It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 people missing in one night last july -Web bot prediction true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hmmm, came across this interesting CBC news world article:

Nearly 10,000 people disappeared overnight from Urumqi. Where did they go? Were they all killed or sent somewhere? Rebiya Kadeer told a news conference at the Japan National Press Club.

Interesting, I remember this web bot prediction some time ago but haven't heard anything about this until now.

Just putting this out there.

source

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hello FlySolo.
That regions is beyond bizarre .
There is an amazing thread by zorgon about this region.
Please don't think I'm trying to throw this off topic.
What you have found here is yet another huge mystery from the same region . The comment I posted below was in Zorgon's thread and I was summing up some of the anomalies of the region. It is below

"Xianjang a country wich is "...three times the border of Texas that shares borders with Pakistan and Afghanistan"
So, we have ancient pyramids, oil, and a Chinese gov't trying to calm down a racial/cultural boiling point that is bubbling over there.
We've got a lot going on over there. take in all of it and that is really strange"

Now we have 10,000 missing people from the exact same region just disappear? This place is off the charts crazy.

Take a look at this other thread I'm talking about. It's here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I wasn't aware, thanks for the update and link. I'll take a look!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It sounds like the region where htey were having the ethnic riots with the uighurs (sp?). It would make sense if that were the case as I'm sure the chinese authorities would have no problem rounding up 10 thousand or a hundred thousand if they thought they were a threat.
What happens there will happen in the US eventually, we seem to be moving in the direction of becoming a full-fledged communist state.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

If Joseph Stalin could deport the entire Chechen people and their Ingush neighbours from the Caucasus to central Asia in 1944 for allegedly helping the Nazis it does not seem implausible that the Chinese authorities would not find it too difficult to “disappear” 10,000 people in the 21st century.

The infrastructure is certainly there to allow for such a thing and where they would go? I do not think it outlandish to suppose that there are many hidden places within the Chinese penal system that could devour such a number

It is abhorrence but these seem to be the days we live in at the moment.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hi There! Well theres a lot of tension there. I wouldnt want to say 10000 went exactly but take a quick look at this link....

news.bbc.co.uk...

Suggests that theres 43 missing and the Police claim to have 1500 in detention.
You cant really rule out people moving from the area either but then again, and i dont really want to say it but is there a possibility of ethnic clensing of sorts?

"Among the Uighurs who have settled in south-eastern China, it is hard to find anyone prepared to talk openly about life in the Han-majority country." and "Almost 200 people, most of them Han Chinese, were killed in violence with ethnic Uighurs in Urumqi." from the BBC news site.

The main ethnic division: 45% Uighur, 40% Han Chinese

From what ive read TV and Radio from with in the country is censored and to be honest the majority of the infomation i can find is from the internet.
Theres even a report about someone going across the border to watch TV to find out whats happening.
There isnt even "much" coverage in the news here.

Seems some news is not as important compared to "REALITY TV."

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
10,000 missing !

perhaps there is a Census miscount or entry error,
because 10,000 missing people would show up in the schools, workforce, markets, etc. and cause great commotion.

on-the-other-hand, 10,000 people may have migrated from smaller villages & towns to the bigger cities or with relatives in an attempt to excape from the murderous 'ethnic cleansing'

i'll periodically get refreshed in any thread updates...

thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

The Chinese security forces crush dissent without mercy. We are comparative lucky in western democracies. I've met chinese tourist recently, outside China on the tourist trail. Some I spoke to seem aware of the situation however they except the sacrifice of liberties for the new wealth the government has created. As they are tourists outside China I assume they are wealthy. Are they concerned about human rights for minorities inside China?
It would be cool to hear what any ATS's of Chinese origin have to say.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

Dosnt sound like it.. I dont want to people bash but, as long as their doing fine and the money keeps coming right?
Im sure that their Internet restrictions are quite crazy too, it would be good if we could get a greater insight to this so that we can say that it wont be similar to any thing that happens in Africa withg clensing and regiem change e.t.c.

new topics

top topics

join