It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Wealthiest people in the world today are those who bought silver, not gold."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

I am saying that.

Markets don't trade entirely on fundamentals. I am sure during the oil spike we had well over demand, yet still ran up on speculation. Meaning the market determines the price and not fundamentals (the other 50%). A short squeeze is one thing, but those do not last more than how long it takes to overwhelm their most likely 5% max stop, or in some cases large institution get stuck, but I do not think it has anything to do with this? It might but that sure was a long ass short squeeze then wouldnt you say? And where do you find what institution is short how many contracts etc?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Supply always matters in commodities. Establishing equilibrium (price) - between sellers (supply) , and buyers (demand) is the primary function of a futures exchange.

supply/demand * teeter/totter.

I'll leave you to it GBM

Edit Add: On another note , I agree with your position on the equities market. The narrow sideways chop into oversold without a correction is bullish imo , and could yield an xmas present for patient longs. Equities & Gold trading in lock-step again...against the dollar.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by OBE1]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
What is up? What is down?

It seems to me everything is debatable at this point.

I do agree though that precious metals are ways to preserve wealth, not generate it. That being said gold prices have tripled in the past 5 years... I think that counts as wealth generation, does it not?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
What is up? What is down?

It seems to me everything is debatable at this point.

I do agree though that precious metals are ways to preserve wealth, not generate it. That being said gold prices have tripled in the past 5 years... I think that counts as wealth generation, does it not?

Exactly. When I'm in a sour mood and confronted by the usual naysaying, I occasionally snap, "so, hows the pets.com and Miami investment condo working out for you these days? I mean, housing never goes down and commdities are only for sukers, right?"

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well... it is a puzzle. I've heard that Gold could go to 2300, and I've heard that it's extremely overvalued. What is the truth? I think, for me at least, I'm going to wait it out and see what happens. Silver couldn't hurt though, but i'm uncertain of its redeemable value in a complete financial collapse situation... I am starting to turn towards equities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join