It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is dying, a cancer grows within.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It is my opinion that if your theory can be debunked within a few posts, it's not that good of a theory. I believe that better research is required. If you truly feel your theory holds water and deserves merit. By all means post it. But research it well. Have actual proof to back up your claims.

If you do this, your theory won't be debunked so quickly. If it's well researched enough, you will be much better off.

I think that the problem is that many of us that have been here a while want actual substance. We enjoy a good theory, but we have read most of them. Now of course we are open minded people. We just require a better class of evidence than most sites. If you can provide that extra effort it will be rewarded.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
ATS is growing, not dying.

To me it seems as if you are upset that many fantasy stories are getting disproved so easily...

More people are coming here to LEARN, not to read a fictional book.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
reply to post by Hack28

Every member needs his own thread on the exact same subject. For flags and stars..

I might just consider starting a thread on the same subject myself.

No Kidding eh, i think this "cancer" started once the first person made a thread complaining and then they received a hundred stars and 50 flags. That is what brought us to this tipping point, its asinine, im all for the free exchange of ideas but lets call fiction fiction and when presenting an argument as facts be prepared to receive some facts in counter.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
ATS is a pile of crap, the MOD's do a horrible job.
You should know by now this site is run by the government to keep tabs and timers on their plans, so they can some what keep an eye out for leaked information, I have seen quite a few topics removed very fast with some alarming information in it.

First of all if your point of view isn't all American, you get banned, like I did.
I was banned for agreeing with a anti-gay law in Africa.
Then banned again for having an unpopular opinion about 4 cops getting shot.
So yeah you can be banned for not breaking ToC.

I also had MOD's try to rudely derail my thread on a very real subject that hasn't been talked about.
Here's an example: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also it seems the Mods have been teaching "if it ain't White, it aint right" type of crap.
I had MOD's U2U me warnings while banned telling me I need to post with a more "white mans point of view" if I want to continue posting on this site, I was targeted because of some critical information I revealed over a series of posts.
Over the past 3 years or so I have seen the best minds on ATS leave this place for good because of the bullcrap.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Depends on the "Topic" and the direction the poster is going. I am a "active" debunker or someone who will "expose" Hippocrates, agendas driven by half-proofs or lies, or present facts that oppose a particular agenda or opinion that I believe is false.

That's proof alright.
Debunkers will attack anyone who thinks for themselves and comes up with a new theory, no matter how intelligent they are.

What has poor Hippocrates done to deserve such debunking?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

That post, is why I adore whatukno.

If your theory can be effectively disproved within a few posts, then you have not researched the subject matter well.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Just remember that for every 50 post that are debunked there remain a few that will still defy explanation. Those are the ones that keep me reading, posting, and debunking when warranted.

We need to continue mowing the lawn of ignorance in order to find and tear out the weeds.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Just remember that for every 50 post that are debunked there remain a few that will still defy explanation. Those are the ones that keep me reading, posting, and debunking when warranted.

We need to continue mowing the lawn of ignorance in order to find and tear out the weeds.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Lately there has been an increase in members wanting to be skeptical or who wish to straight debunk everything and attack ATS members for even briging up content that is controversial (which this site covers) and worse yet, the ATS moderators and only APPLAUDING them for their skepticism/debunkerism.

So basically what this complaint is about, is that some people disagree and ask for undeniable proof of the claims that people make?

Wow. It's like I'm in primary school all over again.

And here I was thinking this sites motto was Deny Ignorance.

Is this not a discussion forum, based on intelligent, mature discussions of various topics, some of which may not be mainstream?

You've got to wonder though, why is there a growing push to try and silence people who challenge and question things around here?

Is it perhaps because certain people are trying to push certain ideas, theories and claims, in order to I dunno, perhaps lets say drown out other ideas, theories and claims?

I'll leave it up to the rest of you to decide that for your selves, and then ask your selves why they would want to do such a thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is a conspiracy web site. I expect there to be controversy.

But, what I also expect is well thought out posts. If you have a theory, back it up with the information that you have available.

