existence of their holiday. It's exactly like the opinion that the existence of any other "god" or the idea of "no god" threatens their God's existence... I ask them to consider that other holidays are not in competition with Christmas. Christmas can be fully and completely enjoyed while others are fully and completely enjoying their chosen celebration.
Think about it. The shouts of "Happy Solstice" and "Season's Greetings" do NOT take away from anyone's celebration of Christmas... unless they decide that it does.

Therefore, the celebration of Christmas (or any occasion) is in each person's hands, not others who choose to celebrate the season in a different way. Will they continue to allow others' celebrations to detract from their experience? Or will they take responsibility for their own expression of Christmas and stop crying about what other people are doing at this time of year?

As I have said, I believe ALL holidays represented in a school can and should be recognized by a nod to that holiday. All or NONE. They shouldn't mention Hanukkah and then spend 6 weeks preparing for the Christmas presentation.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I do feel the need to clarify something. I love Christmas and I enjoy every aspect of it. I just do not feel that forcing it to be celebrated in public schools is a great priority. Look at our kids test scores compared to other countries. We are raising illiterate punks that are only good for the factory jobs we have shipped overseas. I just really hate to see any one religion feel it needs to force children in school to celebrate and I really do not want them spending time on EVERY religion. Kids have lives outside of school. They have all afternoon and evening. They have a week off here and there all the time. They have weekends. They are in school 7 hours a day. I think it is sad that anyone thinks that their children will suffer if they have to spend that mere 7 hours in school learning something. This is what private schools are for. Besides, who are they kidding? Christmas is great and kids all love it but do they not know what happens when you begin to FORCE children to do something? Anyway. I am not anti-Christmas. I just feel that this is a horrible use of government and a waste of time for our schools.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Trust the defenders of this "initiative" to play victim again. We dont want their religion breathing down our government, our public establishments so all of a sudden we "want to ban christmas". Wait to go to turn this entire arguments around.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Eliminate the federal government from schools. Let each state decide what to do.

...and in just a few years we'll have medrese's instead of schools and Taliban camps for some fun summer activity. Thanks but no thanks.

I want my Christmas back!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ok, I might be coming a little from left field but,

This country is amazingly full of sh*t. Lol

The pledge of allegiance has God in it. "In God We Trust" is all over our money. At one point or another, we say "Oh my God", or "God help!"

God isn't a religion. So saying you believe in God doesn't make you a religious person. Singing a song about a holiday you've been celebrating since forever doesn't make you religious. In my opinion, children don't sing enough songs these days. And come on, it's just music! We're not giving them the knowledge to destroy!

This country is full of hypocrisy! To refer to God as a higher power and creator of life but then still fully fund the research that proves otherwise.

In truth, NONE OF US knows what's going on anymore, anywhere. We are all in the dark. We are just EXISTING instead of LIVING.

We as people are never satisfied. America, especially, is never satisfied. That's the real issue.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Whats wrong with having your child participate in a school activity with all of their friends? When I was in elementary school, we were all in choir and sang the songs in front of the school. We had so much fun doing it and our concerts rocked. It gave us an opportunity to explore. It was never really about CHRISTMAS and Jesus but just about kids uniting and making music together. As in teamwork? Why would a person want to exclude their child from having a little christmas fun at school? It teaches them that yes, you can have good fun because yes, you have been working your little butts off in math all year.

This is about preventing people from celebrating LIFE. All work and no play will drive a person MAD.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No one has "FORCED" Christmas down anyone's throat, that's a ridiculous notion...

Somewhere in the course of your life you have entirely forgotten your childhood...

Christmas was never

"Forced" down my throat

I remember even though i'm Jewish sitting around practically praying for a White Christmas, my parents taking me for walks and drives to see the Lights Every Where, flipping out At the Macy's day parade when Santa Came at the end...

It was way too festive and Happy for any Child to resist.

There were the inevitable Xmas Parties my parents would get invited to, the 1x a Year I could count on my Dad getting a bit of a shine on and loosing up from a More "Red Foreman" persona.

