It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea party patriots wants mandatory Christmas in schools

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Never will get anywhere...

But the person has a point on a Level...

I'm a Jew and I celebrate Christmas, because well, Christmas is much more fun than Hanukkah

If you choose to celebrate it purely as the "birth of Jesus" that is your prerogative, but most of the traditions and celebration is winter solstice

And Frankly Christmas should be declared a National Holiday

It's a GREAT Holiday a fantastic celebration and a tradition for everyone including the break for kids, Santa Claus

Seriously...quite Frankly i'll kick someones butt on purpose every year if they make Christmas go away

So screw Kwanzaa and Hanukkah takes a back seat and frankly I don't give a damn what weird thing comes along in place this year or next...

Christmas just gets put down lower every year and it's retarded, stores that wont say he word and all that junk...

I Look forward every year to my mid winters feast... and break and the Tree and the music and everyone being happy...

Okay... Christmas rules...

Hanukkah doesn't make anyone HAPPY the way Christmas does... Neither does Kwanzaa

We have to respect WHAT ELSE IN THIS SEASON?

KWANZAA?

Ron Karenga created Kwanzaa in 1966 as the first specifically African-American holiday.

It's total crap... it was invented in 1966 to screw over a great happy holiday that basically ROCKS and the traditions (if you can call a figment of a pissed off brothers imagination a tradition) they stink by comparison... BORING...wheres the booze and the girls is cute little outfits...

Why did this imbecile invent this and why do we support it... Little Black Children WANT SANTA too

How do I know this?

Because as a Jew, One cheap crap gift every day for a week bites by comparison to a Fat Jolly drunk that unloads GIANT GIFTS

I wanted to tell my parents to shove that god damned draddle right up their (CENSORED)

What kind of CREEPS want Christmas to go away?

I say it clearly my people representing less than 1% of this nation need to shut up on this one...

Kwanzaa is Completely made up

I don't Care about offended Islamics their Holidays SUCK MOST OF ALL and the rest of us don't need to suffer for their lame boring can't have any fun beliefs...

I've never seen an Asian complain about Christmas EVER

It's an AMERICAN Holiday... it should be protected

Wow...

You know this person must have a point if even a Jewish guy is getting this worked up about what they are doing to Christmas...

Damn no good Grinch's... CHRISTMAS IS MAGIC YOU PIGS

No god damned Egg Nog and Rum for blasted Hanukkah... Never seen a Muslim walk for days to fricken Mistletoe... Kwanzaa... Fruit, thanks allot jerk offs...

Let's serve FRUIT instead of a Giant Turkey.... Give kids cheap little spinning tops... or just sit in silence or go on a pilgrimage till my feet bleed...

I'm sorry

I have NO RESPECT for ANY of the other Christmas competitors... those Holidays SUCK

[edit on 14-12-2009 by mopusvindictus]

You are a disgustingly small minded individual and am embarrassed that you and I share the labels of Jewish, American, and Human for that matter.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Well that's interesting because i' fascinated with Gnostic teachings and how they relate to the Judeo Christian faiths in general and I share some Pagan aspects too... I am Jewish but one good thing about America is the freedom to absorb and pick and choose what you find to be GOOD and WORTHY from all sorts of cultures

I'm sorry but the majority of us that LOVE CHRISTMAS are not religious fundamentalists nor is the holiday pushing religion in any major way just because many choose to celebrate the Birth of Christ through the Holiday

Other posters had it dead on...

Jingle Bells and Frosty and Santa... are not pushing religion...

Why isolate yourself from the mass culture? what purpose does it serve?

And Kwanzaa is a sham, no comment on it's originator...

But creating it was divisive and secular and to me it's a form of Black on Black crime... Honestly... How many Little Black kids were excluded for decades, centuries for no good reason...sat there DREAMING of SANTA to have this guy come along and say NO NO NO to activist parents (Barack Obama being one of them) who then turn their back and fill their children heads with this nonsense of separation from White people after fighting for soooooo long to achieve equality?

People will say all these theories in here about Jews

I'll be the first guy to tell you Why we have encountered so much grief...
Being Secular, not blending in, not even being willing to enjoy your neighbors traditions when your One in One Hundred...

NO plots, no Evil... people get really mad when you dis them...

So... I can be Kosher when I want, but if I go to an Italian Guys Home on the holidays i'll eat Pork Sausage

and... I can light my Menorah, but if the other 90 people on my block are putting up lights and having a Party... I won't be making the HUGE MISTAKE of going to city council and saying their lights are bothering me...

