It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection, can not achieve it, can sum1 assist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I have a question...when you DO FINALLY reach a state where your body is asleep
you are in sleep paralysis, and you KNOW its time for something to happen. HOW DO U GET OUT...how do u start the series of say moving your arm, your astral arm...floating out of your body.
it always feels like im right on the edge...the fringe of "coming out" and i for some reason CANT FIGURE OUT how to...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

*DANGEROUS*

One could say climbing a mountain isn't dangerous if all they've done is walk a trail.

As a very long time traveler, with 12 years as a Reiki master doing distance healing, clearing houses of spirits and poltergeists, and many other things... I can say

ASTRAL TRAVEL CAN BE DANGEROUS.

It normally is not, especially for beginners but please don't discount the idea. If 6 people say it's not dangerous but 2 or 3 people say it is, wouldn't it be better to play it safe and at least CONSIDER that it may be dangerous.

I once got lost while testing to see how far I could go after disconnecting a silver cord. I eventually recognized that I could not locate my body! I was entirely out. I could see what looked like my dead body laying in the grass but had no ability to access it. I finally called on a Buddhist Lama I know and projected the situation; he brought me back instantly.

99% of astral travel is probably fine but to say there's no way it's harmful is simply nieve.

Do you mind if i ask how you contacted the buddhist lama?
Was he already physically dead, and you called upon his astral body?
Was he alive physically and somehow contacted him when he was in meditation of some sort?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
Do you mind if i ask how you contacted the buddhist lama?
Was he already physically dead, and you called upon his astral body?
Was he alive physically and somehow contacted him when he was in meditation of some sort?

He was, and is, alive. I used to live in a Buddhist Center and knew him well. I consider him more in-touch with awareness and one with consciousness than almost anyone I know.

When I was in trouble I just thought of how I could get help. I thought of him and just projected a mental (visual) image of my body in the park and my "self" out in never-never-land lol. He got the message.

He used to say, "you can put your consciousness wherever you want it, just most people only keep it in their body."

A lot of ESP happens by being aware of the mind's eye - like a 3D screen in our mind somewhere. If I say "loaf of bread" to you, you probably saw it somewhere - that's what I call the mind's eye. I focused on projecting the images to his mind's eye.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I have no need to be right. I just find it discouraging that you would enjoy telling new-projectors that it's dangerous. That is not encouragement to stay safe...it's discouragement from attempting...It is safe...It is harmless...

There's more of a chance of getting struck by a meteor than there is of anything dangerous taking place in the astral realm. Sure whatever, it may not be 100% safe, nothing is. But, I feel MORE SAFE in the astral realm than I do in my physical body. How's that for security?

A2D

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

you are in sleep paralysis, and you KNOW its time for something to happen. HOW DO U GET OUT...how do u start the series of say moving your arm, your astral arm...floating out of your body.
it always feels like im right on the edge...the fringe of "coming out" and i for some reason CANT FIGURE OUT how to...

I used to imagine a duplicate of myself, made of energy, residing inside myself. I'd imagine and will this white-light being to sit up. I'd still be laying down and would try (with my eyes closed) to see the white light being sitting there. Once I got the image I'd imagine the being standing up - this was usually enough to get me astral.

By the way, if you ever get stuck out of body maybe try what I did: focus all your will on moving one little pinky finger. The will usually causes you to come fully back in. (meditate on this - might help you reverse the idea and get out easier!)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I read the Monroe technique and i would say the farthest i have gotten to is about stage 5

ezinearticles.com...

link...

ifth Step

You must now control the vibratory state. This you can do by mentally creating waves of vibrations from head to toe.

The simplest way to create this wave effect is to focus on the vibrations. Mentally extend a wave of vibrations from your head to the rest of your body. You can create these waves at will after practicing for some time. To project successfully, you must attain full control of the vibratory mode.

i've gotten to that section, but i just dont really KNOW what to do next...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

I used to imagine a duplicate of myself, made of energy, residing inside myself. I'd imagine and will this white-light being to sit up. I'd still be laying down and would try (with my eyes closed) to see the white light being sitting there. Once I got the image I'd imagine the being standing up - this was usually enough to get me astral.

