It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection, can not achieve it, can sum1 assist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have been attempting to astral project for the past 6-8 months, with no results. I have tried numerous amounts of techniques, all of which that has failed. I have read on a few threads/forums before that people who are ABLE to astral project, CAN PULL someone out of their body, (once there frequency are found), and assist them in coming out of there body.

I feel like this is the only part, or thing to show myself that what i believe...is truelly TRUE.
I guess i need to prove it to myself, and this would be the last straw.
Would or anyone be able to possibly assist, or at least give some personal tips to help?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
How about redirecting all that effort to something thats actually possible to do?

I dont know whats with the whole astral projection thing, i tried many times when I was younger and more gullible, and in the end I just concluded that it was BS

[edit on 13/12/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have always wondered about OBE's myself -- The stories and stuff behind it give it some plausibility yet I have never ever seen a scrap of evidence of it in my personal life.
I wish there was an 'expert' by me to help me through it (same with a vision quest)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
I have been attempting to astral project for the past 6-8 months, with no results. I have tried numerous amounts of techniques, all of which that has failed. I have read on a few threads/forums before that people who are ABLE to astral project, CAN PULL someone out of their body, (once there frequency are found), and assist them in coming out of there body.

I feel like this is the only part, or thing to show myself that what i believe...is truelly TRUE.
Would or anyone be able to possibly assist, or at least give some personal tips to help?

6-8 months, well to be honest with you it could take years depending on the person. Also 6-8 months of light meditation before bed isnt much at all.

read my old thread it may help you.

Astralpedia

[edit on 13-12-2009 by The Cloak]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
How about redirecting all that effort to something thats actually possible to do?

I dont know whats with the whole astral projection thing, i tried many times when I was younger and more gullible, and in the end I just concluded that it was BS

As in going to someones thread, that you considerably have no interest in, bash what they are trying to achieve or at least experience, and then sum it up with a hypocrite line of "i tried many times..."

I appreciate you spending the time u have here =]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cloak

Originally posted by kaskade

ya...i think i need to be more "gungho" about it per say. For 1 months...when i first got into Buddhism...i really took the teachings and lifestyle full heartedly. And that month was such supreme happinesss for me...
Dont get me wrong nothing really changed up in my life...bad things still happened, still got upset but my OUTLOOK, meditation, and point of view...it made everything that much more...BLISSFUL...
for whatever reason i lost that drive..
=/

6-8 months, well to be honest with you it could take years depending on the person. Also 6-8 months of light meditation before bed isnt much at all.

read my old thread it may help you.

Astralpedia

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
unfortunately for most the drive to do and commit to something like this is not there. Some out right deny it existence without giving it the time of day, others follow blindly those who claim to hold all the keys.

You need to ask yourself, why do i want to project? what is my personal reason to do this. Focus on that whatever it may be, that may assist you. Stay strong to your convictions and hold your intent. Dont waiver on temporary thoughts, hold that thought and dont let it go, day after day let it run through you and build. Add to your motives and WANT to fulfill your motives.

It has alot to do with intent, its simple really the hard part it doing it for the first time, if the intent is there it will be simple from there on.

take your time, be patient and it will happen when you least expect it, sometimes wanting something and not fully understanding why you want it is the very thing that prevents it from becoming as you wish.

Just relax and go with the flow. it will happen when your ready.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That's truly a shame and sounds more like your Ego talking.

Just because you can not achieve something you deem it BS?

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Info for the OP.

Here is my story I posted a while back on OOBE.

Never give up, it will happen especially if you relax and let your fears and negative thoughts go. Fears are like an anchor for astral travel.

Think I can and I will, it will lift you to those higher levels.

I would start by learning to first meditate and be very comfortable with higher vibrations, once you learn to relax you'll project.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Here is a forum that may help your plight for OOBE.

Talk with others to see and come up with your own path to OOBE.

Goodluck to you.

www.astralpulse.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Here is a forum that may help your plight for OOBE.

Talk with others to see and come up with your own path to OOBE.

Goodluck to you.

www.astralpulse.com...

Thank you man, i greatly appreciate the effort. I know the techniques they SAY to do...but i was more interested in if someone CAN HELP ME GET OUT OF MY BODY...or as you did...post and talk about there PERSONAL experience, and try to compare/understand.

The only time i was able to "achieve" an obe...was when i was SADLy, under the influence of some plant that is legal in some states

Anyhow that was the only time i "did" but at the same time i always questioned it cause...well how can i know if it was "REAL" or just that u know lol

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

There is no one person that will be able to that for you, what someone can do or group is give you the tools, info, and confidence you need to keep trying.

It's like anything if you want to do it bad enough, you'll find a way to achieve your goal.

Some say it's easy, some say it's not.

What I have found is thoughts are binding, heavy like an anchor so to speak. Quiet your mind, feel the small sensations of your physical body.

I'll give you a tip and it was my stepping stone for OOBE when I was totally aware of what I was doing.

This is not a plug for this company or the owners, but this particular self guided hypnosis audio was done over 20 years ago and the only one that has ever work for me.

They even have a sample too online.

www.potentialsunlimited.com...