Because the truth... My people have gotten our heads cracked for being that rude... In the end it's the ONLY reason... Germany wasn't about a Banking conspiracy LOL, it was buying foods only from certain stores, not ever breaking bread or wine with neighbors and attempting to control the Larger Culture you live within, not via money or power, but daily life, the little things so people didn't CARE when they were taken away...

Going after Xmas is a Huge Mistake on the part of the Govt and anyone that supports it... they can pass a million annoying laws but it's this sort of thing, the little things like a Holiday that will be the straw that breaks the Camels back...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I have a perfect solution to everyone's point of view on this whole "Seperation of Church and State" issue.

We all know the government's point of view about Religion. They think their is no place for religion in government, hence the removal of it from said Department of Education schools.

Here is novel idea. How about removing government from schools?

By the very act of the Fed taking control of our schools they have gone against the very Amendment they "Supposedly" are trying to protect.

Where, in the Constitution, does it mandate Federally controlled schools?

See, the Fed always sidesteps the very issue of the situation.

The thorough devaluement of ethics in our country, can be directly attributable to the Fed run schools. Where narcissism runs rampant.

How bout them apples?

If I still smoked cigars, I'd give you a cigar. This is the custard inside the Boston Creme donut, my amigo.

It's funny how this thread has turned into such a debate over the how, what, where, when, and why of religion in our schools. It's about goverment control. Period. God help us all.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
I won't bother reading you're whole post because right off the bat its clear the title is dishonest:
"The initiative would require schools to provide children the opportunity

Again this type of excuse. How can you call it an opportunity if its mandatory or required by schools to play it?? Why should a public school funded by the tax payer be forced to favour a certain religion? Dont you have religious schools for that?? Whats wrong with religious schools? Why do the public schools funded by the tax payers have to forced to promote one religion?

Lets be honest here. Do you think the folks including yourself would be using the same excuse if we made it mandatory to listen to religious islamic music? I mean we'll just add the opportunity for children to not participate but make it mandatory for the piblic schools to play it. Would you folks be using the same excuse?? I think not.

You keep your christmas carols in your back yard and I'll raise my own kids mmmmk??

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Tea parties have been hijacked by right wing Christian's aka the Republican party. While I'm glad they are sorta awake...forcing viewpoints on others wasn't the original intention of the tea parties. Following the constitution was the only intention.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Tea parties have been hijacked by right wing Christian's aka the Republican party. While I'm glad they are sorta awake...forcing viewpoints on others wasn't the original intention of the tea parties. Following the constitution was the only intention.

I will agree that the Ron Paul tea parties of 07' were focused more on pure libertarianism and constitutionalism, and while I disagree with the views of Ron Paulers, by the least they were not running around "pretending" back then.

There can still be an honest movement ExPostFacto, but how do you split from the side that has for the most part stolen your message?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Oh really?

Care to elaborate on how I am being small minded?

When I am advocating respect for the Mass culture over my own?

Read what i wrote above... your Jewish? Why have we been persecuted everywhere we go?

Growing up in NY, Jews were always Loved, I experienced NOT an ONCE of antisemitism my whole life, we were respected considered bright and ambitious...

The the Orthodox moved in and when out at night in NY now... You know what I hear?

"I HATE JEWS" from so many people...

Why? because the Orthodox flocked in, stopped using local business dried up economics for others, refuse to shut a Car alarm on Saturday and wake the whole neighborhood, demand Xmas lights come down, .... on my old Block they Use an AIR RAID SIREN to announce Shabbat and drive everyone nuts...

It is Absolutely Open Minded to say to Niche Cultures that they need to sit down and let the the culture that THEY CAME TO exist as they choose, that you are in the Minority in a major way and are acting against the rest with INTENT of catering the surrounding area to your whimsy

It is completely disrespectful when you are 10% to demand the other 90% alter their behavior to your religion.

And FRANKLY

Of Late

Christians have been the Rally cry to both the defense of Israel and Jews in general from ww2 to this day

And i'll be damned if they are going to be repaid by me helping dismantle their culture in return.

APPRECIATION and RESPECT

YES

For those deserving of it

Frankly 2-3 Million immigrants from ANY culture show up here and wish to support Their OWN Culture above all the rest of us, they don't Know what it means to be American they don't deserve my respect because they offer NONE

People are in here spouting North Koreas National Religion and what about Islam?

