It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just came across an interesting site, and thought others may want to look at it. Yeah, I know, I'm new here. I've read these forums for a long time, just don't post. Here you go, I'm not endorsing this info, just thought it was strange:

Antiquities of the Illuminati:
www.antiqillum.com...
Has multiple articles, also note there is one there by a Manly Hall, 33 degree mason, for what it's worth I guess.

Also:
"Cosmogony and Cosmology" (1978)
By Philip K. Dick:
www.antiqillum.com...
Which after reading it(well, most of it), I must say is a rather strange subject overall.

Once again I'm making no claims as to this site's validity, just found it while researching other things.

Thanks

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by TheSeeker]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
How to Build a Universe that Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later
Philip K. Dick's shining essay.

Not exactly related to your posting topic, but a neat essay, regardless.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I read trough the second link a bit and what Philip K. Dick is saying pritty much sums up what David Icke is trying to say.

He also says that we are 1 contiousness that has the world we live in as a projected illusion to make use think we are all seperate individuals but in fact just are 1 contiousness searching to be whole again.

I'll read the other part later after I get some sleep

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
mauskov,

Cool link, while not directly related, still as it comes from the same author it's most welcome here

thematrix,

Yes, I sensed a "Icke" vibe running throughout that article. The question I guess would be which of the two is the original inventor of the idea, if either of them is that is.

I thank both of you for your comments, look forward to more/others.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
No problem...

Matrix, I already u2u'd you, however, I suppose I might as well pose this question publically:
What do people think regarding David Icke? His conspiracies? I don't think I quite grasp the "reptilian" thing, though I haven't read anything by the guy, either. Are there any recommendations?
(I've been looking at "Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center Disaster"...any good?)
Thanks

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSeeker
Yes, I sensed a "Icke" vibe running throughout that article. The question I guess would be which of the two is the original inventor of the idea, if either of them is that is.

I'm trying hard not to get cross, because I certainly know that you've done nothing to deserve it, but I'd like to point out that Philip K. Dick lived and died while David Icke was still a very young man, and certainly before Icke started spouting hateful theories about how Her Majesty is actually a lizard.

To my mind (and this is only my opinion), Philip K. Dick was a genius, and possibly someone lucky enough to have received a genuine vision from God. David Icke is just a very unfortunate man who is plagued by his own demons, and who insists on demonising other people. To compare the two of them is foolishness (to me).

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
No no, you misunderstand my statment. It was a statement of jest. You see I was saying "Which of them had the first idea, or did neither of them truly have the first idea of that theory?" It was, I guess you could say, a "playful podering" of how old that theory truly is. I mean, if this theory was true, and the "Grand Conspiracy" that many here believe in is true (myself included to a varying degree), then certainly someone knew of these things or came close to knowing these things a long time ago while these "sinister organizations" were still quite young.

Sorry you took it as "ignorant rudeness", but not the intent when I posted it.

Thank you.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by TheSeeker]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
No, No, I'm the one who should apologise...

Obviously, trying to defend Masonry against people who think we are lizards, baby-killers, Satanists, or evil tyrants is getting to me, but that's no excuse.

As to your question, it is indeed profoundly germane. Philip K. Dick inherited many of his ideas from the Gnostics of early Christian thought (I realise that's a very large and ill-defined group). The idea of a "demiurge" of questionable or downright evil intent who created the flawed physical world and who is keeping us from the true, spiritual God (whose agent Christ was) is certainly one of theirs. And the idea of a "Conspiracy of Light," the idea of believers slowly coaxing those trapped in the physical world of illusion into the true world of spirit was in fact a reality of early Christian thought (I'm sure that an intelligent fellow like you has already realised the parallel between this idea and the ideas present in the "Matrix" series of movies).

While I do not personally believe in the existence of an evil demiurge, I think that Philip K. Dick was more correct in spirit (rather than in letter) than many modern thinkers on religion. But again, this is an issue of personal feeling.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Well, I appreciate your apology, truly. But it's not needed. Miscommunication is terrible thing, and it has caused horrible things throughout history I'm sure. But you have no reason to apologize for a misunderstanding, we just come to understanding and move forward. Thank you again however.