Barry voice is the most confident and soothing self-guided programs our there.

Have fun.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
As other posters mentioned. Meditation. I don't really take interest in one spiritual related thing or the other, I sort of attempt to understand the entirety. Meaning.. there are possible multiple connections that would attribute to something like astral projection.

I would suggest really turning within and finding deep peace and self-awareness. Astral Projections become somewhat of a bi-product of your new state of mind, you become more conducive to that type of activity.

In my opinion, everything we do is timely and has purpose.

If you have any thoughts like "maybe I'm not ready because I should do this.."... then.. maybe your right? Alternatively, maybe your not ready because you're not ready.

I can assure you its most certainly not BS either. It really hits that very strong realization when you wake up with magnetic feeling teeth and a pulsating skull, just to name a couple things.

Throw away all expectations, trying to make something its not hinders a natural process in my opinion.

There are so many techniques and I just find them overly complicated, however I am getting to the point where I can project consciously instead of using sleep. I think the conscious projections are pretty hardcore and i'm not surprised people struggle with them.

When i've done conscious projections I had been meditating for several hours. When you first start meditating you might be prone to slipping into a deep state, call it zen or whatever where you are barely conscious, you may even think you slept except when you bounce out of it your pupils are dilated, you're extremely focused and don't feel groggy, you feel charged.... well.. if you can get beyond that from happening, you reach very informational states, where it seems your conscious mind is more conducive to higher consciousness and you are less likely to drift / sink into that void.

From this state I was able to project just by sensing my body as I regularly practice.. that light body buzz turned into full on vibrations with a high pitch sound to follow, and then I projected.

I have a podcast you can look into.. the thread its in there is some discussion by members about projecting. Its a very popular topic on this site, there are threads everywhere. My podcast is an audio guide of how I used to and still use this method of mine to project.

If you have a good mental alarm..wake yourself up roughly 2 - 3 hours before you normally would... like if you wake up at 6 am.. tell yourself to wake up at 4.. Hopefully you are still tired enough to sleep when you wake up looking at the clock. It shouldn't be a problem. For those who aren't used to exploring states of consciousness, sleep seems like a shut off switch but you have a conscious awareness during sleep time that can very effortlessly do something like wake you up, and more then that.. I have had full nights of sleep where I was aware I was sleeping.. wierd.. not like dreaming... it was like WAITING..for 8 hours... but it wasn't bad.. it was like deep zen. Anyways, just illustrating how the subconscious self is active and so you can wake yourself up... like when you think "oh I can't be late tommorow" and you wake up 10 minutes before your alarm would go off.

Also.. keep that in mind..you could have built in fears really working around in your consciousness while sleeping. That part of your mind knows you want to project but it isn't ready. I've found the best way is to trick it.. since it seems so reluctant...

Wake yourself up 2 hours earlier.. or hell.. if your sleeping in one day even, or just taking a nap is also the best... I say 2 hours because that's when your dream recall is pretty good and you're in tune to those different states of consciousness. So..when you wake up.. just fall back to sleep repeating to yourself "I want sleep paralysis, I HAVE sleep paralysis"..if you've ever had it, try to recall the feeling, and tell yourself you are experiencing it. You might wake into sleep paralysis and from there you can project, which is a whole learning experience in itself.. its very routine for me now.. paralysis and "oh I see whats going on" - feel a spot in the "room" I want to be, and i'm there. I used to struggle, but just try to get to sleep paralysis and don't fight it.. the struggling burns too much of what I feel to be a very real fuel for the experience. The first couple projections I had I was drained for the whole day and could barely drag my legs. The sound was also more intense and fluctuating like in my podcast..now its very quite and gentle like that ever-present ringing in your ears like that "tinitis".

Anyways, you can check out my podcast for more info on that technique, i feel it is pretty simple comparatively. I started projecting this year around April and I've been pretty consistant.. after like a several month break I was projecting every other day, its been cool. But what I had to realize was there was something keeping me from projecting.. I couldn't find a purpose aside from novelty... so there was no sincerity..

Clear out your mind, really get into a state of mind that is accepting and ready for such an experience, non-biased, unafraid and sincere.

Aim for sleep paralysis, its the step between anyway, instead of jumping way ahead when your subconscious might want nothing to do with projection anyways, as it is pretty draining in the beginning, what with the waking up with vibrating bones and temporarily magnetic teeth sensations followed by one really really lazy day.

Hope any of that helps, peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
first off, why? what are you trying to achieve?

second, how old are you? Be honest. This is not a question of your "maturity", its a question of safety. Please, be honest.

Realize that going "out" does have its dangers. The "inner planes" (IP) have safety nets for "the ignorant" but dont push it.

When you are "out", you are about as close to death as possible.

Not trying to scare you, just making you aware.

I suggest some books by Dion Fortune, Ellen Cannon Reed, or the like. There are a LOT of flakes out there that are for the money or just plain "fuzzy bunny" new agers. Stay away from Silver Ravenwolf, Claire Prophet, and ANY channeler crap. REAAAALLY STAY AWAY FROM CROWLEY! His stuff is written for the adept (I aint one) and has traps for those who arent wary (he knew his stuff but was an absolute ass!). All OTO publications are VERBOTTEN!

