reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Disclaimer, this author can not proof any of the claims since he doesn't have any evidence to support his claims, this is merely his perception based
on personal experience. No claims will be made that this is the truth, but the author strongly believes it is the truth and is not deliberately trying
to deceive ATS
Wow, was this disclaimer put on by the author or was this forced on by the mods?
Some may view the OP as paranoid and ill-informed, but as an "old time" member I can agree with most of what the OP is saying. Is this a
paranoid/ignorant view or is perception gained through thoughtful observation?
I know discussions about such topics is bad publicity for ATS, but this is a matter ATS staff has tried to sweep under the rug for far too long.
As a long time member I'm able to see and compare the difference between ATS today and what it was when I first joined. I'm not out to ruin ATS,
rather I criticize constructively.
* Members censorship is up 10 fold, this can be argued that we have more members therefore the staff must censor or moderate more posts. But the
perception can be viewed as over top, especially to some who have been around a while.
* Any constructive criticism is frowned upon generally as an annoyance. Many in fact are speaking out because of the love
they have for this
site. A good public image is essential for growth. I understand the marketing concept but for a site that sales it self as denying ignorance, we
need to live up those standards.
* Many critics on this site apparently are given a free pass to lay waste to threads when it is obvious it affecting the flow of the discussion. I
agree with the allegation that we have a trend where some very insightful post/threads are ignored or trolled excessively. Is this because many
happen to not be on the same page or is it an organized effort to minimize some important information? It's obvious that certain topics have a
higher troll count than others. A trend can be observed by the casual member when it comes to a thread cycle pertaining to certain subject matter.
* Little or no explanation is given to a OP or a thread contributor to why censorship was used. I will not elaborate further because it pertains to
* Petitioning of staff is either ignored, delayed, or responses are vague. Again I will not elaborate because I value my membership here.
With that said I still find ATS as a useful resource for learning. I hope that either my perception is wrong or these apparent problems can be
addressed. This is said because I love ATS and what it's supposed to stand for.
[edit on 14-12-2009 by oconnection]