It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi bloodily attacked, and yet it's not Obama so who cares right?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi was rushed to hospital after a man with a history of mental problems attacked him, knocking out two of his teeth, following a political rally in Milan. Police have charged the 42-year-old assailant with aggravated assault for hurling a miniature replica of Milan's gothic cathedral at the controversial 73-year-old prime minister. Aides bundled Berlusconi into a car and rushed him to hospital in the northern industrial hub where he will stay for 24 hours, media reports said.

For added bloody footage news.ninemsn.com.au...

Now Silvio is one of my favourite corrupt meglamniacs that manages to get himself voted in under the guise of democracy.

He is currenlty under investigation in his private life and business affairs including accusations of Mafia ties . He recently had a law overturned by the Supreme court that stopped by law any investigation into him as primeminister.
His play with women is inspring for any world leader
www.youtube.com...

But lets not get into all that, what interests me, is that we have pretty bloody footage of a attack on a Primeminister, and yet the ATS boards are quiet.
If this was Obama the WWW would have shut down by now, and the TAN servers would have melted.

I'm just a non US citizen sick of all the hoo haaa about 1 president, its insular and reflective of a nations attitude to the rest of the world, yet in reality you are not insular.

We are all people, nationalism is a learned behaviour. I'm torn on this thread to report on a lunatic leader getting attacked, or the fact that ATS is so American centric to the point its getting boring.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sigh~ and so my point is made clear......the interest in real global events as opposed to reptillian shapeshifting presidents is astounding indeed.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I'm not following your premise here?

It's a shame the man got attacked, maybe he can buy the judge that tries his attacker.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Im not following me either seiko!
Im just cranky pants this morning that all over our news we are reporting on a world leader being attacked, and yet no one on ATS gives a hoot because it wasn't american.
Anyway, poor Silvio and all that....sigh~

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Sigh~ and so my point is made clear......the interest in real global events as opposed to reptillian shapeshifting presidents is astounding indeed.

You have some issues that you should get out I think.... If you are this upset because the boards didn't explode over a PM getting attacked then maybe you need a break from forums. This has nothing to do with Obama at all. If you think people are so in love with obama then just look through the boards and you will find about 99% filled with hate for the guy.

This is already in the MSM and I'm sure it will get posted in about 4 different threads on ATS until somebody figures out an angle to get them stars and flags.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I couldn't have said this better myself!

Yes! one could think that more people would be more interested in this event, but no!

But this is unfortunately our reality on this site, the International community is the minority here!

S&F

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I am well aware Obama is very disliked on ATS, hence I commented on its not about a Reptillian president and I knew from the onset the interest on this thread would be lacking.....

I'm not after flags and points, I have enough to see me through to the new year at least

My point is that if this was Obama, the boards would have exploded.
I think even if Gordon Brown was attacked most ATSers wouldn't care.
The insular attitude bugs me.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

MODs I did my checking and didnt see it, pls close my thread if you deem fit

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

If it was Gordon Brown it would probably go much farther. Probably 85% of Americans have no clue who Berlusconi is.

it was unfair of me to say you have issues. Sorry.

On the story, I'm amazed somebody could get to a PM so easily. Normally security is much better.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

so his a reptillian

i mean look how his aids rushed in to cover his face up before the media could pick it up?

What do ya think?

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Bit of topic: Berlusconi deserve to be stoned to dead. Really disgusting guy. He is modern times mafia boss. I applaud attacker - just pity that he chose so small cathedral model.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Funny how the media attacked the person with the so called mental problems of history, so the media says the guy who attacked has alot of mental problems? really now.

So I wonder if Cnn picked this fourm site of part of there discussion you know what will CNN say about us?

That all the people in the forum of ATS Site have some sort of mental problems and thus should be avoided and be closed.

Reality is what i am trying to say that the media claims that Berlusconi is a kind men and a gentle loving parent who only cares for italy rome and cares for the little people, the other fact to remember freedom fighters or freedom of right seekers which are us, the media will always we are crazy or that we.

Have mental problems, because its the job to lie for the elites.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

and yet it's not Obama so who cares right?

I hoped for someone to do that to Obama when he collected his nobel piss prize whilst trying not to barf when he spoke.

Still, Berlusconi doesn't get my sympathy either.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
lol!

Great punch!

hmmm.. more please

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I was just passing by and thought I read that Obama has been hurt? Oh wait it's just the Italian Prime Minister? O.K. Then carry on. Thank GOD it wasn't Obama I would have been just devestated.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

It is hard for Americans to get involved in international politics when there nation is nearly a continent on to it self.

That is always my favorite excuse.

My real reason is that I hadn't seen the story. People might be more interested if you posted some background and gave some context. Then we would know why it was important to care.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

He undergoes plastic surgery, has a hair transplant, sleeps with minors, dilly dallies with professional prostitutes, makes politically incorrect declarations , talks of a tanned leader called Obama, declares Italian colonialism was a blessing and more but few people are laughing. Berlusconi tries at being a political clown but he is not funny.

Link

It is quite good article and I can recommend it to everybody, who is not familiar with Mr. Berlusconis political career.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

My point is that if this was Obama, the boards would have exploded.
I think even if Gordon Brown was attacked most ATSers wouldn't care.
The insular attitude bugs me.

I think you made a good and sound point there Zazz. It bugs me too. What bugs me most of all is that it applies to me, and I don't like that about myself --

It's not so much that I don't care about world leaders other than Americans, but that my sources of this kind of news are very Ameri-centric. I don't even get the real BBC on TV -- I get BBC America. WTH??? Isn't that a contradiction in terms, sorta like "public works"?

and.........

Police have charged the 42-year-old assailant with aggravated assault for hurling a miniature replica of Milan's gothic cathedral at the controversial 73-year-old prime minister.
This should be a huge story here, if for no OTHER reason than it's clearly the most creative bludgeon ever!

So what should be done about this disparaging situation? I think just what you've done -- point it out, make it known.

Thank youfor the eyeopener m'friend Always beneficial to learn something uncomfortable about oneself.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
He got attacked by a literal crazy person . . .
Yea it really sucks that he got attacked but what exactly is to talk about? (Nobody likes getting assaulted last time I checked.)
Oh hes a politician so its international politics now

give me a break -- go talk about tiger woods or something

Is there more to the story? No(?)
I saw a thread on this already so I don't know why your complaining . . .
Unless . . .
Maybe You are just complaining to complain -- Obama gets too much attention ok we know! Get used to it -- Most of the crazy stories et cetera have something to do with him. (At least loosely)

[edit on 13-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

I was aware of some of his ........ let me characterize it as racist attitudes, from my perspective. I'd read of some of the litigation and alleged ties to the mob. There's quite a bit in that blog that I hadn't heard of..... interesting reading, thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join