Interesing to meet a Traveling Man here, nice to meet you. Sad that Masonry is considered such things. I'm sure it has quite a colorful past, but what other institiutions of such age do not? No, while some Masons may be conspiratorial in nature, so are many others. I think your group gets trodden on due to it's "secret" nature. Which I guess is rather paradoxial, as to truly show people that they have nothing to fear, you'd have to undermine the honor and tradition of keeping such things secret. But I digress, that's another matter for another time I'm sure.

Thanks for such a detailed response regarding Dick, as I had personally been thinking that such a theory had to truly be quite old. And yes I'd have to agree that such ideas where quite common among many early christians. Still, part of me, which I can't substatiate or explain, thinks that such a thought may be older than even this. But we may never know I fear.

As to the movie "The Matrix", it has quite a number of paralles. Sure one can see things relating to this subject, in fact I'd say it picks at some of the most ancient of questions. Although a tad off this line of thinking, have you really looked at that series of movies? There's some very interesting Masonic symbology in there as well, I was rather impressed to be honest.

Thanks for such a reply, it was much enjoyed.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mauskov
No problem...

Matrix, I already u2u'd you, however, I suppose I might as well pose this question publically:
What do people think regarding David Icke? His conspiracies? I don't think I quite grasp the "reptilian" thing, though I haven't read anything by the guy, either. Are there any recommendations?
(I've been looking at "Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center Disaster"...any good?)
Thanks

David Icke's video's, texts and conferences supply the average conspiracy theorist with alot of usefull information to start chassing and verifying imho.

As I said in the U2U, the path hes taken the last few years caused the public to see him as a nutcracker more then as the great speaker they used to see him as.

This is not my opinion really, because I always used his work as an information source to continue my own research on instead of listening to and believing exactly what he sais.

Reading between the lines is very important with guys like him.

Before 911 his main focus of informing the people seemed to be the history and agenda of the Illuminati and how they could be identified all around us.

Now he only handles that kind of subjects with minor detail and mainly focuses on the reptilian agenda and One Contiousness concept.

I'm afraid that most people can't grasp the new approach hes taken and therefor see him more as another conspiracy theorist instead of an informer.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It seems like Icke might be fairly similar to the writings of Robert A. Wilson...Not really in the Illuminatus! Trilogy, but more in his (obscure) psychological works..that is, "Prometheus rising" and "quantum psychology" - both of which I am only superficially familiar with.

Wilson writes a lot about "social robotics" - or the societal programming that takes place in an individual from birth till death. In other words, what we "accept" as absolute truths are more like conditioned beliefs to a set of circumstances.

The "Reptilian" theories in Icke's work I am not familiar with, though any superficial explanation would be cool, too ?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mauskov
It seems like Icke might be fairly similar to the writings of Robert A. Wilson...Not really in the Illuminatus! Trilogy, but more in his (obscure) psychological works..that is, "Prometheus rising" and "quantum psychology" - both of which I am only superficially familiar with.

Wilson writes a lot about "social robotics" - or the societal programming that takes place in an individual from birth till death. In other words, what we "accept" as absolute truths are more like conditioned beliefs to a set of circumstances.

The "Reptilian" theories in Icke's work I am not familiar with, though any superficial explanation would be cool, too ?

I'll U2U you a link to a program like Kazaa on wich I host some video's from people like Icke, Jones, Ruppert and others.

Seeing the video or listening to his radio appearances give you a much better idea of what hes saying then any summary by some guy like me.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Just bumping the thread so others can read the articles if they would like to. Thanks

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I liked it very much, the "cosmonology and cosmology" article is very interesting it seems that the author had a pretty good idea about the matrix eventhough the movie hadn't come out in 1978.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Although a tad off this line of thinking, have you really looked at that series of movies? There's some very interesting Masonic symbology in there as well, I was rather impressed to be honest.

Could not see the masonic symbology , can you tell me where it isin any of the Matrix Trilogy???

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bartholomeo
Although a tad off this line of thinking, have you really looked at that series of movies? There's some very interesting Masonic symbology in there as well, I was rather impressed to be honest.

Could not see the masonic symbology , can you tell me where it isin any of the Matrix Trilogy???

Yeah, ah...The Matrix was a good movie until it was gobbled up by the masses like swine at the trough. For some reason, broad acceptance is always a huge turn-off for me.

I'm not sure where there is masonic symbolism, but I'm sure if you banged a few key words into Google, you'd get a metric sheisseload of results.

new topics

top topics

join