These people FLED for their lives to be here in most cases...

And I have not one time said the words..."they can't practice what they like" simply they have absolutely no right to try and supercede their host Nations culture with their own...

It's rude, it's obnoxious and it doesn't work

As a Jew... let me ask you, are you aware the Christ was considered a Saint among our People until the Spanish Inquisition?

So is it wrong for us to celebrate Christmas TOGETHER with these people? Or should I be like the Orthodox that infiltrate us everywhere we go and and condemn and push them away, continue a Hate and repression of a belief that stemmed only from Anger? Push Xmas away and demand lights come down and schools can't let the other 99 kids sing?

I LIKE to come in here and PLAY a Heel sometimes for sake of argument...

But this is a Forum, in real life your a heel, you get what's coming to you eventually.

No one is talking about taking away anyone's right to celebrate something different... a simple and at points funny way of saying, it's a mistake to go about thinking your minority culture should dominate the landscape out of respect for you...

Allot of I, I, I and Zero looking around and realizing everyone else is doing something else and if you get Walmart to stop Saying "Christmas" and you Get NBC to say "Happy Holidays" You haven't achieved a thing but getting fingers pointed and names called...or worse from the other 90 people on your block.

It's incredibly, incredibly disrespectful for niche groups to go around telling others what they can or can not do, to change school policy for the 10% away from the 90% it doesn't endear you to anyone, it doesn't build community and eventually people get mad.

And you can disagree...

That is your right

But NO ONE in America would ever tell me to take my Menorah down, NO Christian EVER has refused my food on a Jewish Holiday, No Christian has EVER said...no we don't want a Hanukkah sign up in a store... And that being the case... All those who do that to them have my Enmity, we have been nothing but embraced by American Christian Culture this century, we are WRONG those of us who would refuse Christmas in our homes or neighborhoods or schools and disrespectful given those facts.

Christ was once a Saint to our people, until a bitter feud regardless of who started it, changed that forever... Jesus was a Jew... He is considered a Prophet by Islam too, there is no reason we should bash this holiday down.

We can worship what we want here, none of us are so important as to change the scope and traditions of a nation to suit our beliefs which are way in the minority of people.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Saying that everyone in the Tea Party supports mandatory Christmas Carols in schools is like saying everyone supporting the Obama administration believes Obama's school safety czar should be teaching fisting to 7th graders.

Big Government Blog

There's a distinct lack of perspective and extreme over-generalization there. The big difference is that Ms. Hyatt represents herself, not the whole Tea Party movement - whereas Kevin Jennings was appointed by the president. So... is that to say that Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, and everyone who voted for them, support adolescent fisting?

Absurd argument. Over generalizations are kind of dangerous, certainly misleading - and to initiate them only begs to be treated in kind. More people would be justifiably upset over the government teaching fisting to kindergartners then they would be singing Silent Night. Heh.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Again this type of excuse. How can you call it an opportunity if its mandatory or required by schools to play it?? Why should a public school funded by the tax payer be forced to favour a certain religion? Dont you have religious schools for that?? Whats wrong with religious schools? Why do the public schools funded by the tax payers have to forced to promote one religion?

I have to agree with you SG. Nothing in our Public Schools should be mandatory.

Everyone that has a child should be given the money to decide where there child goes to school. Private or the piece of dog poo public schools.

But of course we cannot get rid of the Dept of Ed., because how can you expect to teach anyone anything if there was not Public schools.

Oh yeah, Private schools.

Get rid of all Federally mandated anything and watch things prosper.

Wisconsin actually thought of allowing parents the choice of where their child was allowed to go to school. They would give the parents $2000/year vouchers. Of course they wanted the $10,000 that went to the public schools to keep going there, even though the child would no longer be going there.

Bureaucracy at its finest.

Quit mandating things, it is still a free country ISN'T IT?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
And Hank... No offense but your sharp Uber intellectual retort

It has nothing to do with real life.

As Jews we always seem to be right there to defend every culture, liberal, philanthropic, involved, intellectual to a T

All I'd say to that is... we have a habit of alienating people as a culture as much as we help.

I understand fully why you responded as you did.

Just be aware it's that thinking that drives the Hate at us too... Frankly, you should support your friends and put aside the high brow belief systems, because if it wasn't for American Christians You and I might not be here right now and if push comes to shove it will be them defending your life and mine.