The food would be great, early Kisses under the Mistle Toe when a young Teen...

Cartoons all Night I looked forward to every year.

People giving presents for no reason every where

Kids in my class I never knew even thought about me giving me out cards and hugs.

The Music was always Lovely

This was forced down my throat?

You know... I read your Obama posts all the time, if you can look back at childhood and actually say This was FORCED down your throat, you really need to address what I have been saying in here about LIBERALS having gone off the deep end and become a real bunch of oppressive psychos

Because I am sure this wasn't FORCED on you and negative when you were Real when you were a kid.

Maybe it's time you asked yourself when hatred of everything was induced in you by Vile philosophies and propaganda growing up.

And trust me if you like Kwanzaa better...

No one will be trying to tell you not to sit alone in a candle lit room with a bowl of fruit

Or

If you prefer Hanukkah better, your welcome to spin that Dradel all night long.

No One will be push Christmas at a Grinch

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

And yeah...

They should "mention" Hanukkah and then spend 6 weeks preparing for Christmas

A: while an important holiday and worthy of mention, Hanukkah does NOT hold the significance of Christmas in a Historical or in a Religious manner... The only reason it's as big as it is, is to try to compete with Christmas

It's the celebration of a Miracle during a war, okay...big Holiday, maybe... only to the Jews, no significance to anyone else.

Christmas...

Is celebrated with traditions going way back to Pagan cultures symbolism used from everywhere from the Middle East, Europe and Russia, a huge portion of the civilized world from the Mushroom Colors, to the Tree, to the tradition of Winter Feast at the Solstice it was a Celebration of Survival that in some aspects goes back THOUSANDS of Years

Christ

Jesus was a Jew, Jesus was a Saint in the Jewish Religion until the 13th Century, Jesus still is Prophet to Islam

He is recognized by 4 Billion Monotheists as Some form of Biblical Reality

The reforms he tried to bring to the Jewish temple and that piece of History it could be said still has to represent more to us as Jews in terms of History and Outcome than the events of Hanukkah

Christmas as FAR more relevance to far more people including Jews than Hanukkah ever could.

B: Come off the oppressive nonsense

I am Jewish, I've made sure to say it a 100 x

Even in NYC, we were majorly the minority in school, it was nice to be recognized by cards and gifts and parties where SORRY my people are NOT that festive...

And in a "Jewish neighborhood" 2/3 of the houses were Christmas deco'd

I see no reason, all those people should have Changed their tradition to accommodate me, particularly when they went through all that trouble t build it up into such a grandiose thing

I'll say this...

I don't know any other Jews that were opening their doors for Hanukkah

There were no Hanukkah parties in which all the Christians on the block were invited... I LOVE my people, but NO this never happened...

There was NOTHING to include anyone else, no cards being given to strangers, no songs no festivals...

Bottom LINE Hanukkah offers nothing... NOTHING to anyone else BUT us Jews, it's a SMALL Holiday

By comparison FAR FROM FORCED

Christians invite EVERYBODY IN

To paint Xmas as some, play on Forcing people to be Christian is NONSENSE

The Fat Old Italian Guy with the 20,000 light set up didn't do that to CONVERT people he did that to SHARE with his Community, something No one ever did for Hanukkah

It didn't matter growing up if you were the Jewish Kid, the Kid from Pakistan, a Black guy

You were invited, the celebration is put out there for everyone... there is NO agenda of Christ, there is nothing of the sort

The only thing and culture that comes close... China, Chinese new Year

A TIME when differences are GENUINELY dropped and a Celebration begins...

KWANZAA

Is for Black People... it's secular, it's not very festive, it offers nothing for OTHERS

DITTO for Hanukkah

Christmas was GIVEN OPENLY, YOU ARE INVITED

You will most assuredly attend at least ONE x-mas festivity this year

WHY?

