It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Young To Be Sad, But Can't Help It :(

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm young.

I can hardly have conversations with my peers anymore due to my knowledge of economics, politics, and other sciences.

I realized that this world is going down the drain.

The environment is gone. No longer can I drink water without thinking about paper mills dumping their toxic waste into the aquifer. No longer can I see the stars at night like when I lived in a village. No longer can researchers build more energy efficient technology because of corporate fascism.

The economy is finished. All of my friends are applying to schools without thinking about how they can pay off their loans. Everyone that I know personally has 100% trust in paper currency. The tremendous amount of debt in this country is a ticking time bomb that will go off within the next decade.

Politics is bull#. Elections no longer matter because policies don't change. I am disenfranchised because I have absolutely no bearing on government actions. The world is governed by crytocracies who are all part of a big club and I'm not in it. Lastly, due to Obama, I have concluded that the Nobel Peace prize is a tool for the elites; I'm actually glad that people Ghandi didn't receive one.

I have come to the conclusion that life has no meaning. My life will always be the mundane. Work and sleep, work and sleep. I will always be a tool of the rich one way or another.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Sounds like you need to chill out and go to school with your friends.. Or even a CC. I should have prob. done that as well, now I have other problems of course. You should also probably not spend too much more time on this website - sounds like it will do you some good.

You sound a lot younger than me and staying locked up in your safety bunker will be a horrible way to live what could be the best years of your life most likely. Im not being mean, enjoy your night.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hun, i feel so sorry for you. How old are you? ( don't tell me if it is a breach of the conditions on this site, or if you think I'm a stalker lol). I'm 19, and only discovered a lot of these things for myself about a year ago. At first I was shocked, and outraged, and then felt exactly the same way you do now.

The best thing to do? For me it was get away from the computer for about a month, spend some time with my family and forget about it all. I decided to apply for uni because I realized that even though the world may be going to crap, I could still make a difference in a few lives ( I want to be a teacher). Get out and help your fellow man, there is nothing better for the heart. My partner want's to be a doctor, just to help, not for the money.

Another thing to do, look up inspiring stories, instead of politics and conspiracies. You'd be surprised at how many good things still happen in the world.

I'm not saying that I understand what your going through, especially since I live in Aus not America, but I hope that you can take something from this post.

Cherry

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Log off of ATS for a few days....

Get outside, enjoy nature, take a hike. Do something you've always wanted to but always made excuses not to.

Don't try to wake your friends up...unless they're truly open.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Good idea to break from ATS for a spell.

You are what you want, never give up. Start to enjoy the moment and small things. I know sometimes it's really hard to do that, but try this.

Name me 2 things that really matter to you in life. And I'll show you what I am speaking of.

I could go on about all the curve balls and terrible things that life has presented me with, but I have acknowledged them and gained a great deal of strength from them.

Now focus mainly on things in your life you have control over and not the ones you do not, because the issues you don't have control over will make you nuts.

Your going to be ok just talk to people and be around positive people.

Peace out.

P.S. if you need to talk pm me.

Originally posted by die_another_day

I have come to the conclusion that life has no meaning. My life will always be the mundane. Work and sleep, work and sleep. I will always be a tool of the rich one way or another.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I know a lot too...but there is something in my head called the happy switch.

For the best results, just leave it turned out. Yes, it can malfunction, but all that requires to fix is a little work.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah, there is a somewhat understood rule of thumb that you need to get away from ATS occasionally. It is not exactly a place for updates on happiness.
Excercise works, and do some good around your community, food bank is really simple and helpfull. There are alot of great social groups for people with down syndrome of some sort of handicap. I do it its awesome, its always fun to have someone who enjoys just hanging out and doing nothing.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You're just seeing the death of the old ways. Your reaction is only natural but you'll get through it. The world is about to become a very interesting place and the best position to be in is that of an observer. There will be bad times ahead but there will be good times also. It has to be said that if you are alive in this time then you are truly a lucky human being.
Recognizing the sadness is good, not succumbing to it is better.
Go get some air.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Depression knows no age limits my friend..

Check this out when you have the time:

WebMD Depression Test and find someone to talk to..

I have had PTSD and Clinical Depression for years, it really does help to talk...

It also helps to find a hobby that you enjoy that has nothing to do with the things that depress you.

I work on Computers for friends and collect things...

Feel free to U2U me anytime to talk

Semper

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
All i can say is that i understand and i love you. When you have a pure intention towards life and truth you have all the love in the world.. because you DESERVE IT.

Regardless of the suffering you experiance or the mistakes you make... know that the most loved and valuable thing on the surface of the earth is a pure holy spirit.