Magick is NOT a game and you can get hurt.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Have you actually consciously Astral projected?

In all my years and that is 20+ I have never come across anything remotely close to danger or death.

Your own fears can play into your projection, but that is something that most people need to work out even on the earthly plane by facing them.

Books are rubbish for the most part, most of those people never even projected and spread disinfo, only to make money.

And the ones that did have issues on the astral plane brought their own negative energies/fears and anger with them. People don't recognize their own anger and negativity and then write a book about the monster's that came to get them.

If you acknowledge and face your fears, anger and other lower emotions they will make you stronger, but the longer you fight them or avoid them the louder and stronger they will get.

Originally posted by felonius
first off, why? what are you trying to achieve?

second, how old are you? Be honest. This is not a question of your "maturity", its a question of safety. Please, be honest.

Realize that going "out" does have its dangers. The "inner planes" (IP) have safety nets for "the ignorant" but dont push it.

When you are "out", you are about as close to death as possible.

Not trying to scare you, just making you aware.

I suggest some books by Dion Fortune, Ellen Cannon Reed, or the like. There are a LOT of flakes out there that are for the money or just plain "fuzzy bunny" new agers. Stay away from Silver Ravenwolf, Claire Prophet, and ANY channeler crap. REAAAALLY STAY AWAY FROM CROWLEY! His stuff is written for the adept (I aint one) and has traps for those who arent wary (he knew his stuff but was an absolute ass!). All OTO publications are VERBOTTEN!

Magick is NOT a game and you can get hurt.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Meditation is the key as far as practice goes. How long have you been trying? are you doing this in the middle of the day or before you go to bed?

I have done it once, therefore anyone claiming its bs ( i guess ufo and aliens are bs too?) because they haven't had a personal experience is a fool.

It is difficult to do. My main problem is passing the threshold consciously. something about fear and/or too much anticipation and excitement.

you will know when your close

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have a question. I tried for months myself. And while I was never ever to leave my body, I got to the point where I can now see my bedroom through my eyelids at night. In fact I see it better with my eyes close rather than open.

Is this normal? I mean OBE wise. I just cant get to the point of detaching.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Very good point.

Excitement will hinder the process, but that's ok.

It's getting used to that buzzing, ringing in the ears so to speak state that many people have difficulties pushing passed.

It's all about literally going with the flow.

Originally posted by EarthWanderer

It is difficult to do. My main problem is passing the threshold consciously. something about fear and/or too much anticipation and excitement.

you will know when your close

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
First, I have to say whoever mentioned that it is dangerous, that you are full of it. There is absolutely nothing dangerous about the astral realm. In fact, your thoughts manifest your actions so if anything even remotely resembles danger, you have complete control over what transpires.

Now, for the OP, I have a few questions. You can also U2U me if you'd like and I'll be willing to help to the best of my abilities. I just need to know what methods you have tried, and what is hindering your progress. Also, what time are you trying to project, is it complete silence or do you have binaural beats, are there any fragrances, anything to distract the mind at all? And finally, most important of all, what are you meaning to accomplish by projecting?

As Yoda says in my signature: "Do or do not. There is no try."

Respectfully
A2D

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadameGuillotine
I have a question. I tried for months myself. And while I was never ever to leave my body, I got to the point where I can now see my bedroom through my eyelids at night. In fact I see it better with my eyes close rather than open.

Is this normal? I mean OBE wise. I just cant get to the point of detaching.

Very good! And yes it is normal. I have many of these occurrences even when I nap or just dosing off to sleep. Your becoming more aware.

This is an OOBE, you just haven't taken it further. Allow yourself to lift now by asking your higher self to assist or you can imagine yourself/your body blowing up like a helium balloon.

Feel your finger expand, your legs, body, arms, head, feel the inflation of your astral body and it will lift right out.

It is also good to have a place that you would like to go. example your room at first, maybe just travel to your rooftop, but keep it close. Get used to the new sensations or actually remember what you have forgotten. lol!

enjoy.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well...There was a phase I went through about a year ago where I was hellbent on astral projection. I was so desperate to it and I felt like it was the only way I could go on.

I think this is why I never had a true astral projection.

As far as OOBE's go, during my trial period, I got out about 6 times. 0 of these were from a waking state. 4 of them were from waking up in the morning and then nodding back off. The other two were using a technique that I saw in a Robert Monroe video that used to be on youtube. I had an easy time lucid dreaming around that time and this technique was on inducing an OOBE from a lucid dream.

What you do is, as soon as you regain conciousness in the dream, immediately close your eyes, cross your arms over your chest and jump up backwards and fall down into a lying down position, the same posiition you would be floating out of your body towards the ceiling in. The video would be so much better hopefully you get what I'm saying. If done properly, you shoot through a dark sparkly rainbow and hear the "pop" and you should be out.

If you can lucid dream, as I found that much easier and had been doing it regularly, you should try going OOBE from your dream.

All of these OOBE's lasted

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join