Because Unlike Hanukkah and Xmas you will be INVITED not forced...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Seiko
Schools aren't in session in the states on Christmas day; problem saved.

Common sense would have us know this is around the christmas period and not on christmas day necessarily. Heres the initiative, which states as an appropriate time of year, which is around the christmas period:

big.assets.huffingtonpost.com...

Where on earth did they restrict this to christmas day? Did you read the article? And just because its not on the actual religious day, this justifies it being mandatory in schools? If we made it mandatory in schools to sing islamic religious tunes, regardless of whether it was away from the actual 7 days of islamic fast, would that be an excuse? Would you be making excuses as you are now?

We're talking about an unconstitutional ammendment, but you dont seem to give a damn about that fact Seiko. Cant say Im surprised as its not another Obama thread. Im terribly sorry to dissappoint.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Southern Guardian]

Was about to say similiar to the writer of that.. my 7 year old is in 3rd grade (year 3 as its known here) and ever since around mid November the carols and christmas propaganda began.. sadly the seperation of church and state hasnt happened on this side of the ocean (yet, one hopes) but i am just kind of giving an example that its not the day itself (as yes, or course schools are not in session during that time)..but is in fact pushed way before December even arrives.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Of 49 Million People in England (aprox) 42 Million are some denomination by heritage or practice of Christianity

Islam only represents 3% of the population...

Yet 75% of the workplace doesn't allow Xmas decorations, areas have banned Caroling for this one month of the year give or take a week

BUT

Islamic practitioners are allowed to sing, morning and night over public ear shot

On what level is that fair? Or appropriate to the bulk of the people?

I think....

The original aspect of this thread Christmas being Mandated is simply a REACTION from a person who is angry, no one should be FORCED to participate beyond their religion...

So lets forget about simple respect for the culture you live in, lets forget about being part of your society and showing tolerance to the place you came to live...

The Mandated part of this is ridiculous, but, it is a reaction to the reality of what is happening which is utterly biased, utterly derogatory of the mass culture and utterly one sided in favor of pushing outside influences over the culture that built that Nation as it is.

My attack...

Is on the Banning and not allowing of xmas... While other groups and NOT trying to pick on them, but my own Hanukkah and Islam have free reign to express themselves

Let's look please for one second at WORK and SCHOOL in AMERICA since this PC fair for everyone even if it's only 2 people nonsense began...

Our drop out Rate is 50% + in Our HS

Our work ethic has plummeted

Why is this?

I have a very simple Theory...

It SUCKS these days to go to Work and School because it's not FUN Anymore...

You can't date in a place you spend over half your life, you can't bring your traditions, you can't Sing your songs, you can't socialize, you are restricted from every aspect of Human behavior and Culture...

People need a reason to Get UP in the morning...

Work for most alone is NOT enough, it needs to have SOUL

The issue is not separation of Church and State, the real issue is separation of LIFE from Work and School...

I would support the rights of those Muslims to Sing in the AM just as I support the rights of Carolers...

It's not an issue of Bias...

It's quality of life...

We ALL Know what Corporate Lobbying has done to this country....

This is NOT being pushed by black people wanting Kwanzaa to dominate Xmas or Jews wanting to dominate Xmas or almost anyone angry about Xmas... This is Pushed by Corporate efficiency experts and Govt Economists who don't want time taken away from real school propaganda for ENJOYMENT, don't want people to miss days at work, want to maximize employment by enlisting all people into both work and consumerism

The REAL culprits have NOTHING to do with Tolerance or care for others or respect for culture at all.

the bottom line is Christmas as we know it is as costly as it is profitable...

Lost work time, lost school time, sick days, excessive spending, high power bills, the money spent does not = the money lost anymore

And they make up and put out this crap... in order to gain support for ruining the nicest friendliest time of year because they want you working and learning to be a COG not handing out cards and cookies and singing...