Each one is a child held untill its last breath in your arms. You cant save everyone and it breaks my heart because i am givin no where to run or hide.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Any time I feel down and out I like to talk to a friend of mine that is going through a horrible divorce. After he tells me all his problems, mine just pale in comparrison and it makes me feel a little better. In the same token when environmental issues get me down I just think how the Earth, Moon, and all the planets are going to be sucked into the Sun when in turns into a red super giant.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I am 14 and have been looking into the truth since I was 10 and I worry about everything you worry about. My friends are idiots and my parents aren't any better.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It is not as mundane as it seems. Life can still be very pleasant, very fullfilling, you cannot simply focus on what you read/see in the news or on sites like ATS. Let sensationalism have it's due, a lot of what you see and hear are just that, ATS itself tends to cause what one person here named ATS syndrome, a feeling of hopelessness for the world and ourselves when you are deluged with so many stories of doom and gloom. We will all find a way, we always have and always will, and it is up to you to make the best of that. I know we cannot ignore our world or it's issues, staying on top of world affairs is smart, being ready for an emergency situation is also smart, but live your day to day life striving to e happy, and to make others happy, it is as simple as that.

Edit to add:

I am most likely much older than you, but I would like for you to know that as a teenager growing up in the 60's and 70's, life, economy, war, global warming, nuclear war, all these things dominated the news, and I felt much like you are feeling right now, I just knew that there was nothing to live for anymore, or it would all be gone or turn to shiz before I was old enough to enjoy the world! I really thought that even completing school was a waste of time, why, when there wouldn't be any jobs out there when I graduated?! But life goes on, part of the human condition is that we survive, we are stronger than we can ever beleive in the face of adversity, and unity comes quickly when the chips are down. These are not the first times in history that the world has been in this shape.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You will have good days, bad days, happy days and sad days. You are not alone. You are not unique in this shared existence with shared conditions and emotional responses on this planet.
With your awareness, you have a responsibilty. First and foremost to yourself, and your purpose. You will define your own purpose.
You will experience many many things throughout your life, none will be as important as your "becoming you".
Do Not embrace the perspective of sorrow, it's a slope, it's a negative, and its easy.
Appreciate your life, as much as you can, and you can, as much as you want to.
So you've learned some things? Your awareness has you a little overwhelmed? Things arent what they seem in the Big Picture of the world?
How fortunate for you to discover this at an earlier age than most.
Now you can navigate and control your life a little better, you can "see" your choices and "your" picture of "your" life a lot clearer.
All of what you've learned, youve thrown into that one big box in your mind, and that one big box crammed full of all that scary stuff has become unorganized, overwhelming confusion?
Create smaller boxes, and sort out whats important, whats relative, whats needed and whats not.
Do an honest assessment of your current state and take control.
Do Not get sucked into the swirling vortex of useless limbo and waste your time on this world.
Youre alive and able right now, today, and you are alot more powerful and influential in designing your destiny than youre giving yourself permission.
Fate has you as (insert your name here) destiny is what you (insert your name here) choose to do with your life.
Are you going to "give" your life to these worries? Are you going to forget about yourself?
Well, maybe you will, now and again, become overwhelmed and lose some of your edge, lose some of your focus or your happy.
I believe everyone goes down their sections of the muddy dirty sidewalk of life from time to time. Yet thats just it. It's a section, a brief period, a speedbump.
Dont expect perfection, you nor anyone else can deliver it.
Dont feed yourself garbage.
Garbage in = garbage out. Take some stock in all the good you have going on in your life now, and appreciate it, write it down and reduce it to paper if you need to see it in front of you.
The future holds the unknown, it holds fear if you let it. The past is too easy to fill with regret.
Youre incapable of doing anything physical in either of those "times" but you can and are doing things in those "times" mentally and emotionally.
Concentrate on the "time" you are in currently, basically right now.
There's 3 types of people.
Builders - Sustainers - Destoyers.
Thats it. You choose. We all choose.
Sometimes we all need to hear we're going to be okay from others, and thats fine. But there's really no equal comfort to hearing and believing that we're going to be okay like when it comes from Ourselves.
Now you go on and put a smile on that head youre carrying around, and you know youre not alone. Make some good happen... go on and build your life.

Big Hug!

[edit on 14-12-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I agree with what was mentioned above......stay away from ATS for a little while. There is a site that may help to make you feel better about the world. These people have chosen to step out of the box and live life the way we are meant to. Robert Arthur: Menard is the spearhead of this movement and has onlocked many of the dirty little secrets used to keep us ALL enslaved.
Along with the the site link I will post a couple vids.
Peace
www.worldfreemansociety.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I just want to say that I sometimes get in moods and feel very similar to the OP. Also, I agree that life in general is meaningless but fortunately this doesn't mean that we can't still be happy much of the time or seek and achieve enlightenment. (I think it's important to grasp that idea. Even though on a smaller scale almost everything in our life has meaning, life itself does not and that's not easy for humans to get so they create meaning through religion and such. Once a person really gets that life doesn't have a meaning then it becomes a freeing and liberating thing.)

