It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban bring order, say Afghans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Taliban bring order, say Afghans

www.theaustralian.com.au

In Wardak, a Taliban-controlled province south of the capital, the insurgents last month seized four men involved in kidnapping the son of a wealthy Kabul tea merchant.

The kidnappers told their victim to pretend he was their nephew if they met anyone on the way to their safe house in a remote area. But Taliban soldiers at a checkpoint noticed his expensive shoes, jeans and leather jacket, and arrested the gang.

Four bodies were then left swinging from a tree in Maidan Shah'..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This is a great article that points out fairly well IMO one aspect of why the US is doomed to failure in Afghanistan: the Taliban are more competent than the puppet clown government the occupiers (over history) always install. This about sums US investment: "Local people said they supported the Taliban because the police never tackled the criminal gangs smuggling drugs, running prostitutes and kidnapping local businessmen."

I also find it hilarious after all this effort, the Taliban are free enough to nail threatening letters on the doors of police / military personnel in the nations capital.

But I'm sure it will only take 18 months or so to turn this all around, eh? obama?.. haha

www.theaustralian.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Of course. The US loves the heroin getting out of there. And by the US, I mean the CIA. Since we've invaded, the drug production increased by many thousands tons.

Doesn't matter that it destroy the lives of millions around the world, as long as the CIA makes his black budget money!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Of course. The US loves the heroin getting out of there. And by the US, I mean the CIA. Since we've invaded, the drug production increased by many thousands tons.

Doesn't matter that it destroy the lives of millions around the world, as long as the CIA makes his black budget money!

The US govt is doing this for the GOD that gives them power: Guns Oil Drugs.

If the US ever leaves, the taliban will systematically target those working for the puppet govt until it crumbles.. a repeat of post soviet occupation. bushbama and his puppet masters couldn't have picked a better place to drain the US of resources, they picked a fight with the undefeated war champion of the world who bleeds empires half dead & broke before knocking them out.

obamas ridiculous "operation tampon" wont come anywhere close to stopping the bleeding... why is it so hard to admit failure when it will save un-told lives? and money thats urgently needed at home?

Only a coward is too afraid to admit reality... obama is a coward.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The above is why I don't believe this article

Taliban are like Maoists in India, nobody trusts them and nobody likes them in Afghanistan.

Sure there are some that like them, but if as the video shows they hate oppression and interventionism they would also hate a religious militant group of idiots that claim to represent their most extreme of beliefs that caused so much hatred upon their religion which they hold so dear.

Doesn't make much sense to me

Or maybe these people represent like less than 10% of the population.

Who would know how a people of a country would start thinking after 8 frackin years of war and occupation?
The afghans that's who

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Taliban are like Maoists in India, nobody trusts them and nobody likes them in Afghanistan.

The Afghans are pretty much tired of war. Anybody who reads through their long history knows they have been fighting for like forever. They fought against the Soviets then against each other. They can't stand the Taliban and their twisted view of Islam.

The Myth about the Taliban is too over the top. They are just like any other group of humans. They have their issues. Nobody is perfect or superhuman. The Pashtuns will soon realize these issues. The vast majority of Afghans do not want them to return to power.

One article comes out and people fall all over themselves believing it's manna from heaven.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The Taliban only bring 'order', because when they take back a town from the IAF and install their version of justice.

Which ain't really justice. All it does is make the people live in fear.

Which has more to do with control via fear.

The article misrepresents the true situation. I refer to the book: Ground Truth: 3 Para Return to Afghanistan by Patrick Bishop. The above situation is explained clearly.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I read the article. The Taliban are grabbing people off the street, torturing them stringing them up, killing them without a trial. Shooting up the streets, trying to bomb and torch the local police, the people are terrorized and afraid.

But somehow the article makes the odd twist of reason that the Taliban are the good guys?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Why didn't we kill all the Taliban by now or did we stop
to take in the drug harvest.
And didn't Saddam bring order to IRAQ.
Instead of drilling over the side drilling protected by Bush I,
Saddam invaded Kuwait suckered in by a typical Illuminati move
to make war.
911 was done to improve the prospects for carbon sourced
energy availability.
The real new world order technology is being held in fakery
to continue the carbon suppliers world of pleasure.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Aaahhh yes, it's not too difficult to sit in the comfort of one's satellite TV, internet equipped and climate controlled comfortable home and "speculate" as to what the much maligned Afghan people want or need. Unless you put yourselves in their position and have your homeland invaded, ravaged and destroyed for decades by two superpowers like the Soviet Union and the United States, this sort of speculation is laughable, to say the least.

Funny, I don't see other countries sticking their two cents in as to how Americans should live and what they should believe in. But then again, most of the rest of the world knows how to mind its own business and does not stick it's nose in where it doesn't belong.

In the end, lack of compassion, arrogance and greed will be the undoing of the United States. It always is for those who think they are too mighty and powerful to fall.

top topics

join