It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Super Psychic Kids...

www.articlesbase.com...

I want to start off by saying that that people with these abilities are not 'special' in the sense that they are better than us 'broken' humans.

If you read the article you might ask yourself "what the hell is a codon?"

Well...

Noun

* S: (n) codon (a specific sequence of three adjacent nucleotides on a strand of DNA or RNA that specifies the genetic code information for synthesizing a particular amino acid)

We are all born with 64. 20 being active in most people while the other 44 just inactively sit there (kind of like our "junk" DNA). The kids were found to have 24 active codons....

If you haven't watched ring of power 2: monkey blood please do so. You can find it on google.

As far as genetics goes I'm sure the powers at be have long ago done extensive research into this matter.

Why hasn't there been more spotlight on this subject? What happens to these kids when the government finds them?

I feel, as a race, we are so so close...

Recently there has been a wave of remembering who we are, and where we come from. But that isn't enough.

We don't need help from the outside to reach our potential.

I see many people who think they have awoken but just changed positions in their sleep. Please don't get comfortable in a bigger box.

My first thread of many more to come. Hoping to add to the quality of this wonderful website and awaken those who still sleep. BTW how do i add an avatar>>?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This article is absolute nonsense not unlike the so called "indigo Children"

Spoon Bending by Osmosis In the '70's, Uri Geller could bend metal object just by looking at them, which was substantiated by scientists at Stanford University Research Institute. Demonstrating his psychic power on TV all over Europe, Geller once asked people to place knives, spoons and forks in front of their television sets. With millions of witnesses, Geller bent tableware in the studio before their eyes on TV—and he bent the tableware in the homes of Europeans watching the show. This single act had an interesting side effect. From phone calls after the show, it was discovered that over 1,500 children were able to absorb the same spoon bending ability just by watching it happen one time on TV!

Time and again Uri Gellar was proven to be a fraud but some very sad people still believed (or wanted to believe) him to be the real thing.

Human beings for some reason have this god awful habit of living in complete fantasy worlds rather than admit they made the wrong decision.

I would really like to understand what's going on in the human swede when individual dig themselves deeper and deeper into a delusion rather than face up to the fact that they got conned.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthWanderer

Wow!! This is amazing - good news for planet Earth!

(I'd love to see the solid object manipulation first hand too)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Wow!! This is amazing - good news for planet Earth!

(I'd love to see the solid object manipulation first hand too)

Quite a declaration, I'm curious , how did you make the decision that this is good news for the planet without requiring evidence first ?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I've been psychic my whole life, I LIVE it, so no matter how many people try to debunk some show-man for peeking is irrelevant to me.

From the article "In trials viewing fetal positions, they were correct 84% of the time." I do this, tested with my own daughter (in my wife lol) and an ultrasound.

I don't make my assumption simply from an internet article, and a lot of that is up in the air until proven, but this field of study is what I do. I'm a graduate student in Transpersonal Psychology - scientific and phenomenological testing of psychic ability is something I do everyday.

p.s. Moo - I have synesthesia as well. It doesn't make scientific sense (yet), why don't you try and debunk that while you're at it.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Moocowman just as you demand proof, i want you to prove to me that this phenomenon is fake. One debunking video of gellar ( which is not what this thread is about) is not saying anything.

absence of 'proof' isn't proof of absence.

Unfortunately people like you, who need a ufo to land in your lap (even then its swamp gas, huh) are holding our race back, planting your seeds of doubt and spreading negativety.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I am willing to accept the findings of a Chinese Report on Super Psychics as quantifiable evidence.

If their findings were able to be duplicated by independent researchers that would be another thing.

Having more DNA material doesn't necessarily directly correlate to Psychic Powers either.

A Medical Facility I once worked for drew blood from a woman with 48 (instead of the usual 46) chromosomes. After discovering her genetic abnormality, one of our Medical Clients (many of which were Genetic Research Facilities) wanted as much blood from her as we could get. The Medical Facility I worked for paid her $15,000 a week to come in to have blood drawn. Our Client was paying at least a hundred-fold for that amount. However, despite having 2 more chromosomes than the average person, which was highly valued to Genetic Researchers, there was nothing else exceptional about this woman. She was a normal housewife and mother leading a quite normal life.

The quote about a UCLA Study into Condons supposedly has to do with research into a child who developed an immunity to HIV. The quote is actually an excerpt from the book "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life" by Drunvalo Melchizedek. Other than the passage in this book, I could find no such study done by UCLA into Condons.

I want to believe, but I need proof...not second-hand plagiarisms fabricating what evidence to substantiate what they want to believe.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm not trying to convince anyone, i think its something that needs to be looked into closer.

And what does your chromosome example prove, besides the fact that apparently people with 2 extra chromosomes does nothing to a person according to you?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthWanderer
Well...

Noun

* S: (n) codon (a specific sequence of three adjacent nucleotides on a strand of DNA or RNA that specifies the genetic code information for synthesizing a particular amino acid)

We are all born with 64. 20 being active in most people while the other 44 just inactively sit there (kind of like our "junk" DNA). The kids were found to have 24 active codons....

That's just so wrong. There are 64 codons, because there are 4 bases: A, G, C and T (or A, G, C and U in mRNA after transcription). There are 64 possible ways (4^3) to put 3 of them in a row (you've got a codon!) and trust me, all of them happen in all eukaryotes (probably all prokaryotes too but since some (like all thermophiles for example) show high GC concentrations and their genomes are relatively small there's a small chance that not all codons happen).

en.wikipedia.org...

The idea that during translation (or is it transcription, you're not very clear about this) some codons just stay "inactive" is ridiculous. What happens? No amino acid is added to the polypeptide during translation when you get an "inactive" one (never mind they all match tRNAs and "pair up" in ribosomes)? Or during transcription all "inactive" codons are just skipped over instead of being transcribed to the mRNA molecule? Which one is it? Either way that's not what is happening.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i appreciate your input rhinoceros

Thats actually what i was looking for in terms of feedback. Can anyone elaborate in lamen terms, for us who aren't in the genetics field, exactly what a codon is and does?

Also any information towards real research of people with these kinds of abilities will be helpful.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

A codon is any three bases in a row, for example (in mRNA 5'-3'):

G G U

G G C

G G A

and

G G G

All translate to the most simple amino acid: glycine. So if you've got a growing polypeptide (primary structure of proteins) and next up (in mRNA) is G G U then a glycine will be added to the polypeptide.

Read about protein synthesis, it's really not that hard..

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Just to reply to your "How do you add an avatar?".

First, upload a picture of whatever you want to display.
I think it has to be 160x300. So, you can edit it in Paint, if you don't have Photoshop.

Then goto "My pictures" and select your photo, copy the code that is displayed for your picture. I.E., the code in the drop box below it.
Goto member tools button on top this forum and select ATS account settings. There you should find a drop box to ask what code your avatar will be. Copy and paste.

Questions? Ask! or u2u me...

I'm almost positive that's how todo it. That's just off the top of my head.

new topics

top topics

join