In this current time (and most of human history so far actually) there certainly is a lot to be angry about and the world can often seem very overwhelming and frustrating as more one learns about corruption, conspiracy, environmental degradation, and the darker side of human nature as expressed through war, violence and hate.
I get a bit discouraged whenever I start to think about the ever increasing complexity of our world and how small and helpless I feel compared to the large power structures who increasingly are influencing and controlling our day to day lives.

For me, I try to find solace and be grateful for the things that are eternally enjoyable and comforting; simple things like water when your thirsty, food when your hungry, a nice warm bed on a cold night, heat...and more importantly music, family, friends, the endless amount of information to be gained about our world and ourselves.
No matter how frustrating the government's actions can be or how much injustice goes on, as long as I can still create music, appreciate well crafted music, art, books, etc., appreciate the beauty of nature, animals, etc., and maintain close contact with family and friends, etc. then live is worth living.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Jedimind]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I'm young.

I can hardly have conversations with my peers anymore due to my knowledge of economics, politics, and other sciences.

The environment is gone. No longer can I drink water without thinking about paper mills dumping their toxic waste into the aquifer. No longer can I see the stars at night like when I lived in a village. No longer can researchers build more energy efficient technology because of corporate fascism.

The economy is finished. All of my friends are applying to schools without thinking about how they can pay off their loans. Everyone that I know personally has 100% trust in paper currency. The tremendous amount of debt in this country is a ticking time bomb that will go off within the next decade.

Politics is bull#. Elections no longer matter because policies don't change. I am disenfranchised because I have absolutely no bearing on government actions. The world is governed by crytocracies who are all part of a big club and I'm not in it. Lastly, due to Obama, I have concluded that the Nobel Peace prize is a tool for the elites; I'm actually glad that people Ghandi didn't receive one.

In the end pleasures and desires is all that matter. Where have you gotten in life being the nice loving person? Nowhere. Find a pleasure, seek it, GAIN it and selfishly indulge in it's wonders. Stop being a slave to such a programmed predictable world.

Service to the self is the path to pleasures unending.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

It’s not going down the drain – it just feels that way. I’m not going to try and talk you out of your feelings – those are up to you. They’re legitimate as far as that goes

when I was a kid – the environmental movement was just getting started – Earth Day – the EPA – programs about pollution and species vanishing...

one of the first books on the subject I read was Silent Spring (thanks dad - for not pulling any punches)
en.wikipedia.org...

It was overwhelming – especially for a kid

I felt that I’d just arrived and it was already disappearing

Then there was the Viet Nam war, the riots, Kennedy and Martin Luther King assassinations, famines, Watergate...

So, I understand – I really do

But I’m still here – the planet is still here. Some things have gotten worse - many have improved.

Now that I have more personal history – along with some knowledge of history in general – I see that the more things change, the more they stay the same. That can be both comforting and disturbing – I know

the only advice I could give you (if you’re really interested) is to try and achieve some balance and some focus

find something you love and believe in – and just dig in

here’s a little Pollyanna for you – which won’t go down very well right now probably – but force yourself to recognize every single good thing you experience – no matter how big or small.

It really is about balance, and it requires a certain amount of discipline to direct your own mind

look at it this way – you are the only one who can give your life meaning – the only one

you want to give up that easy?

plus – there’s nothing wrong with work/sleep/work/sleep (add in play)

what else is there? LOL!

(that last bit will probably only depress you even more – but think about it)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I have a lot of reasons to hate my life... but I don't... yes things are bad but... I have good friends and family... they can take a lot of things away from me but they cant take that!

Doesn't mater to me if things go to hell or we launch into a real utopia. either way I will be with the people I care about and together we boldly venture into anything life throws our way.

Dwell on the bad and you never see the good. you sound smart and yes well all face some touch choices. Be bold and make the right choices for you! but don't be scared try new things based on some bad press... things have been bad before and will be again. We get past all that with each other's help, not sitting around waiting for big brother to bail us out

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

As I read your post, I realized that I would not be able to offer much encouragement except that... it is often true that we must create our own realities out of the larger one.

Create a life for yourself and within the brutality and subterfuge that surrounds you, find those things that do bring happiness on a personal level. Do this in spite of all those things you noted.

Take your meaning from pushing back and not yielding. Then, your victories at the close of each day for succeeding at just that.

Best

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join