It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket experiment creates eerie cloud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Rocket experiment creates eerie cloud

www.msnbc.msn.com

An eerie cloud that glowed briefly in the night sky Saturday was no UFO. It was created by humans — more specifically, a NASA rocket built to make clouds that shine at night.

The rocket launched as part of an experiment to create artificial noctilucent — or night-shining — clouds, the highest clouds on Earth. They naturally appear around 50 miles (80 kilometers) above Earth's high latitudes and are also known as polar mesospheric clouds.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
;The experiment created a human-made noctilucent cloud using the fourth stage of a NASA Black Brant XII suborbital sounding rocket that spewed exhaust particles 173 miles (278 kilometers) above Earth. Ground-based radar and camera stations recorded the resulting cloud's formation and illumination. The U.S. Naval Research Laboratory and Department of Defense's Space Test Program oversaw the launch, which it called the Charged Aerosol Release Experiment.

NASA has observed naturally occurring night-shining clouds using its AIM satellite. The Naval Research Laboratory and Space Test Program used a satellite called STPSat-1 to observe Saturday night's artificial cloud.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So what about the clouds over Budapest, Hungary on June 15, 2007?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by allyoop

This article is from Sun., Sept . 20, 2009, why are you posting it now?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by allyoop

This article is from Sun., Sept . 20, 2009, why are you posting it now?

Excellent question. And why are taxpayer dollars being wasted on experiments in cloud shining?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have grown to be sceptical, and I cant help my self, things dont make sense a whole lot of the time.

Yes, why waste money on this ? It say noctilucent clouds accure naturally at 50 miles up.

How long have the NoctiClouds been around ? Weren't these some 'new clouds discovered' in the summer time ?

Well, when those photons start to bounce of the sun, I'm sure it is just Nasa doing more new experiments..

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

they don't want you to see anything they are covering up in the pure night sky

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

in light of why i put this here late is maybe its a reason behind the spiral

new topics

top topics

join