When I see someones theory get criticized, I expect that the criticism should be based on facts as well as the theory that was originally posted. In that way a persons theory can be refined.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't post on here often but I am so tired of reading these threads!! We should make every member write a thread about how much ATS is losing ground/dying.. Then we can get it out of our system and resume.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You know, I think I'm gonna blame the ATS and the moderators too ...

But not for the unfounded reasoning and plain bitching that most are engaging in.

ATS mods and staff need to thread MORE!!!

Some of our most intelligent, engaging, controversial, imaginative, members keep getting modded ... and they disappear into Cosmic.

I understand that it's nice back there and drinks are free and plenty, and I realize the amount of time you are volunteering out of affection for the site, but please, some of you need to come back and get down and dirty with the rest of us ... we could really use you!

Please?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Many believers thoughts that they do a great job finding endless number of incredible stories. Partially they have right. But they give us only this.

Diamond ore.

That ore need sceptics which could separate 99% mas of that ore which worth nothing to find 1% of this worthy stories. This.

Diamonds.

Believers often misled sceptics with ignorants. If something is killing ATS it is just this. Believers usually can't appreciate the knowledge and hard work of sceptics. They are like child, always unhappy if someone tell them that they are wrong.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Carbon Credit

Originally posted by odyseusz
That ore need sceptics which could separate 99% mas of that ore which worth nothing to find 1% of this worthy stories. This.

Diamonds.

Perhaps we should call them "conflict diamonds".

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Um, if it can be reasonably debunked, then it should be

There's so many randoms theories and topics that we need as many debunkers as possible to shine a light in a dark room of ignorance.

So when that one conspiracy that is actually truthful comes along, there are plenty of debunkers to take shots at it.. and when they all fail, we can be sure it's a true conpiracy theory.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I used to come to this site frequently, several times a day. The "disinfo" or "spooks" have become so prevalent I rarely come here any more. It is a terrible shame to see this happen.

EVEN WORSE, is to know segments of our govt are paying spooks to debunk stories, rather they are true or not true. Tyranny has arrived and most people either are so dumbed down mind controlled idiots or they don't want to know. We are in trouble, our country/society is falling off a cliff and we have no parachutes.

Ever notice how controversial subjects seem to disappear on this site? I have.

See how long this one stays up.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

ATS is dying, a cancer grows within.

If ATS is truly dying, it is a cancer that is also a self inflicted wound.

For ATS to survive, it must grow by taking in new members. But if those new members can successfully discard the part that denies ignorance and begin a witch hunt that casts distrust amongst the body membership, it will ultimately fail.

We are now, far too caught up with ourselves. Every 3rd or 4th thread is about ATS this or ATS that. The charter here is to examine outwardly, not inwardly. If we want to know who WE are, there are psychologists and shrinks galore.

Our task is to examine outwardly the world around us. Our purview is to tear down walls that blind us from greater truths that affect all of us as a race.

Personally, I do wonder why ATS ever got into the business of politics... an avocation that has not a single redeeming quality and has led this world to the brink more times that once. History shows that political divides have destroyed nations as well as our families without regard.

If there was ever a cancer upon our kind... it is politics.

Thanks for letting me bend your ear. I'm done here.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What The Government Really Doesn't Want You To Know!

Originally posted by octaviameister
EVEN WORSE, is to know segments of our govt are paying spooks to debunk stories, rather they are true or not true.

Strange, I thought they paid people to post outlandish, easily-disproven stories to hide the real ones in all the noise.

Go figure.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Totally agree even if ATS doesn't have to be considered as necessaru to spread the truth.
The most funny things ATS memebers (the ones who knows everything :lol
is theyr credo: NO PICTURES? SO IT NEVER HAPPENED

rediculous guys

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

Originally posted by DGFenrir
reply to post by Hack28

Every member needs his own thread on the exact same subject. For flags and stars..

I might just consider starting a thread on the same subject myself.

No Kidding eh, i think this "cancer" started once the first person made a thread complaining and then they received a hundred stars and 50 flags. That is what brought us to this tipping point, its asinine, im all for the free exchange of ideas but lets call fiction fiction and when presenting an argument as facts be prepared to receive some facts in counter.

Yep

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join