Multiculturalism and respect for others is a GOOD Philosophy at heart, but it dives right past Common sense when you allow your supports to be thrashed and do or say nothing but rather blanket support the fringe who...well, would eliminate you as well in heart beat and think NOTHING of multiculturalism in return...

Your defense is of what? people who would ban Christmas? The rest of us aren't banning them, many of us, probably you bend over backwards to support them. They don't do the same in return... I know one group of people who have... Sometimes my friend, maybe Logic needs to take a nose dive when it comes to protecting your supporters in life.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I don't go to tea party events. It became a fad and it turned me off. I've become disenchanted with politics and protest gatherings. The only thing that seems to work things like the town hall meeting outbursts. That gets attention better than 2 million people gathering for an under-covered event that nobody even really knows how many people there were. I've given up on the public protests, I'll let the people just waking up take up where others have gone before. Eventually maybe they will realize how they are being manipulated.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Without embarrassing you by commenting on the rediculous ignorance you are spouting in your reply to me, I will clarify how disgustingly small minded you are being in the original post I quoted.

In your post you promote physical violence, use 'retarded' as a derogatory term, blast Kwanzaa for being made up but disregard the fact that EVERY religion is made up, and most importantly, call people PIGS, CREEPS, JERK OFFS and IMBECILES, not to mention your ethno-centricly biased opinions aimed at Muslums, Asians, (your apparant selfhatred of) Jews, and pretty much anyone that isn't AMERICAN considering Christmas is (as you say) an American Holiday.

Here is just something to think about.

You know how you used the word 'retarded'? Well, guess what? Many people that are 'retarded' know they have a mental disability. How do you think they feel when they see or hear someone use the word 'retarded' to mean something derogetory? Makes you feel REAL GOOD doesnt it?

It's really pathetic.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Without embarrassing you by commenting on the rediculous ignorance you are spouting in your reply to me, I will clarify how disgustingly small minded you are being in the original post I quoted.

In your post you promote physical violence, use 'retarded' as a derogatory term, blast Kwanzaa for being made up but disregard the fact that EVERY religion is made up, and most importantly, call people PIGS, CREEPS, JERK OFFS and IMBECILES, not to mention your ethno-centricly biased opinions aimed at Muslums, Asians, (your apparant selfhatred of) Jews, and pretty much anyone that isn't AMERICAN considering Christmas is (as you say) an American Holiday.

Here is just something to think about.

You know how you used the word 'retarded'? Well, guess what? Many people that are 'retarded' know they have a mental disability. How do you think they feel when they see or hear someone use the word 'retarded' to mean something derogetory? Makes you feel REAL GOOD doesnt it?

It's really pathetic.

Hank, your a really bright guy. I like you, I read what you have to say.

But it is entirely unfair to call names (and beneath you btw) and label me as Ignorant because I have a polar opposite stance and the things you say above which I would call Politically correct nonsense.

A huge thing above, use of the word Retarded...

Such a huge offense...

1: I'd love to know How many clinically Retarded people are in here to be offended, please if there is a clinically retarded person reading right now, speak up I'll apologize...

There aren't any they aren't in forums they are CLINICALLY RETARDED, it's slang, we all know what it means and it is meant to convey... I have a right to express something as stupid and particularly resent that those who are NOT of these afflictions or groups rush in to defend the use of a word when those supposedly offended don't nor even ever asked for us to BAN the use of words

2: Pigs Creeps and Jerk absolutely is an appropriate response to those that wish to say I or anyone else can't sing what hymns I choose where we choose or light our houses or be wished specifically a MERRY CHRISTMAS as example on TV, and you know what, the net world wont do that but Happy Hanukkah or Happy Kwanzaa is just fine?

Why is that, is it not completely piggish when the action is suiting for the Minority but not the Majority?

3: I aimed NOTHING at Asians

4: My anger at Kwanzaa was very simply put, it's activist Black parents condemning their children to be separated from a tradition they mostly LOVE and wish for, it's separatist, NOT based on religion but imho Rebellion

And i'd add, I grew up in Bklyn among 3 Million Black people and I never knew a single Black kid who cared about Kwanzaa, so it's basically Pushed by interest groups via media and virtually doesn't exist within community, it's mainly a fraud... I know what my eyes see and most Black people don't seem to give a hoot about Kwanzaa over Christmas and it's used like Christmas is somehow repressing it LOL, But if I were to drive down Flatbush Ave right NOW I'd see 3 Kwanzaa signs and 100,000 Christmas lights

So it's contrived, what is anyone actually defending? Sorry but Most of the African American Community is celebrating Christmas not Kwanzaa this year, and I do disrespect 14 brothers in a political action group preaching further division and pushing for the elimination of another culture.