By the way, if you ever get stuck out of body maybe try what I did: focus all your will on moving one little pinky finger. The will usually causes you to come fully back in. (meditate on this - might help you reverse the idea and get out easier!)

great tip! and seems rather easy to "imagine, or visualize"
thank you all!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

There are a number of things you can do. Typically, projectors will try to sit up or float up out of their physical body. This isn't the only method though. You can also float down if that is better...you can "roll" out...you can "crawl" out...and you can also do as thermo has suggested and visualise your astral vehicle beforehand and then transfer your conscious via the "silver cord"...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Meh, I once fell asleep in school and woke up because I felt myself just drop right through my chair ^^

Okay, so this is something that seems to be very curious to me...
The whole issue with vibrations and tones.
I've hadn't had this "problem" for a while but just the past two days maybe it came back..I have a ringing noise in my ears, it's usually my right ear, when I go to bed. Because this sensation is isolated to the right ear mostly I believe it's also only a medical phenomenon isolated to my right ear...On the other hand, could it be that this noise indicates anything? However, I have had this noise on and off for years by now...

Other thing. I have a really weird way of forcing my legs to contract...It's just a sensation. It's like draining them and it feels as if all the neurons were charged the wrong way and it tends to hurt...But when I stop my legs seem to readjust a little. This sensation is isolated to the legs. Infos requested!

//edit: I just took a nap for a while and one thing comes to my mind...Up to one year ago I would nap regularily in class and I think the absence of comfortable body posture aided the increased waking-sleep perception as described by Edison in the wikilink..
Thinking back to my naps I remember that the perceptions accompaning me into sleep would feel very animate and motoric. And even more I remember that when I fall asleep under inopportune conditions (alas basically whenever I'm not in bed) I'd have trouble falling asleep because I'd "snap" back in so to say. Everything would start to feel very lively and busy and I just couldn't stand that feeling for long because it's somewhat exhausting to my mind I would dare suggest.

Does any of this have anything to do with anything here I ask?

[edit on 15/12/09 by thricearound]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
First, I have to say whoever mentioned that it is dangerous, that you are full of it. There is absolutely nothing dangerous about the astral realm. In fact, your thoughts manifest your actions so if anything even remotely resembles danger, you have complete control over what transpires.

Now, for the OP, I have a few questions. You can also U2U me if you'd like and I'll be willing to help to the best of my abilities. I just need to know what methods you have tried, and what is hindering your progress. Also, what time are you trying to project, is it complete silence or do you have binaural beats, are there any fragrances, anything to distract the mind at all? And finally, most important of all, what are you meaning to accomplish by projecting?

As Yoda says in my signature: "Do or do not. There is no try."

Respectfully
A2D

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

I'm not going to argue with you. I'm not even going to tell you why I know this.

I wanted to let this cat know the score. My duty is done.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

the main thing is, us precautions. Create a safe space to operate in. As mentioned, I suggest books by Dion Fortune, Starhawk (later she went a little TOO feminist for even me), and Ellen Cannon Reed. That will get you started with good basics.

Witch's Tarot book and Witch's qabalah are excellent even for non "witchs" that want a quick study into pathworkings. They're set up safely.

Unless your asian, I suggest sticking with western philosophy. Eastern is about "spiritual anialation" (not suicide) whereas western is "union" and growth. Not a slam.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have two friends who've claimed to have some real success with astral projection. I'm reminded of the scene from Alice in Wonderland, where she's falling down the tunnel and then finally catches herself... I wonder if that's a symbol of what needs to be done to remember yourself when you're falling asleep. Maybe you just have to let yourself fall for awhile before letting your waking level of consciousness spring up? I've tried just "remembering" myself while falling asleep for years, and that has never worked.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jem78
I have two friends who've claimed to have some real success with astral projection. I'm reminded of the scene from Alice in Wonderland, where she's falling down the tunnel and then finally catches herself... I wonder if that's a symbol of what needs to be done to remember yourself when you're falling asleep. Maybe you just have to let yourself fall for awhile before letting your waking level of consciousness spring up? I've tried just "remembering" myself while falling asleep for years, and that has never worked.

Some of what I wrote may be confusing... I've tried to just "stay conscious" while falling asleep for years, to achieve lucidity in my sleep. The only time I've actually achieved that state though has been through accident... I just happen to wake up in the borderland between being awake and being asleep. This has only happened to me a handful of times. When I'm in this borderland, I find myself looking into the dark blackness. No dreams are there yet. Suddenly I can create images that my eyes can see, and I'm in full control of this. Around this time I lose my waking consciousness and slip into full sleep. I haven't tried moving out of my body from that point of total blackness. I don't even have a clue if that's the gate from where the ol' astral projection "airplane" departs.

But I have an idea of what to try next: strengthen the waking consciousness so that it automatically springs back while I'm falling asleep. Stay away from heavy foods that will make me too tired, and fall asleep too fast. Maybe stay away from meats and just have water for drink for awhile? Meditating nightly before bedtime seems like it would strengthen the ability to maintain alertness while the body moves into a more restful mode. Maybe doing this has the same effect as winding a spring, which will release itself at the right moment while I'm falling toward deep sleep?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join