A Joyless suit wearing bunch of Gits who only care about Money, the same type of jerks who make Fast food employees put 2 less packets of Ketchup into your happy meal because somewhere after a billion burgers are purchased some jerk off makes a million extra dollars...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No one has "FORCED" Christmas down anyone's throat, that's a ridiculous notion...

I didn't say that they had. Reread my post if you didn't understand it.

You know... I read your Obama posts all the time, if you can look back at childhood and actually say This was FORCED down your throat, you really need to address what I have been saying in here about LIBERALS having gone off the deep end and become a real bunch of oppressive psychos

Honey, you just went off the deep end big time about something I didn't even say...
What do my posts about Obama have to do with this?

The only reason it's as big as it is, is to try to compete with Christmas

There's that crazy "competing holidays" notion again. :shk: There's room and time for all! The holidays don't have to compete!

You will most assuredly attend at least ONE x-mas festivity this year

I will not. I don't celebrate Christmas. But I'm finding your assumptions about me and your rampage quite entertaining.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i think this is an isolated radical individual who has lost his sense of patriotism, its sad to see

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Happy Festivus! I hope you will enjoy this little ditty.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I like the original song a lot better.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that I have anything against Christmas or that I think everyone should be politically correct about it. That's far from the truth. I think Christmas is pretty, wondrous and neat, especially for kids. I have no problem with people celebrating it. I just don't.

And if you think I support political correctness, you don't know me very well at all.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Okay... I shouldn't make any assumptions FAIR and FAIR

But let me ask you this...

And without any at all assumptions based on other threads...

Would you Attend a Chinese New Year celebration?

If so why that but not Xmas when both are nothing more in the end than a HUGE Cultures Festivities?

Also

Why would you not attend a Christmas Party this year if invited?

What does a festivity and celebration en mass of a culture stand to take away from you if you participate? Is this somehow denigrating your own beliefs to Share in a celebratory time with the bulk of the people you live around?

I will say these few things before you respond...

I absolutely believe you have the right to not participate if you choose, I don't think anyone should be FORCED to participate, I simply find it... honestly somewhat, Intellectually elitist... and likewise alienating to others...

If I was for example to go over the reservation tomorrow where I could legally participate in a psychedelic ritual or lived there and that was going on that month... I would participate...

If I went to Mecca on Ramadan I would observe their rules and traditions...

On St Patrick Day I will drink the Green Beer

For Cinco De mayo I gladly go and strike a Pinata

I as a Jew... willing appreciate German culture... You will never hear me bring up, what they did to my people because the simple and obvious truth almost none of those people are Alive...

The only thing I WONT participate in...

Remembering a cultures misdeeds from decades or centuries past as opposed to celebrating the good...

So I ask...

Why, why not participate in Christmas, when 90% of the Nation will be Celebrating, when most people... Black, White Jewish gentile.... are getting together and opening presents and speaking GOOD WORDS and remembering the Bright Side of their culture...

Why sit there and focus on what is wrong during such a time?

Why not just enjoy it?

In simple statement...

I think the Chinese Military buildup is in vain, it is despicable what is happening in Tibet, the Nation wages an economic war against us, has a history of repression this century

But what has that to do with... when 500,000 Chinese Americans hit the streets with Dragons and Fireworks in a State of Joy?

In what manner do they reflect their leaders or wrong doings when they are out there to celebrate all the WONDERFUL things the culture has done...

If I was one of 3 Caucasian Kids in class in China Town would I or should I ever stop them from singing their songs that month? or making paper dragons?

What purpose would this serve other than division, what gain is that?

You can say anything you want about any culture...

But those few times a year when people come to their senses and CELEBRATE life celebrate the GOOD their cultures has done... why sit on a Moral high horse and think of the bad? Why refuse to break bread with them and share in the experience?

How for the Love of God can that ever help anything?

In all seriousness...

If I said to you right now and we were close enough by locale... lets forget that we have polar opposite political views, lets put aside politics... this is MY Holiday, I am having food and people over, we are going to sing songs, we are going to give gifts this ONE WEEK...

Why would you refuse the invitation?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join