5: Self Hatred of Jews?

I have wasted countless hrs talking about the Insane hatred and beliefs about Jews I find on this forum...

But I do believe in self critique of your own... because change from within is best and the least hostile and damaging.

We have made mistakes, and it is my belief, that what we call modern Orthodoxy carries practices and beliefs that endanger the rest of us by fanatical pursuit of dogma.

This entire REVULSION of anything Christ by some...SOME of us is wrong, Christ was a Jew, the debate of divinity is simply aside from the belief that A: Jesus was a Jew B: The reforms he wished to make to the Temple were GOOD C: Most of his followers were Jews and... Corruption of Religion from the top is a danger to all religions including ours and if nothing else he was a Great man.

Self hating Jew... heck no, Honest Jew, yeah... we have carried on the bitterness against Christ since the Inquisition way to long and the sect of us that is strict Talmud really alienates people badly and makes life difficult for the rest of us in many way, the Dress Code, the alienation, the extremity of belief that pushes people away leads to misunderstanding of us stems from a single Rabbi centuries ago... not from Judaism, not from the Torah...

hatred...NO, simply expressing my distaste for extremism that leads to the inability of my culture to be accepted in much of the world.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I just shake my head when this is brought up. I mean all this over Christmas? Really! A couple weeks ago I was out of town and saw a beautiful Nativity scene in front of a church in a small town and realized how rarely you see those anymore. I just think this is much ado about nothing, really I do. When I was in choir in school we sang the secular Christian songs, Oh Holy Night and the "religious" songs, we learned (Please forgive the spelling) Hava Nagela and did the dance too and there were no Jews in our school! What is the big deal, really I am just amazed at this. We are a nation with many different peoples with many different traditions and at one time we enjoyed it. Now everyone is so oversensitive about how they are represented or not represented.

Do they even allow Christmas Trees in schools anymore? Why does the celebration of Jesus Birth, we know he wasn't born on Dec 25 anyways, make people so crazy? I say Merry Christmas, send Christmas Cards, make Christmas Cookies, and listen to Andrea Bocelli sing Oh Holy Night and Oh Come all Ye Faithful and Santa Clause is coming to town. Really, soon people will be afraid to call the trees Christmas trees.

Are we going to go through this at Easter too???? Now some churches are calling it Resurrection Sunday for heavens sake. I celebrate the day as the day of His rising and gave my kids Easter Baskets and new clothes, just like I am doing with the grandchildren. Geezzzz, nothing can be simple anymore.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I just shake my head when this is brought up. I mean all this over Christmas?

Christmas wouldnt be such a big deal if the conservative "christians" would cut dumping it down our throats forcefully. Christmas is a close tradition to many americans including myself, but at the same time nobody reserves the constitutional right to make it mandatory and on the tax payers dime. This "initiative" here requires schools to play these tunes to children which may otherwise be of parents who'd prefer to raise them in another way and rightfully so. Why should I be forced to pay my taxes for christmas jingles if I choose not to believe and practice Christmas or christianity? Do you really think its justified to have every public school be required to favour christianity redhead? Is that fair to the constitutional rights of some tax paying americans?

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

And

Promotion of Physical Violence?

Revolution and self defense is part of history and life.

I quoted before: Khalid Abdul Muhammad: we were robbed of our name, robbed of our language. We lost our religion, our culture, our god...and many of us, by the way we act, we even lost our minds.

I do wish for a peaceful world, but I think more than One Jew or Black person would understand, that it is foolish to wait UNTIL the above happens to you to fight back

Just because, Christians perhaps are now facing this treatment when once long ago they were oppressors, doesn't mean they should sit back idle and do nothing while the assault on their culture ramps up.

Kalid would agree and it's the double standard huh? It's okay even revered by some when... a Jew says "NEVER Again" or a brother says "By any means necessary"

But I guess we have to wait for a Culture to actually be lost and ruined before it's okay to preach the gospel of defending ones self?

So if...

Someone broke my windows because of my Menorah it would be completely understood when I went outside and dealt with them...because I Have BEEN oppressed

But when people go to the Town Hall and say NO Christmas Carols in School and No Christmas Lights because it "offends" someone... because those people haven't been decimated YET, they have no right to offer force as a response to that behavior directed at them?

