It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GW takes another hit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yay, it's ironic enough

And it almost seems like there's a connection between sunspots and the cold weather, too - even they say that there is none

-v

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
Okay, this may be shoking news for you, but at the moment it is quite cold in Finland too, which is quite far away from Canada.

November was (especially up north) freakishly warm. In Lapland it was 5 Celsius warmer than usual..
fmi.fi...

The problem is that people don't understand the difference between climate and weather..

[edit on 17-12-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Not too aware of what you're talking about, are you?

Coldest on record = ABNORMALLY COLD. As in, not normal? As in, "why is it freakishly cold, freakishly early in the season"?

Welcome to climate change, silly-head.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Welcome to climate change, silly-head.

But the point is that it is not global warming, lol.

They call it global warming conference. So who was silly, and they even now try to say it still is warming, when the temps are just the same.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well if there is Global Warming I wish it would hit Canada. The winter has been cold and the summer was colder than usual with an unusual amount of rain. I swear this summer we had about one good week of weather and it wasn't all together. It can really get you down when on a good year down here we get about 3 months of summer. Not this year. And those temps out west are unbelievable. Even by Canadian standards.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Originally posted by rhinoceros
The problem is that people don't understand the difference between climate and weather..

I thought that the weather was the phenomena caused by the climate. We don't make conclusions based on one or two seasons or years..

I am not saying that there might not be global warming, although it seems quite certain that it is not man made.

-v

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

For the same reason that people still talk about concepts such as "missing link" - science moves faster than language. That's all there is to it.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
ok...all you debunkers...type in "global warming" in google...go to sites that have before and after pictures of the worlds glaciers...see how the glaciers have shrunk in size?...that's caused by...WARMING!!!!!

when ice warms up, it melts...when ice stays the same temputure, it doesn't melt. therefore...SOMETHING IS WARMING UP!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join