Sort of Like I can get on the bus or turn on the TV and Hear...whitey, whitey, whitey...all the time, but if I use the N word I can be punched in the Face? One is righteous the other isn't?

I turn on the TV and hear blatantly Racist comments about White people Night and Day, absolute stereotypes and portrayals that make the old racist cartoons look tame...

If I were to take the attitude over directed Racism that many Black men do, i'd be in Jail in a minute, double charged, but I so much as speak I can basically be assaulted and it's justified.

Why? I guess everyone has to get a turn at being destroyed so it's fair?

I don't think so

I think if Anyone tries to tell me to cover my Menorah or my Tree... yeah I will get ugly over it... It's not wrong to say that, it's not being a Violent person, I'm not at your house in that example i'm in My House...

If they come for you you have right to fight back, no philosophy will ever make me think otherwise

It's too late to fight if you let them take away your schools, your kids and belongings and ways first... it is...as I said the Morally correct philosophy to wait, HOPE, talk...

But your also helpless when you do those things... we waited to see what Hitler would do to, accepted that the Jews were going to RELOCATION camps lol, that they would stop at Poland...

We are frankly lucky given all that Humanity that Germany overextended and lost, because they could have won...

LOL

I'm not running out and getting goofy over these basic maneuvers that are designed to steal a culture...

But I am watching and that option remains on the table always and I don't think it hurts to let it be known... Bullies only pick on pacifists after all, they seem to find a way of avoiding those willing to fight back.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The basis of this, that it was brought up at a Tea party just denigrates what it is supposed to be and makes it a sounding board about what is really pissing people off...

Now Taxes...

It's okay for taxes to go to the Holiday season, it's nice, Most of us want it... Tree in the public square, street lights, festivals... we Have to have a holiday season...

Going any other way, is impossible, you can "dress" a city for Hannukah, Kwanzaa and Christmas...

Particularly when the other 2 represent 10% vs 90%

What we are getting slowly but surely is utter BLAND and that is what is happening to all cultures, this Multicultural PC philosophy is much more like the Old Soviet Union than a free nation, there is Nothing Void that becomes as a result

Generic, Lame, Boring, Lacking in Celebration and JOY

What does my culture actually offer to even replace what has been done with Christmas? 9 Candles and a Dradle?

There is Nothing to actually replace the season with, we have built in this country an Amazing Grandiose set of tradition that in most places UNITES the entire community in celebration...

And this is nothing other than those that feel left out (by their own exclusion not Christians) whining and ruining a good time for everyone else...

It's like the one Teenager that tells his parents when the rest are having a drink... that kid is a Jerk, plain and simple.

Holiday funding via taxes is okay... they spend 1.5 Trillion on death 50 G for a Giant Tree is OKAY by me!

This whole Christmas problem building over the years at the hands of a FEW

It's like if the Goth Kids went to the Principal in HS and made him pass a rule that the other kids couldn't Wear Colorful clothing because it's expensive and they wear only Black...

Pooping on peoples Parades is not cool, no matter how you look at it, usually the person standing on the sidelines.... deserves to be there because they are an antisocial prick.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
And for the record...

It's not Christian Fundamentalists with the major issue here, they are RELIGIOUS many people of that ilk believe Christmas is too grandiose and prefer to be simple about it and keep it to Jesus and send their kids for private schooling, Mormon, Christian, Catholic...

The people like myself defending the gaudier more material and more FUN and JOYOUS side of Christmas...a re mainly Just Americans who want to sing their traditional songs and light their lights and watch Santa cartoons and get stupid on Rum with a week off from work under the Mistletoe...

people like me who REALLY look forward to that week all year

I'm sorry...

But there is rampant Christian hate in these forums and honestly, Christians have really calmed down over the years, there is this Hate to simplicity and traditional values inundated through the school system which not only is pushing "Christmas" Out, but blatantly trashes America to kids who grow up hating Christians and Caucasians and even themselves as evil oppressive overlords...

It's not true anymore, maybe was once but not today.

people rail in here against the Christian Conservatives, but in reality by action and oppression they are basically the best of the big 3 Mono religions in behavior this century

They might be against Gay marriage or whatever a persons "issue" may be...

But they aren't throwing rocks people who disagree are they?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
How bout we just let it be how it is now?

Let it be -

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
well most of these tea parties( not all) rallies seem pretty redundant in their cause, or it's arbitrary, media influenced, but its a good thing to let your opinion out, just feel they are kinda acting like sheeple.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join